Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice places to visit in Ireland?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So, I've been living in Ireland for a long time now, but I really haven't seen much of it.

Mainly it was because I'm a terrible navigator and I can't read a map to save my life and whenever I got lost, I'd get pissed, road raged, threw tantrums, tried to read a map, got even more pissed, ripped up the map, filled up the gas tank and drove around until I finally somehow found my home. So in the end, I'd be pissed and didn't want to go again.

But now, I bought a GPS........And God/Budda/Allah/Science bless the people who invented the GPS, man, what a relief, I don't know why the F I didn't buy it before... well actually I know, I wasn't sure about it, until I saw one in my friend's car.

So anyways, I don't get pissed anymore and I'd like to see some nice places around Dublin and whole Ireland even.

I was to Enniskerry recently, visited the Powerscourt House & Garden, it was great... I'd like to see more nice places.

Can you suggest any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Getting lost is half the fun

also Ireland is really boring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Stayed in a nice place last year called Gorey, County Wexford.. nice little town, beach, big hills with great views.

And, more importantly, an internet cafe that did the nicest scones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Connemara is fecking lovely.

It really depends on what you're into though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

In terms of nature walks etc..
    Glendalough
    Donegal has a few nice places.
    oh and don't forget Tallagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Just about anywhere on the North, West or South coasts. Don't like the midlands, except for Tipperary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Galway is a cool city.
    Wicklow is pretty, you could go to Glendelough.
    Clair is a nice place too, there's the Burren and the Cliffs of Mohr. Also the surf town of Lahinch is located there, if you're into surfing.
    Donegal is pretty too and excellent for surfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dublin airport

dublin airport
    Great place for an eastern-european safari

• Registered Users Posts: 82,026 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kerry is pretty wild looking actually.

brummytom wrote: »
    Great place for an eastern-european safari

there's parnell street for that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

the coast in the couth west is lovely when it warm, same for the cost in the couth east and the south proper... actually, the coast in general is nice...

Seaneh wrote: »
    the coast in the couth west is lovely when it warm, same for the cost in the couth east and the south proper... actually, the coast in general is nice...
    Bite your tongue?

there's parnell street for that

Or Temple bar... who's ever heard of a Mexican Restuarant in Dublin run by a Polish family? just seemed odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Lisdoonvarna and around the Burren in Co. Clare is gorgeous. ''The Roadside Tavern'' in Lisdoon is an excellent pub. Be sure to try the 'Declan Hunter' toasted sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Achill Island, Antrim Coast, Cork and Kerry. Start there and ask us again in 10 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

ballymun, finglas, tallagh....toull have a blast

DazMarz wrote: »
    Lisdoonvarna and around the Burren in Co. Clare is gorgeous. ''The Roadside Tavern'' in Lisdoon is an excellent pub. Be sure to try the 'Declan Hunter' toasted sandwich!
    Go for a hike in the hills East of there and the Ailwee caves - view of the bay from up there is unbelievable. Took some photos once upon a time but they do it no justice.

marko91 wrote: »

Temple bar on a friday night...

marko91 wrote: »

where's tallagh? is it anywhere near dolphins barn:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Overheal wrote: »
    Bite your tongue?

I did actually... how teh fook did it transfer :P typos here, typos there, typos, typos everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Try Lisdoonvarna, Some aul fella will try matchmake you with some Japanese tourist!:pac:

where's tallagh? is it anywhere near dolphins barn:pac:

Its where the red luas line ends...
    And its called the "red line" for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fear na gCrub

Dingle Peninsula, Co. Kerry. A place to get lost in if you get out and about. Don't go (to Dingle town especially) on a bank holiday in the summer if you can avoid it. Other than that a super place.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Newgrange in the boyne valley in meath is worth a trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 xcrieve

Wicklow, Aran Islands & Connemara to Leenane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My gaff's great, stall it. :pac:

Really though, just get a few mates and drive around the west coast for a while, good buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 xcrieve

Newgrange in the boyne valley in meath is worth a trip.
    It is, but get there reaaaallly early

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Reoil wrote: »
    Achill Island, Antrim Coast, Cork and Kerry. Start there and ask us again in 10 years...

good choice, you missed donegal though, loads of stuff to see there

the road between portrush and ballycastle in north antrim has great beaches, an ancient castle on a cliff, a rope bridge high above the sea, the oldest whiskey distillery in the world and something called the giants causeway which nobody has ever heard of.....

connemara is really nice, irelands only fjord in Leenane is worth the drive, careful the flies don't eat you alive in summer though :(

there is a ton of things to see and do in this country if you look, something as simple as a cruise on the river shannon while spending saturday night soaking up carrick on shannon rather good and free nightlife to doing the entire ring of kerry during rose of tralee week, nobody is that insane though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Try Lisdoonvarna, Some aul fella will try matchmake you with some Japanese tourist!:pac:

tell me more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dublin airport

Fook ya. Got there before me.

Advertisement