Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm really starting to hate meat

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

cozmik wrote: »
    Vegetarianism wouldn't have gotten a reputation as being judgemental if there weren't some truth to it.

Meat-eaters wouldn't be on here getting offended by vegetarianism if there wasn't some truth to it.

You will get different people in different walks of life. There are roughly 600 million vegetarians in the world. They aren't all going to have EXACTLY the same personality now are they. Some will be judgemental, some won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

jape wrote: »
    There are roughly 600 million vegetarians in the world. They aren't all going to have EXACTLY the same personality now are they.

That's not what you said earlier
    jape wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say most vegetarians share your views.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Being vegetarian is fine, so long as you ensure that you are getting a good balance of nutrients from the food you are eating. TBH I'm not a great meat eater but do eat meat. I love fish though. Presume if you are vegetarian that you don't eat fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

overmantle wrote: »
    Being vegetarian is fine, so long as you ensure that you are getting a good balance of nutrients from the food you are eating. TBH I'm not a great meat eater but do eat meat. I love fish though. Presume if you are vegetarian that you don't eat fish?

The Vegetarian Society in the UK use this definition:

"We define a vegetarian as someone living on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits, with or without the use of dairy products and eggs. A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, or slaughter by-products "

Most societies and vegetarians stick to this. There are individual things like the use of leather etc. Most just make there own choices on these while sticking to the above principal when it comes to food. It's a common misconception in Ireland that being vegetarian means just giving up red meat but still eating chicken and fish.

My girlfriend has the lovely simple idea of "No food with a face".

Advertisement