Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to draw the line...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'll have a few beers on myown. What harm? All this talk about drinking is getting me thirsty!!

Pints are going to be had after work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps, the reason men drink alone is facilitate entering the 'nothing box'. (I'm no expert but the 'nothing box' is the psychological place where men can go and actually think of nothing- which is very relaxing but women don't have a 'nothing box' - something to do with the wiring of the brain and so probably don't understand the need to just sit there and think of ABSOLUTELY nothing).

As for drinking alone, I'm a 26 yr old male who likes nothing more than 2 or 3 quiet pints and a paper.

Don't you get some strange looks from your co-workers when they come back from the coffee-machine?

Advertisement