Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA related seminar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Marcus-waterford-mma-179x300.jpg

He is doing 3 seminars this week in Ireland. He is at Waterford MMA today (11th.) he is in Belfast on the 12th. And back in Waterford MMA on the 13th.

He's in Rush too, sold out though so no advertising..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

cowzerp wrote: »
    He's in Rush too, sold out though so no advertising..

Nice one, when is he down with you guys Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone got info on the Belfast one?

Bit late now though, plus I'm skint, sick and injured. :D

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Anyone got info on the Belfast one?

Bit late now though, plus I'm skint, sick and injured. :D

I think it's tomorrow. Paul McLoughlin (ISKF)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fightscientist

From BJ Penn dot com. Don't miss this coming weekend. July 23 and 24

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/ian-harris-hosts-mma-seminar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 listen to me now

• Registered Users Posts: 31 listen to me now

cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fightscientist

Thanks to everyone who showed up to the seminars! We had 2 packed days in Kildare at Husarria Fight Team that were really great. About 25 guys. Then we had a great Monday night in Galway at PBS. Thanks to Mariusz and Piotr at HFT and Tim at PBS for everything. I hope to be back to Ireland again soon. Also thanks to John at Cage Contender for having me and my family out. Great event. Truly well done, good fights and good show. Ian Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cstlgr

K1 and mma legend Remiigijus Morkevicius Seminar
    @ Castlegar Muay Thai Gym Galway 2pm Sat Dec 10
    30 euro pre booking only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0uNqk-LX3cg

Contact 087 6675768 for details
    don@muaythaigalway.com
    www.muaythaigalway.com

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arte suave

BJJ blackbelt Jake Mackenzie will be coming to Fight Sports Clare on Tue 31st of Jan and Thurs 2nd of Feb @7:30pm to give 2 seminars on his specialty the deep half guard. Price is €40 for 1 seminar or €60 for both. Contact John on 086 0731109 to book a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

The first in a series of Combat Master Classes will take place in Belfast on 7th April 2012. The plan will be to hold 3 of these events per year featuring different world class coaches.

CMC1 will feature Jeff "The Snowman" Monson, BJJ Black Belt (2nd degree) John Kavanagh and current WBA Super Middleweight Champion Brian Magee.

Format

Morning:

BJJ session with John Kavanagh

Jeff Monson session 1

Afternoon:

Jeff Monson session 2

Boxing session with Brian Magee

Half Day - £45

Full Day - £60

Space will be very limited so pm me for bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 burnwithkearns

Hello Mates,
    My apologizes for the delay in finding this forum late. I will be traveling across the pond on April 23 rd till May 1st. We have 6 venues booked starting in Cambridge on April 25 th, Wales April 27th , Belfast April 28 and April 29th, and 2 seminars in Galway City on April 29 th. We have partnered up with Fighters Only magazine and Train Hard Fight Easy mag. We are quickly running out of space and I will probably closing all courses in 2 weeks and adding a wait list going forward. Here 's a link to register for the course
    http://www.burnwithkearns.net/Personal-Trainer-Certification.htm

http://youtu.be/KZkViwM1dDw

Look for our ad in Fighters's Only and Train Hard Fight Easy!
    Hope to se you there. Best Coach Kevin Kearns
    www.burnwithkearns.com
    kevin@burnwithkearns.com
    001-508-541-3281
    FaceBook Kevin Kearns
    FaceBook BurnWithKearns

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RoyBillington

Hey guys i'm in the process of organising a seminar with Kenny Johnson http://boltwrestling.com/bio . Just wondering if many would be wanting to attend? Kenny has coached the likes of B.J Penn Jose Aldo Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RNO

