Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Census?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Stab*City wrote: »
    Census my A*S these people are just trying to catch people out..

I.E.

Working and signing on.
    Tax Evaders
    No nct, tax

Also did anyone notice the guards are out collecting fines alot lately.. in my estate alone i seen the same guys calling to 3 different houses 3 days in a row.. when i looked into the front of the squad car he must have had at least 100 sheets for unpaid fines..

Also the tv licence inspector is milking raheen at the moment..

im afraid to leave the house/answer the door in case some government (if u can call it that) official is there trying to take more of my €204.30 social welfare payment off me.. God i hope i get a job soon!!

You are complaining that the guards and the various other agencies involved may actually be doing their job? :rolleyes:

If people are breaking the law they are breaking the law and how they get caught is insignificant. Considering there is a guard at each census point I would hope that he is keeping an eye out for out of date tax and insurance discs.

Did you know that the cost of insurance is going up despite the cost of living coming down. Catch all the people that are committing fraud and stealing and it will help reduce insurance costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

BeanieBaby wrote: »
    The reason the traffic was building up heading out towards Coonagh was because the filter lane for the Salesians turnoff-Shelbourne Road etc was being used for the survey. It was at least halved in length.

Therefore people like myself who were turning right there were having to slow down in a single lane area and indicate right.

And those heading straight on were adhering to the speed limit because of the presence of uniformed Gardai.

Had forgotten about the filter lane actually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Baldie wrote: »
    No, the only people you have to stop for and the Gardai (and emergency services, I think). Everyone else can go and jump...
    gardai, lollipop ladies, emergency services and people in charge of animals, i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I understand that a driver has to obey the directions of an garda and drive in to the filter lane for questioning but do you have to respond to the surveyor and answer their questions? Can you just sit in the queue, window up and ignore them? Is it like the national census?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Felt like doing that very thing Mrmoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

They were at it again today on the N21 between Croagh and Adare. Must have been half a mile tailback. Luckily i was on the other side. My father was stopped by them while in his delivery lorry on Monday, they literally wanted to know what colour jocks he was wearing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

stupid fcukin census forms...load of bollix.
    Remember I got one for the employment census about a year ago.
    Binned it and got another one 6 months later. Binned that as well.
    Apparently there's a jail sentence if you refuse to fill one out.
    Like to see them try that in this recession:mad:

"MR jailed for not filling out census form..loses job.
    In other news the country is fcuked..600,000 are now out of jobs.."

Advertisement