Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue & Destroy, HRTA Milsim, Monday June 1st

Options
  • 22-05-2009 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Mission Code named, Operation Red Wing on monday the 27th, 2008

The Hawk SEAL team, led by Lt. DOC and consisting of petty officers , were on a mission to capture Ahmad Shah (nom de guerre Mohammad Ismail), a key Taliban leader, west of Asadabad. After an initially successful infiltration, local goat herders stumbled upon the SEALs' hiding place. The Hawk SEALs decided to let them go rather than kill them, and the herders alerted local Taliban forces. They were surrounded by the Taliban and a firefight ensued.

Even though they were pinned down, Lt. DOC broke cover long enough to make a call to his base for back-up. The call was placed on a cell phone, due to the fact that the radio reception was very bad on that part of the mountain, and the base could not receive their radio transmission. In the process of placing this call, he was shot in the stomach and back but he still managed to complete the call. The three remaining Hawk SEALs continued to fight off the Taliban, gravely wounded, protecting each other as their position was pushed back to lower ground. After two hours of fighting and killing dozens of Taliban fighters each, only DOC remains alive.

Mission, Rescue & Destroy.
    In response to the call from DOC to Bagram Air Base, two MH-47 Chinook helicopter's, four UH-60 Blackhawks and two AH-64D, will attemp a rescue extraction of Lt DOC, and Destroy 2 Scuds and 4 sam's and 6 brigdes, and Taliban files.

And just to let poeple know, this is not like, any other airsoft days gaming, most of the time, you might not get a shot off, for up to an hour or more, there are a few rules, that you will have to follow, you need to read the rules, or print them, and bring them with you, if you dont know the rules on the day, you might have to sit out for a few hours till you have read them.

Rules.

It is your responsibility to read and understand these rules before attending the game.

Much effort has been made to make these rules as simple and easy to understand as possible.
    The rules are designed to ensure that the players have considerable freedom while still providing a good level of safety. Common sense is the order of the day with safety coming first at all times.

Sportsmanship and Honour.
    It is up you, the player, to remember that the sport of Airsoft is about honour.
    It is a game that is shared by a relatively small community compared to other sports. Therefore show your fellow airsofters respect during the game.
    And we wont stand for any cheating, if are found to be cheating, you will be asked to leave, and wont get a refund, i have never needed to marshal hard for milsim days, as most of the players, are some of the first airsoft plays in ireland, and they have never giving me the need to marshal hard, and i would like to keep it this way, so be warned, i wont take any messing on the day, to spoil it for them.

Ammunition:
    All magazines will be restricted to realistic loads. Each player may carry a maximum of 10 standard magazines (Full battle loadout). Pistols +2 mags maximum. Rifle drum mags 3 maximum. Machine gun box mags 2 maximum. Sniper rifles 8 mags maximum.

NOTE ... mid-caps or lo-caps only, NO HI-CAP****s.

All magazines will be restricted to realistic loads, so what ever it takes in the real would, you put in it, on the day.

If you are hit, the rules are simple: SHOUT "HIT" AND IMMEDIATELY GO TO GROUND!!!.

To heal, you must be brought to a Mash cabin to be healed, This has to be done by Simulated carrying, to the Mash cabin, this can be done by a medic and player or 2 players, but only a medic can heal you in the Mash cabin

NOTE ... Remember, dead people DO NOT talk.

When returning to the Mash cabin, we do not expect to see any player passing tactical information to players on their team.

Medics Every section / squad will have one player assigned as a section medic.

All medics will be assigned before the game, and giving one Mash cabin

Medics can NOT heal themselves, if a medic is hit, he must wait out for 10 minutes, before he can play agian.

Players can drag a casualty to cover, or to a Mash cabin, must be 2 players to move a casualty.

A medic can move a casualty by simulated carry with another play only. Simulated carrying involves two people either side of the casualty and pretending to carry them.This MUST be done at a walking pace.

Fighting Inside buildings.
    All guns should be set to semi-auto once fighting close quarter battle during room to room combat.

NOTE ... You can shoot out of a building on full-auto and you can shoot in to a building with full-auto when standing outside.

Grenades.
    If you are within 5 metres of an exploding grenade outside of a building then you receive one hit. An exploding grenade inside buildings counts as 1 hit to everyone inside a room where the grenade detonates.

NOTE ... A flash bang grenade, is still treated as an exploding grenade.

NOTE ... Smoke grenades will not be used within buildings.

The price is € 20
    Please sign up here, http://www.irishairsoft.ie/events/ thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

Sounds like fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

just signed up paul count me and the team in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

:eek:Aargh!! I have to work that day!! Fcuk it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

heartbeat & there.
    Done

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Amazing cell phone coverage.

I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So this literally makes me the hardest **** in airsoft right?

Awesome...obviously I best be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

Sounds like lone survivor, very good book. well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

hrta wrote: »
    In the process of placing this call, he was shot in the stomach and back but he still managed to complete the call. The three remaining Hawk SEALs continued to fight off the Taliban, gravely wounded, protecting each other as their position was pushed back to lower ground.

From the sound of things, you got pawnzord.
    Then captured.

While the rest of us Died defending your worthless ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

From the sound of things, you got pawnzord.
    Then captured.

While the rest of us Died defending your worthless ass.

Was probably one of us that fragged him in the back. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I might be able to make this, providing i dont have to be Andy Mc'Sham.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

TheDoc wrote: »

Only when you threaten to end people, thats the scariest thing you to can say to someone I hear.

Hmm, I might make this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

)

No, You got caught:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Was probably one of us that fragged him in the back. :p

If it was one of us, he'd be dead.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Awesome...obviously I best be there :)

If i remeber right, i think i was the one that shot you in the back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If i remeber right, i think i was the one that shot you in the back:D

After all enemy hostiles had been cleared may I add ;)

Dont forget to sign up, thanks.

http://www.irishairsoft.ie/events/

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mobprop667

good luck and have fun on the day lads.

hope to see some of ya on the 6th down in the southeast!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

ill be there +1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

anyone heading on from town? Joxer bailed on me so I'm in need of a lift.

• Advertisement

whats the numbers like for tomorrow then? it might be time for me to loose my skirmish virginity, again... :D

Masada wrote: »
    whats the numbers like for tomorrow then? it might be time for me to loose my skirmish virginity, again... :D

If you are out I can get you that bandoleer.

anyone heading on from town? Joxer bailed on me so I'm in need of a lift.

can you get out to the mad cow on the luas??

thermo wrote: »
    can you get out to the mad cow on the luas??

Hey thermo, thanks but I just managed to organise my lift now.

See you out there ;)

Hey thermo, thanks but I just managed to organise my lift now.

See you out there ;)

no probs lad ill see ya there!

I can fire up the bbq, if any one wants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I can fire up the bbq, if any one wants

Yes please :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Buying burgers so.

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Buying burgers so.

Or bring what ever you like, i can stick it on

• Advertisement

If you are out I can get you that bandoleer.
    Oh yeah, that'd be deadly. :) thanks.

Or bring what ever you like, i can stick it on

Ive a lovely red set of lingerie going spare but im not really sure its your colour paul.., :D

paul, do you have BBs onsite at the moment? dont really care about the weight,

Advertisement