KRAKEN
    The Fightwear Company
    in association with IKUSA (www.ikusa.fr)
    presents
    KRAKEN SUMMER CAMP 1
    2012 edition
    Flavio PEROBA and Johnny FRACHEY
    will welcome you at
    from June 27th to July 4th 2012.
    An unlimited pass to this exceptional facility dedicated to leisure and sports will be presented to you at the very beginning of the seminar.
    You will also be provided with quality food and housing so as to be able to concentrate fully on your training.
    Come take part in a unique experience during this Summer Camp which will combine the perfecting of technique with athletic challenge.
    Price : 540 euros
    Offer :
    Full pension including three meals a day + housing on location.
    Pass granting unlimited access to the facilities.
    Two MMA/GRAPPLING/LUTA LIVRE training sessions a day (2 x 2 to 3 h/day).
    Daily strength and conditioning sessions.
    Caution: open to a limited number of participants only.
    If you were wishing for a holiday in a beautiful setting, and to train with two of the very best teachers in France, this is the seminar for you !
    (0033)6 44 16 17 63
    romuald@krakenwear.com
    http://www.bushido-academie.fr/

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

should be good, anybody going??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RoyBillington

it will be taking place May 11th venue tbc 50 euro for the session . Any gyms looking to host P.M me

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Roy would really love to go but I have a pro wrestling match that day and there's no way I can get out of it :( but please keep me informed of future seminars as I really wanna get into MMA

On June 23rd Pankration Kickboxing will host MMA Champion Rosi Sexton for an MMA Seminar and a 1.5 hour Kid’s MMA seminar.

Rosi taught a seminar for us last year and it was one of the best we’ve ever been too.
    She has fought all over the world including England, Russia, Costa Rica, Canada and the USA. She’s led the way for women in MMA for years and proves that women belong in the cage just as much as any man. Training with her has taken my game to the next level.
    ” - Catherine Costigan

Info
    Date: Saturday(23/June/2012)
    Time: 2pm to 6pm
    Price: €50

Limited spaces. Please book as soon as possible. Contact Catherine Costigan or Dermot McGrath for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Looney Tunes

Rosi Sexton MMA seminar

On June 23rd Pankration Kickboxing will host Rosi Sexton for an MMA Seminar.

Rosi taught a seminar for us last year and it was one of the best we’ve ever been too.
    She has fought all over the world including England, Russia, Costa Rica, Canada and the USA. She's led the way for women in MMA for years and proves that women belong in the cage just as much as any man. Training with her has taken my game to the next level.

Pankration Kickboxing Academy
    Eastway Business Park
    Ballysimon Rd
    Limerick
    Limited spaces. Please book as soon as possible.
    2.00 PM to 6.00 PM Sat 23rd June
    Cost €50
    Contact Pankration Kickboxing at 086 3122933 or PM me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

great to see more courses like this been run to raise the knowledge of coaches/cornermen. 2 quick questions
    cost?
    when you say 'and recognized within MMA' what does that mean?

thanks
    john kavanagh
    sbg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

cost should be one of the things you display

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GnPkid

should it be 24th of june not july?

and iv there is two dates of the cutsman course , is the second date (7th july) a date if people miss the first one or is the course split into 2 seperate classes at 2 seperate dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

We have Kevin Seaman coming over to give a seminar at Balance Ireland on Saturday 25th May... more details to come smile.png

Who’s Kevin?
    Kevin Seaman
    *40 Years in the Martial Arts
    *Mental and Physical Performance Coach with 25 years experience
    *Full Instructor and Senior Student under Sifu Dan Inosanto in Jeet Kune Do and in Filipino Martial Arts
    *Considered one of the leading authorities of Jeet Kune Do
    *Studied Thai Boxing since 1986 under Ajarn Chai Sirisute
    *Certified Senior Instructor ranked as Ajarn and Special Advisor for the Thai Boxing Association USA (TBA)
    *Certified 23 Thai Boxing Instructors through the TBA
    *Certified CSW Instructor Under Erik Paulson
    *Certified Full Instructor in Jeet Kune Do under Sifu Tim Tackett
    *Certified Associate Instructor in Wing Chun under Sifu Francis Fong
    *Certified Instructor in Seven Martial Arts Systems total (2 in JKD)
    *Striking coach for over 100 competitors in USA Boxing, UFC, USMTA, IKBA, Bellator and others.
    *Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Balance Studios
    *Certified USA Boxing Coach
    *Certified Police Defensive Tactics Instructor
    *Author of 3 books:
    Jun Fan Gung Fu: Seeking The Path Of Jeet Kune Do
    The Winning Mind Set
    The Mind Game Of MMA
    *Professional Educator/Consultant/ Speaker
    *Staff Instructor in Physical Education/ Athletics Department at Cornell University for 20 years.
    *Has written for various magazines, featured in Black Belt, Inside Kung Fu, MA Training, Authority MMA, and others.

In addition to being a Professional Educator for over 35 years, Kevin Seaman has taught on the instructional staff in the Physical Education Department at Cornell since 1992. Kevin has written dozens of articles featured in national and international magazines. He is currently on the writing staff of contributors for Bodybuilding.com, the largest website for professional and amateur bodybuilders in the United States.
    Kevin is a guest lecturer and workshop presenter for numerous business, educational, sports and recreational organizations including the Johnson School of Business MBA Fellowship at Cornell University and exclusive Performance Coach for the Professional Kiteboarders at 2005 PKRA World Cup held in Caberete, DR. Kevin is an affiliate of Brian Tracy International. He has presented over 250 workshops, seminars and group presentations to date. In addition to this, his study and application of the art and science of personal achievement and performance coaching has spanned over two decades. He has taught his Winning Mind Set Principles helping to empower thousands of students of all ages on both an academic and vocational level for over 30 years.
    Kevin R. Seaman began his martial arts training in 1970 in Southern California. To date he has achieved advanced instructor levels in seven different martial arts systems and is a certified boxing coach, certified police defensive tactics instructor, and published author.
    Kevin has extensive experience in the education and coaching of amateur and professional competitors in Thai boxing, kickboxing, boxing, shootwrestling, NHB, UFC and full contact stickfighting. He has had a positive influence on the athletic careers of thousands of athletes, including high school and collegiate athletes, Empire Games medallists, national champions, All Americans, international champions, and Golden Gloves State Champions, as well as dozens of professional athletes. Now closed, Kevin owned and operated his 5.300 sq. ft. Premiere Martial Arts Training Facility and Gym, the East West Martial Arts Academy for nearly 20 years. He now works as a contract educator, teaching all over the country.
    Kevin is a three-time Hall of Fame inductee, being inducted into the ZDK, AMA and World Martial Arts Hall of Fame’s. In 2001, he was honored for a Diamond Lifetime Achievement Award in Atlantic City, at the largest Black Tie event of it’s kind, in the history of the martial arts.
    Kevin has competed in the martial arts on a regional, national, and international level for over a decade, and was an “Eastern National Champion” in both floor forms and full contact sparring. At the age of 37, Mr. Seaman was a World Champion in full contact stickfighting competing in Southeast Asia at the 1992 World, Kali, Arnis Championships at the Aquino Memorial Stadium in Manila, Philippines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Update
    Time 10am - 12.30pm and cost is 50 euro
    MaeveD wrote: »
    We have Kevin Seaman coming over to give a seminar at Balance Ireland on Saturday 25th May... more details to come smile.png

Who’s Kevin?
    Kevin Seaman
    *40 Years in the Martial Arts
    *Mental and Physical Performance Coach with 25 years experience
    *Full Instructor and Senior Student under Sifu Dan Inosanto in Jeet Kune Do and in Filipino Martial Arts
    *Considered one of the leading authorities of Jeet Kune Do
    *Studied Thai Boxing since 1986 under Ajarn Chai Sirisute
    *Certified Senior Instructor ranked as Ajarn and Special Advisor for the Thai Boxing Association USA (TBA)
    *Certified 23 Thai Boxing Instructors through the TBA
    *Certified CSW Instructor Under Erik Paulson
    *Certified Full Instructor in Jeet Kune Do under Sifu Tim Tackett
    *Certified Associate Instructor in Wing Chun under Sifu Francis Fong
    *Certified Instructor in Seven Martial Arts Systems total (2 in JKD)
    *Striking coach for over 100 competitors in USA Boxing, UFC, USMTA, IKBA, Bellator and others.
    *Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Balance Studios
    *Certified USA Boxing Coach
    *Certified Police Defensive Tactics Instructor
    *Author of 3 books:
    Jun Fan Gung Fu: Seeking The Path Of Jeet Kune Do
    The Winning Mind Set
    The Mind Game Of MMA
    *Professional Educator/Consultant/ Speaker
    *Staff Instructor in Physical Education/ Athletics Department at Cornell University for 20 years.
    *Has written for various magazines, featured in Black Belt, Inside Kung Fu, MA Training, Authority MMA, and others.

In addition to being a Professional Educator for over 35 years, Kevin Seaman has taught on the instructional staff in the Physical Education Department at Cornell since 1992. Kevin has written dozens of articles featured in national and international magazines. He is currently on the writing staff of contributors for Bodybuilding.com, the largest website for professional and amateur bodybuilders in the United States.
    Kevin is a guest lecturer and workshop presenter for numerous business, educational, sports and recreational organizations including the Johnson School of Business MBA Fellowship at Cornell University and exclusive Performance Coach for the Professional Kiteboarders at 2005 PKRA World Cup held in Caberete, DR. Kevin is an affiliate of Brian Tracy International. He has presented over 250 workshops, seminars and group presentations to date. In addition to this, his study and application of the art and science of personal achievement and performance coaching has spanned over two decades. He has taught his Winning Mind Set Principles helping to empower thousands of students of all ages on both an academic and vocational level for over 30 years.
    Kevin R. Seaman began his martial arts training in 1970 in Southern California. To date he has achieved advanced instructor levels in seven different martial arts systems and is a certified boxing coach, certified police defensive tactics instructor, and published author.
    Kevin has extensive experience in the education and coaching of amateur and professional competitors in Thai boxing, kickboxing, boxing, shootwrestling, NHB, UFC and full contact stickfighting. He has had a positive influence on the athletic careers of thousands of athletes, including high school and collegiate athletes, Empire Games medallists, national champions, All Americans, international champions, and Golden Gloves State Champions, as well as dozens of professional athletes. Now closed, Kevin owned and operated his 5.300 sq. ft. Premiere Martial Arts Training Facility and Gym, the East West Martial Arts Academy for nearly 20 years. He now works as a contract educator, teaching all over the country.
    Kevin is a three-time Hall of Fame inductee, being inducted into the ZDK, AMA and World Martial Arts Hall of Fame’s. In 2001, he was honored for a Diamond Lifetime Achievement Award in Atlantic City, at the largest Black Tie event of it’s kind, in the history of the martial arts.
    Kevin has competed in the martial arts on a regional, national, and international level for over a decade, and was an “Eastern National Champion” in both floor forms and full contact sparring. At the age of 37, Mr. Seaman was a World Champion in full contact stickfighting competing in Southeast Asia at the 1992 World, Kali, Arnis Championships at the Aquino Memorial Stadium in Manila, Philippines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Frank Trigg - Wrestling for MMA seminar

Date:Friday May 31st
    Time: 7-9pm
    Cost: €30 payable on the night

This seminar is open to everyone of all levels. If anyone has any questions, fire ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

K2C Martial Arts and fitness Center are hosting a Brazilian jiujitsu Gi senimar with Paulo Guimaraes a 4th degree Black Belt in BJJ under - Prof. Jorge Pereira a 6th degree Black Belt Graduated by Rickson Gracie and Carlos Gracie Jr. He is coming over from his Roots Brazilian jiujitsu Academy in Sydney, Australia to do a course with us. I personally trained with him while I was in Australia last year and I would highly recommend training with him for MMA fighters and BJJ / Grapples.

K2C would like to invite you, your club and your training partners.

information of Paulo Guimaraes & on the senimar

http://www.brazilianjiujitsu.com.au/Paulo%20Guimaraes.aspx

You can contact K2C on (021) 4309693 or on The Brazilian jiujitsu Senimar Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/events/184721175029089/?fref=ts

1010321_10201538918344795_657713394_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

5kgh

Advertisement