Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Enda's Community School

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

NCW feen wrote: »
    Was thinking of sending my child to this school ? What's it like? (discipline etc)
    hi i went to this school when i was 15 and im now 33. the school principal then wasn't the best to put it lightly. i was not much of a mixer in those days but i had some friends. there was a group who did stuff out the back like sniffing typix (the white stuff used to correct pen mistakes) i was asked to try it and i said no walked a way and because i refused to destroy my brain i was treated badly.

i reported it to a couple of teachers but nothing ever came of it, i didn't tell them about the lads sniffing just that they were constantly beating on me but unfortunately it would seem that they thought id ratted them out for using drugs.

i was subsequently brought to the office and asked to explain why i have acraped several cars with a sharp rock. (I did not do this i was set up) but even though i was asked to write out in several pages what i think happened i was still blamed and told i was suspended form the school forever.

to make matters worst a few years later i returned to the school to find out if i could some how get in to nursing and what i would have to do to do this. this is my answer of which i got.

heaney leave this building you will not and never will be a nurse as you are a waste of space.

the school system has several grads of classes where the more clever students are and the now so clever students are well i was in the class with the less off students are and i guess they didnt think very highly of people like me.

mate go to some other school like sextons perhaps but not endas. this is a real life story and there is a lot more to it but i wont bore you.

best of luck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd hope the kind of things that happened to you 18 years ago would not still be happening today. There'd surely be a whole new staff team now. Something that happened in the mid 1990s should be no influence on a parent's decision in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Sorry that happened to you tony, I was there around the same time as you, but would have been in the higher level classes and didnt have any big problems like that. I wouldnt let one persons experience, positive or negative, totally sway a persons opinion on a school.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Who was the principal at the time? Jippo or POB? Think Chuck was finished that time.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Who was the principal at the time? Jippo or POB? Think Chuck was finished that time.

mid 90s? Would have been chuck for all years except last year when wallace took over. Jippo still running around gym then id say :)

• Advertisement

Oh I forgot about Martin Wallace. I owe him a few thumps in the arm :D

YFlyer wrote: »
    Oh I forgot about Martin Wallace. I owe him a few thumps in the arm :D

I seem to remember he was into boxing :)

Usually young fellows that were smaller than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I'd hope the kind of things that happened to you 18 years ago would not still be happening today. There'd surely be a whole new staff team now. Something that happened in the mid 1990s should be no influence on a parent's decision in 2011.
    believe it or not i though the first part of being suspended was life altering but the second time i went to that god forsaken place was even worst. i was genuinely looking for some help and advice to become a nurse and i was knocked down and insulted. mi had a some what of low self esteem issues going on i managed to over come that only to have this happen i went wandering through my life going no where for a good few years before i left for the UK and returned now i have finished a level 5 FETAC in nursing.

i was wrongly accused and id love to be able to get back the years i lost over that c unt

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm going to lock this thread now, for several reasons.
    First of all, it should have been locked 3 weeks ago when it was bumped 15 months after the previous post.
    Secondly, some of the claims being made here would be very difficult to prove either way, and could lead to some complicated legal questions.
    Third, the OP was looking for up to date advice about the school, and not memories from another decade.

To avoid any further hassle, thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement