Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How should I propose to my boyfriend?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

who the hell thinks about getting married at 23? wayyyyyy too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

You could like tell him you became really christian and won't have sex before marriage...

That could work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 pieye

What ever happened to dropping hint's?... or the where is this relationship going 'conversation'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I found this thread very comforting. In my home town, it's 100% normal to get married at 23. I'm one of the only girls from my class who's still single. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

If you're from Athlone and are not a hippo, that could be the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

If marriage hasn't been talked about before in the relationship then don't do it. Unless he has expressed keen interest in marriage then there is a high chance he will say no.

There is a reason why it is traditionally men that propose......it is because they are complete and utter scaredy cats of commitment. One wrong movement and you can scare them off forever
    No, it's because it's more acceptable to reject a man than to reject a woman. And you'd be a 'complete and utter scaredy cat of commitment' if you lacked a biological clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    I found this thread very comforting. In my home town, it's 100% normal to get married at 23. I'm one of the only girls from my class who's still single. :eek:
    Then your town is severely fcuked up:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

IzzyWizzy wrote: »

Sounds suspiciously like my town...however to be really cool you need to be married with at least 2 kids by 25, I'm 24 now (can barely look after myself never mind a man and kids) and my mom has genuinely told me I'm pushing on a bit :(

OP, how about the classic line my friends Dad used proposing to her Mum...

"Do you want to be buried with my people?" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lickarse1

I would suggest that you propose to your Boyfriend badly,
    you may save yourself the biggest mistake of your life:D

Just Kidding..... take him on hols and pop the question

Advertisement