Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirting boards and new wooden flooring

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Hey guys,

Just returning to this. I've noticed in a couple of places the floor seems to dip when I walk on it. You can hear a whoosh of air as well. Is this normal for a semi solid floor in the way that it's laid? Or is is a sympton of any issues?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi op,could be a slight(or large) bump or concave piece in the concrete slab.Did your installer pour a levelling compound first?

Even a slight bump can affect a floating floor quite badly.....

The wood colour looks good against the light walls:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If it's left the way it is, are there any long term implications?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

If there's just a slight void somewhere it shouldn't be an issue,for me it would be more annoying than anything.

The weight of your furniture/cabinets/etc might sort it out for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

cork1 wrote: »
    id agree with gaway rush about the moulding ive seen it done in a georgean house and looked very well. what your thinking is your average 3/4" beading that look like rubbish. get a wooden strip 3/4" thick and make it about 3" high off the floor. tack it on to the skirting and it will look like part of the skirting. i reckon its the best way out.

would you have any images of that finish?

• Advertisement
Advertisement