Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.HobbyAirsoft.ie (dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

ricka wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed it but it was a pity we had to limit guys to a walk through and one go only.
    When we'd spare time on both days, a few of the lads were going again and again and each time finding some way of shaving another bit of time off.

By Saturday evening boards own Thermo had managed a time of just over 11 seconds(very impressive) Robbie somewhere slightly over that.

I honestly thought that was as good as we're gonna get till at 4.30 in strolls Goodlad(another boards user) says he'll have a go.

Thankfully for everyone else he messed up on his first go but on his second, did it in 11 seconds.We had to give him one more go......... he did it in 9.6 seconds.Honestly he was incredible!!
    To put it in prospective most guys we knew who were decent shooters and regular gamers were averaging over 20 seconds

Anyway the winning time was respectable and we'll announce his name in the morning....

and i was happy with my 22 :p for a non pistol user though, not too bad, was also surprised at how nice tht pt 24/7 was, didn't think I'd like it at all but it's actually a nice little pistol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

God damn messing up my first shot! (pardon the pun) :p

I dont even own a pistol, i should invest in one.
    Twas great craic, it was pretty funny seeing robbies face when i literally walked the 11 second time one shotting every target :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

T4RGET wrote: »
    and i was happy with my 22 :p for a non pistol user though, not too bad, was also surprised at how nice tht pt 24/7 was, didn't think I'd like it at all but it's actually a nice little pistol :)
    A great pistol Target, reliable and comfortable to hold
    goodlad wrote: »
    God damn messing up my first shot! (pardon the pun) :p

I dont even own a pistol, i should invest in one.
    Twas great craic, it was pretty funny seeing robbies face when i literally walked the 11 second time one shotting every target :D
    Agreed but there was a lot of time saving elements you brought into it that others just didn't see.I might actually do a talk through of the video to show how you did that time and how Thermo and Robbie did theirs.

[/QUOTE]

I realise this is of no interest to anyone other than people who used the range in the last two days but what the hell its our thread!

You didn't have to be static at the start point.
    Goodlad started behind the line and hit the GO sign while moving

Next he hit target one as soon as he hit the GO sign.Most people moved foward before doing so, stopping and then moving again.

At target 2 there was no real time save nor target 3 but when bending down to hit Target 4 through the boxes the guys swiveled and hit target 5 while rising.
    Again most people got up went foward and then shot Target 5 which lost valuable time.

At Target 6 it was hit while beginning to bend down and then swivel to get an angle on Target 7.
    Again most hit Target 6 and then bent down to hit Target 7.

At Target 8 the guys hit it while still moving and could then turn to hit STOP without any second movement.........hence 9.6 seconds but even knowing all that I could only do 13.4

Overall the key was finding the best angles to shoot as many targets as possible from one point or on the move, forgeting about the markers on the floor.Most incorrectly moved as close as they could to each target (right up to the floor markers) before shooting which lost lots of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭robust

I must say I enjoyed that target shooting, simple an all as it was. Imagine if it was in a proper setting and maybe moving targets. Excellent.
    Maybe I could try it with the aul M249 :D. Full auto all the way..?
    Thanks again guys..

• Advertisement

robust wrote: »
    I must say I enjoyed that target shooting, simple an all as it was. Imagine if it was in a proper setting and maybe moving targets. Excellent.
    Maybe I could try it with the aul M249 :D. Full auto all the way..?
    Thanks again guys..
    Glad you enjoyed it and yes we'll definately get something sorted in the future
    249, hmmmm!

And the winner of our weekend shooting competition was.............

Gerald O' Brien
    in a time of 15.513 seconds

Congratulations Gerald, your prize awaits!

1F27403B29214E0E96EDAF7B51D95CE4-0000335169-0002905906-00680L-26D273F798D14604A0C350C9E3A5C5B1.jpg

Well done dude! :)

Head wrecked that i missed one target on my first attempt and the 12 seconds didnt count :(

I think we can all agree that no matter who won, the main thing is that it wasnt Thermo :P

Well done dude! :)

Head wrecked that i missed one target on my first attempt and the 12 seconds didnt count :(

I think we can all agree that no matter who won, the main thing is that it wasnt Thermo :P
    Wow, that's BAN talk Gary:) and yes you were unfortunate but hey thats the game
    I hope to have another pretty soon so get practicing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

congratz Gerald :)
    would definitely do this again, good fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Cheers. Should be up tomorrow to collect it.

Hareton wrote: »

Confused, are you the winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

lol, i much prefere the gemtech oasis i got saturday. the gold gun is to OTT.
    Wow, that's BAN talk Gary:)

ahh, im not that bad....................... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Hareton wrote: »

Confused, are you the winner?

Yea I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Hey lads, any plans to stock the G&G P90 when it comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Hey lads, any plans to stock the G&G P90 when it comes out?

If we're to be perfectly honest, since we already stock the CA and KA P90's, and given G&G's recent, and rather alarming, slip in quality, we wouldn't be in any hurry. As most of you will know, we stock a wide range of G&G gear, and have done so for a long time, but there are growing concerns about the company and the decisions they are making:

- BB's: Who can forget about their BB's? They were the best on the market, and then they outsourced to the lowest bidder, and King Arms took over their old factory.
    - Gearboxes: They have changed the screws in the gearbox to a lower quality metal, and have also changed the sector gear to a lower quality metal.
    - Plastic: They have stopped using the Taiwanese fibre reinforced plastic, and are now using Chinese plastic and the difference is obvious to any familiar with the raiders; the new plastic grips the fire selector, and either fires full auto in semi, or keeps firing with finger off of the trigger

Don't get me wrong, the raider is still a good gun and we've got an order of them arriving shortly - but it does make you question the validity of their golden reputation when you notice things like that, especially when you combine the above cost-cutting measures with a 30% price hike...not good, not good at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Thanks for the honest and informative answer. Will have a look at the CA next time I'm passing through Rathcoole.

Hey Lads,

Just wondering if you could give me a price on this?

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=2970
    [/QUOTE
    ]

Lol, that really would suit you mate!
    I'll get back to you

Any luck with a price for this?

I just noticed it says ammo capacity is 22.. can it take the normal 30 round shells?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Howdy,

What range of SCARS (TAN) do you have or can you get.

Is it a case you can order anything?

Cheers,
    Dan.

Howdy,

Cheers,
    Dan.

• Advertisement

Any luck with a price for this?

I just noticed it says ammo capacity is 22.. can it take the normal 30 round shells?

The above shotgun would set you back circa €175, and takes the CA870 magazines, both long type and short type - but doesn't take the shells, as it's a different system and is only single shot

TheDoc wrote: »
    Howdy,

Cheers,
    Dan.

We have the G&G SCAR-L CQC currently in stock in Tan. We may be expanding our range of SCAR's shortly, however I'm gonna stay quiet on that one until we get it confirmed...let's just say we're excited! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭mps oshea

hey guys. will be in 2moro to pick up my ak tactical. sorry about the delay. not down that way much but i will be 2moro :)

Inari wrote: »
    We have the G&G SCAR-L CQC currently in stock in Tan. We may be expanding our range of SCAR's shortly, however I'm gonna stay quiet on that one until we get it confirmed...let's just say we're excited! :D

Excellent,

I'm also looking to pick up a JBU tightbore barell on recommendation and a Magpul OD foregrip (MVG model that attaches to MOE handguard), Magpul rear sight and might randomly pickup some 1911 co2 mags and maybe a new pistol :)

If any of the above are knocking about let me know and I'll try pop out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BigGunner

Hey kev

Just incase my pm didn't go through.

Would you send down 3 mags. You should have my details on sys.

Thanks

Alan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Excellent,

I'm also looking to pick up a JBU tightbore barell on recommendation and a Magpul OD foregrip (MVG model that attaches to MOE handguard), Magpul rear sight and might randomly pickup some 1911 co2 mags and maybe a new pistol :)

If any of the above are knocking about let me know and I'll try pop out next week
    MVG's are in stock, but in Black and DE :( MBUS sights are coming in very soon, as are the 1911 Co2 magazines (should be 2nd week in July) :)

New pistols? We have tonnes in stock, so definitely worth the trek!
    BigGunner wrote: »
    Hey kev

Just incase my pm didn't go through.

Would you send down 3 mags. You should have my details on sys.

Thanks

Alan

Just checked there and we don't have your details on the system, could you send them via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Hey, Would you be able to get a price for me for a Tanio-Koba Twist Inner Barrel 300mm,
    Thanks.
    I'll get Inari to come back to you

Hey, Any info on the price of the TK Barrel?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BigGunner

Hi Kev

PM sent

Hey, Any info on the price of the TK Barrel?

Still working on it. Thus far I've not been able to find it in stock with any of our suppliers, so I'm looking a little further afield. Just takes time to get quoted trade prices, MOQ (minimum order quantities) etc.

Sorry for the delay on this!

• Advertisement

@Doc: KJW Co2 1911A1 Magazines just landed!

Advertisement