Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limericks Dumbest Candidate?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 billthequid

ladowack wrote: »
    Ya I hear they love fair play allright, so much so that they allways pay all there tax ...........oh wait a minute the judge did'nt say that did he?.

Also i hear they like to sell appts in dooradoyle to the HSE so that they can house our more colorfull limerick families. Ya Vote Collins they look after you.

It was FG Cllr Richie Bulter who sold his apartment block to Limerick City Council for social housing for €1m. (After the local residents objected and prevented him selling to Limerick County Council).

The HSE doesn't buy property. Gives rent allowance instead.

Collins never had any apartments / housing out there only the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

I was a bit disgusted by the picture of some previously unknown, unheard of and presumably disinclined candidate who in the last weeks of the election campaign decided to march a group of what was described as "Congalese Nationals" around the Streets while he idly pointed at posters for them to remove...... WTF.......? God know what concessions these poor people may have been offered in return for their participation in this sorry saga.

This "unknown" guy is behind a lot of work for this city previously, he runs a lot of events at Riverfest usually. He was involved in setting up a multi-cultural society in limerick which has helped people new to the city a lot. I did some work for him a few years back at Riverfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

seachto7 wrote: »
    anyone read the blurb for Richie Smith Independent in the Limk Post. Is it a windup??

He went to vote today @ about 9.15am, and parked his car - complete with his name and mug-shot photo as the paint-job - directly outside the polling booth.

Was half tempted to report it as they're not supposed to advertise within 500 yards.

I know the guy probably had to drive there to vote, but can't help thinking it was a deliberate act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Only one candidate has made any real attempt or actually had anything to say on local issues here in my ward. He's a FF which i didnt think id be voting for, but i want this guy to represent me - James Collins (of Collins bar) .

One of his canvassers turned his back on me and walked away while I was in mid-sentence after I agreed to listen to (and had listened to enough) of his pitch....

And my mum reckons the same guy left as soon as she started pointing out issues to him.

Not sure where "listening to people on the door" comes into that equation.

Advertisement