Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCD tendancies

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Have a couple of quirks, the main one being anytime I'm throwing a piece of paper in the bin I've to tear it 1st so nothing major.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

deco05ie wrote: »
    If my left left side touched something cold like a window id feel weird until I touched it with my right side.

I'm like that except it doesn't have to be cold, and I have to twitch or wriggle my right toe/foot/leg/knee/arm/finger/whatever in a perfect circle until it's "ok" again, which can take a while
    Sigh :rolleyes:
    Thankfully most people don't notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

If my left left side touched something cold like a window id feel weird until I touched it with my right side.

I'm a bit like that myself, more so if one of my hands is wet. I can't bear one damp hand and one dry one.
    I can't sleep if there's a bit of something sticking out of the wardrobe or one of the drawers, or if the sliding doors aren't closed properly. I could endure it if both doors on each end are open the same amount.:o
    I think to some degree most people can have small levels of ocd type symptoms at some stage in their lives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I actually know someone with OCD who does this, he says its to do with balance...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

If my left side touched something cold like a window id feel weird until I touched it with my right side.

+1

I also have to tap my fingers an amount of times equal to my age, in the same pattern every time.
    Started when I was 4!
    For example, when I was 14, I would tap all my fingers 3 times except thumb. And it had to be that way.
    Doors also have to be closed all the way, can't sit still if it's slightly open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ash_M wrote: »
    +1

I also have to tap my fingers an amount of times equal to my age, in the same pattern every time.
    Started when I was 4!
    For example, when I was 14, I would tap all my fingers 3 times except thumb. And it had to be that way.
    Doors also have to be closed all the way, can't sit still if it's slightly open.

But if you tapped each finger three times... that would only make twelve... and not equal to your age... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

My bad, I meant I only tapped the thumb twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Im constantly checking the doors are locked and plugs are switched off - its a real pain in the a*s

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

I've quite a few quirks but the only time they do kinda bother me is in a bookshop. Hate when things are not straight and in bookshops the piles of books on the tables are always crooked and i have to straighten every pile as i walk around the shop.
    Also if i feel i haven't pressed a button on the remote or phone down properly\fully then I'll have to press it again. And again if it doesnt feel right.
    And i can't stand wet things. If someone is sucking a pen or something and puts it down i really need to wipe it dry. Not always possible. And if i can't do it then i have a real uneasy, sicky feeling in my stomach. In fact i feel it now even just thinking about it!:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ive gotten sooo bad with remembering if the iron is plugged out i now literally say out loud "IRON IS OUT"..otherwise im freaked halfway down the M50 worrying if im goin to come back to my apartment still intact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My doormat has to be level with the door threshold. I work in a library, it helps if you have quirks about tidyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Music should be played loud like if i have queen on in the car its getting cranked up to the last and generally my music is played full blast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The fasterns of the quilt have to be at my feet.

What are these tv's with numbers?

I've only ever seen:

Quiet |||||||||||||||||||||||||| Loud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

When having a fry for breakfast, sausages and rashers must be consumed in uneven numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Even numbers good, odd numbers bad. I hate this year. Wish it was 2008 or 2010.

If a press or drawer is open damn it it must be closed. Same goes for a plug in the wall which isnt powering something at the time.

Checking the door is locked a few times before satisfaction.

Will lie on my left side in bed but never on my right side because i don't like to face the wall when i sleep.

I like things to be symmetric.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Keep thinking of more(",)
    If i'm eating a packet of peanuts i have to eat all the half ones first leaving all the whole ones till the end!

Wardrobe doors must be closed at night.

When i'm writing it freaks me out if i haven't finished a letter. For example if i'm writing an 'a' there can't be any gaps if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I have to have the tv on while I sleep. Always at volume twelve. With a sleep timer at 60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    1. Have to check the door repeatedly after I leave the house.
    2. Usually like to keep things symetrical and don't like odd numbers of things.
    3. Have a defined place for everything I own.
    4. All walls, shelves etc in my place have to be white.

Loads more. I consider it all normal but others think it's a bit weird.

That's me right there, the same with even/odd numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Thread reported. Posters are posting out of alphabetical order.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

OK quirks.

Besides the telly/radio thing, I like to have all the light switches facing the same direction as well if possible.

Well thats why your esb is so high, cos when you have one light on you would have to put them all on, right?:confused:
    You should use candles, then you can relax for the evening and not have to watch in case someone else switches a light on.
    Assuming of course this is what you do:)

My OCD is washing my hands, I have to wash them ALOT:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement