Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice places to visit in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ottostreet wrote: »
    tell me more?

you really are obsessed..

and yet you still don't consider it weird.

This time of year when the sun might shine and the Rhodendrums are in Bloom. Connemara is the most beautiful place in the world.

Diamond hill is well worth a climb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

seanybiker wrote: »
    Fook ya. Got there before me.

[pat mustard]you have to get up very early in the morning to catch me father[/pat mustard]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Donegal, hands down... great atmosphere, friendly people, late bars, great scenery, easy going, cheap rates for accommadation (generally), great fishing, the best golf courses at reasonable rates... you'll want to stay,
    and no, I dont work for NW tourism :) Its also very handy to pop over and back into the north..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The north east Antrim coast drive, from Larne around the top corner (do the Torr head detour) right around to Portrush is a fantastic drive.
    Try the motorcycle photo rally. It's a list of 24 or 25 things you drive around and take a photo beside if you have a bike, but their always off the beaten track and interesting. This years list is here: http://www.irishphotorally.com/forms/photo-rally-2009.pdf
    Obviously you can't enter the competition, but some nice drives to go on. More info on it here and you can download the locations to your GPS here.
    You can search for previous years one too if you want nearby locations

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 weetobs

just back from antrim and had a brilliant time...went to see the giants causeway and carrick a ree rope bridge.stayed an bushmills and your really close to all these things including the distillery....oldest licenced whiskeydistillery in the world!if ya like scenic things definitely go here i loved it!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

weetobs wrote: »
    just back from antrim and had a brilliant time...went to see the giants causeway and carrick a ree rope bridge.stayed an bushmills and your really close to all these things including the distillery....oldest licenced whiskeydistillery in the world!if ya like scenic things definitely go here i loved it!:rolleyes:

I detect by your eyes to heaven symbol that you may have been 'overwhelmed' by the colourful display that is put on each year at this time in Bushmills... I for one, would not stay over there for the night... although I have a friend from Donegal that lived there for a year. So its not for me to judge how it would be for a Southerner to spend time there... having said that, the North Antrim coast is a must see, Ballycastle is a great town on high season, as is Portrush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 weetobs

it was a bit overwhelming!but ive always wanted to see the giants causeway so that was only a small notch in my holiday!did go out for a few drinks too but everyone was really nice and the lady that runs the b+b was a sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

weetobs wrote: »

I did that last year, i was astounded how beautiful the coastline is there, well worth a visit .:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

DazMarz wrote: »
    Lisdoonvarna and around the Burren in Co. Clare is gorgeous. ''The Roadside Tavern'' in Lisdoon is an excellent pub. Be sure to try the 'Declan Hunter' toasted sandwich!

Don't go near it in September though, trust a local. And Doolin has better pubs, that's where all the cool kids go :P but yes the Roadside is a wonderful place, people who own it and the smokehouse (I think they still own in anyway) are lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

misread that thought it was Nine places.....................
    keeping that list to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Connemara is stunning. Aran Islands worth a gander too, if it's sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

Big fan of aimless driving , moved to leitrim last year and love just turning off the main road and in between carrick around carrick on shannon , lovely old estate houses , beauttiful views of the shannon, fantastic lakes but most off all the lack of people, and only an hour and three quarters from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Clonakilty. West cork in general.
    Stunning place to be.
    De Barras has to be the best music pub in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Roscommon, but it won't be on your Sat nav...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Clarnayyy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Limerick is always good for the brave.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

Garnish Island in West Cork, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, has turquoise coloured sea and all, and on the boat trip out there are lots of seals to see. Defo worth a visit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garnish_Island

Sally Gap (snigger) is nice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

You can't go wrong with Kerry tbh. Kilarney and Dingle penninsula particularly.

Just don't stay in Tralee too long.

I discovered a little town called Kilkee in Co. Clare on my way to the cliffs of Moher a few months ago. I guess you could call it a cove of sorts, the town sort of wraps around this little bay, with a natural break water at the mouth. I liked it alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Definitely definitely go to Achill Island, was there a few weeks ago, so beautiful, go off up to Keem Beach for a while, it's absolutely gorgeous, and the deserted village is fascinating, such a gorgeous island!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Shamrock Rovers new ground !do the tour see the trophy room !!

If you dont fancy driving hop on the Beirut Express the 220, it runs through Ballymun,Finglas,Mullhuddart,Coolmine and Hartstown !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Kerry all the way :) I had never been until about two years ago and I FINALLY got why all the tourists used to go on about how beautiful Ireland is.

Just drive all around Kerry! Absolutely stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Kerry gets my vote every time. Derrynane beach on a sunny day - sheer heaven :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'd say West Cork.
    Tons of tourists go there!

Barleycove beach is lovely! Amazing waves :D

Advertisement