Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIMP MY SOCIETY 09/10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Skapoot wrote: »
    Sooo...

What day is clubs and socs sign up day?? How have some people signed up already..

I must have missed something..:cool:

as far as i no its wednesday 23rd of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

as far as i no its wednesday 23rd of this month

23rd is the societies day
    24th is the clubs day

you can sing up to some during your orientation, depending on who's there...

Mario007 wrote: »
    23rd is the societies day
    24th is the clubs day

you can sing up to some during your orientation, depending on who's there...

ah cool..ya seems to be soc related to your course that are there from what ive heard with random others there too

ah cool..ya seems to be soc related to your course that are there from what ive heard with random others there too

ya that right, or just the soc that think you'll be important enough for them to turn up and give out free stuff priory to you:D

ya that right, or just the soc that think you'll be important enough for them to turn up and give out free stuff priory to you:D

ha hell ya cant wait for the free stuff:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Quoted for truth.

Guys, can we keep the off-topic banter to the, well, off topic thread, please?

+ 1

Also, there will be a piss-up on the night of Socs day for all the societies and their members, not sure where but I'm sure twil be good craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

UCC DJ soc is where its at...

learning about music, DJing, then twice a week we have gigs in pretty much our own venue!

oh ya we also give members gigs so money to be made aswell!

DJs also get the chics:p

UCC DJ soc is where its at...

learning about music, DJing, then twice a week we have gigs in pretty much our own venue!

oh ya we also give members gigs so money to be made aswell!

DJs also get the chics:p

just for the last line i think i might DJing a shot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

just for the last line i think i might DJing a shot:D
    ha! good man! well we will be all over campus and other places during freshers week! I personally am DJing at the beach party for freshers fest, cubins monday night and we are having our DJ soc freshers party the tuesday night in the maradyke if you wanna come along and meet the crew!

we will be organising loads of events through out the year and tho the society has been very quiet in recent years we are coming back with a bang!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

Join the Juggling Club,
    great way to relax and relieve stress after a hard days study,
    Also juggling is found to link left and right hand side of the brain, it will help your creative side!

http://www.juggling.org/jw/86/1/health.html

Il post up practise times when we are rolling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 KarlMarx

Is there a debating society? Is it any good?

KarlMarx wrote: »
    Is there a debating society? Is it any good?

There is a Philosoph Soc which are pretty much the debating soc. They have a mad rivalry with Law Soc tho, which try to do the same thing.. There has been blood shed ;)

There is a Philosoph Soc which are pretty much the debating soc. They have a mad rivalry with Law Soc tho, which try to do the same thing.. There has been blood shed ;)

Intresting! And so the million dollar question...who's better? :P

Intresting! And so the million dollar question...who's better? :P

TBH i have no idea! Which I could help better but I didn't really attend their events. Law Soc have a rep of being dickheads but so does Philosoph so I dunno!
    Better go up on Soc day and check for urself :)

TBH i have no idea! Which I could help better but I didn't really attend their events. Law Soc have a rep of being dickheads but so does Philosoph so I dunno!
    Better go up on Soc day and check for urself :)

brilliant as a laws student thus i automatically get my rival for the college and i'm officially allowed to be a dickhead! i knew that law was the best course for me:D

well looks like its the philosoph soc for me cant beat beong a dickhead every now nd then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Join the Juggling Club,
    great way to relax and relieve stress after a hard days study,
    Also juggling is found to link left and right hand side of the brain, it will help your creative side!

http://www.juggling.org/jw/86/1/health.html

Il post up practise times when we are rolling

Where can i sign up?:pac:

well looks like its the philosoph soc for me cant beat beong a dickhead every now nd then

oh so you're going to be rival, then? well done sir! next four years will be interesting to say the least:cool:

well no law society for me because I'm not a law student. can I ask why the Philosoph Society are/have a reputation for being dickheads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

brilliant as a laws student thus i automatically get my rival for the college and i'm officially allowed to be a dickhead! i knew that law was the best course for me:D

Im not a dickhead and i joined the law society....:(

and bloodshed....:eek:

• Advertisement

shezer wrote: »
    Im not a dickhead and i joined the law society....:(

and bloodshed....:eek:

haha you seem surprised:D this is college...anything goes;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

haha you seem surprised:D this is college...anything goes;)

jujutsu is a must so for these two societies

Just wanna ask again, why are the Philosoph Soceity seen as/ actually are dickheads? I was told by someone to join so I want to know before I make a mistake!

Just wanna ask again, why are the Philosoph Soceity seen as/ actually are dickheads? I was told by someone to join so I want to know before I make a mistake!

Sorry that's just an off-hand comment I've heard off people bout the society and I wouldn't take it as true tbh! :o Just go along to the first meeting and you can judge for yourself sure:)

Ah right! do you know anybody involved in it?

Ah right! do you know anybody involved in it?

Em no unfortunately, just friends of friends of friends. They'l prob be around on Freshers Fest tho and I'm guessing they're friendly to talk to. They also have a fair few events in the first couple of weeks and they're usually entertaining.

oh so you're going to be rival, then? well done sir! next four years will be interesting to say the least:cool:

indeed...some fisticuffs shall occur:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

i went to the philosoph last yr, can totally see where this whole "their dickheads" comes from, their very up themselves with regards the way in which the whole thing is run

huh? how was it run to make them seem like that? what were they talking about like?

• Advertisement

shezer wrote: »
    jujutsu is a must so for these two societies

damn right...the more martial arts the better:D
    indeed...some fisticuffs shall occur:pac:

and of course they have to happen either in the quad or in the group study rooms in the library:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement