Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else do classical studies ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Here we go with the prediction board for Alexander.

A few things to note, questions about "the character of Alexander" include very specific questions on his character.

In 06 issus and the army was one question, in 07... I dunno why I marked that.

I might have made 1 or 2 small mistakes, but on the whole its solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

I'm wondering, could they ask a whole question on Philotas? I mean, theres the conspiracy he was involved in and thats pretty much it?

Check the 2003 chief examiners report. They asked general plots on that one, and its pretty good for sample answers and opinion (also for the heavily tipped gedrosian desert)

www.examinations.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I think if you cover Tyre, Persopholis, key deaths, and Gerdrosian desert you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 wowiee

if they were to ask a question on the secondary characters in Alexander like Roxanne, Tias, hephaistion etc..how do you think they would ask it?

• Advertisement

I think they would phrase it...

"The classical studies examiner is a complete and utter wanker, discuss this in relation to Roxanne"

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Page 157 is a very interesting page in both The Odyssey and The Aeneid. Compare page 157 of the Odyssey with page 157 of the Aeneid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

wowiee wrote: »
    if they were to ask a question on the secondary characters in Alexander like Roxanne, Tias, hephaistion etc..how do you think they would ask it?

who in gods name is tias?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭k8hm

hey does anyone have anything on Hyphasis is the Alexander section please?? I can't find anything on it in my notes and it's never come up before!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

k8hm wrote: »
    hey does anyone have anything on Hyphasis is the Alexander section please?? I can't find anything on it in my notes and it's never come up before!!!

http://www.livius.org/aj-al/alexander/alexander_t20.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Col Man

Sorry did someone say "easy points" was a reason to do this subject? Oh man no way....

Alexander is gay....

Literally...

Sorry that was a poor joke. Good luck in classical folks

BLARG wrote: »

Hyphasis has come up, it was a mistake on the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭k8hm

oh, ok any idea what year it came up?

Yeah the battle has never come up. The mutiny however came up in 08 and 01. Banterous really.

Hmm tbh should probably glance at the battle, I must say thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Lol mate, how are you gonna glance at the battle? It's been over for years, and they forgot to record it!

That's right, forgot. According to Arrian, Alexander also invented the video camera. Legend.

Yeah its Grando, Colin Farrell was actually around at the time, LEGEND.

Arrian says that Alexander invented the Colin Farrell.

It makes sense. Just think about it harder.

Arrian says a lot of stuff, Colman don't you have applied maths to study for?

Or are you on msn.

Just doing past papers now my friend. It's good craic really. Got music too, I think two past papers in AM today is good, maybe music most of tomorrow with one past paper of AM thrown in? Sorted sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Bloomsday

Hey guys I'm also studying this fine subject and have been following this thread closely.

I'm quite worried about Plato, if any of you could PM me some sample answers, i'd be forever in your debt!

#Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Nail that crapical studies exam folks!

That's right Chris, every exam you do is crap.

Technical Crapics,

Crapical studies,

Crapics (Physics)

Mathecrapics,

Crapch (French...),

Crapstory (History),

Crapish (English),

Recrapigion.

Admittedly some of those are poor.... But what are you gonna do?

Oh, ecraponics on tomorrow too.

Lol, agricrapical studies. Does anyone from outside the institute study that piece of bollocks?

Sorry again everyone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Col Man wrote: »
    Nail that crapical studies exam folks!

That's right Chris, every exam you do is crap.

Technical Crapics,

Crapical studies,

Crapics (Physics)

Mathecrapics,

Crapch (French...),

Crapstory (History),

Crapish (English),

Recrapigion.

Admittedly some of those are poor.... But what are you gonna do?

Oh, ecraponics on tomorrow too.

Lol, agricrapical studies. Does anyone from outside the institute study that piece of bollocks?

Sorry again everyone....

You forgot Applied Craps, Crapistry and also German, which is crap enough as it is.

Advertisement