Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Lidl/Aldi Sat box info

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Wantitnow

I bought one of the Lidl suitcase sat receivers kits (Silvercrest 65/12) about a year ago in Cork. The plastic dish was a disaster, the slightest breath of wind and it was gone, so I bought an old sky dish that I have it running on now.

I thought I should be able to only get channels from one satellite at a time with only one LBN? Can anyone then tell me why I can get channels on all of these satellites:
    Hotbird 13E
    Amos\Atlantic4-5W
    Astra28EAST
    EUTE\W3A
    A\BIRD3\5WEST
    HISPASAT
    HELLAS39EAST

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I don't want to appear to be a smart arse, but you are not here.

Can you list ome of the channels you are receiving? Can you get bbc 1-4, itv 1-4?

By the way, you should probably create a new thread for this.

mj

Urgh? Sorry I don't know what you mean by here - I'm in West Cork.
    This is the Lidl Silvercrest Digi Sat System thread?

I cant receive all channels on all of those satellites just a few on some, more on others, nearly all on Astra28EAST most on EUTE\W3A and A\BIRD3\5WEST.
    I can get BBC1234, ITV1234,BBCnews24,skynews,CNN,Aljezera,Euronews,Travel Channel,Community Channel,Film4, and a million and one sh1te channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I don't know where that "here" came from....

As I said, or at leats meant to say, you are not getting any channels from those satellites bar Astra 2 / Eurobird.

I presume that you think you are as you have run a search on each satellite and some channels appear. These are just some channels that have the same parameters as channels on Astra 2 / Eurobird. Just because you click on the satellites name in the settings does not mean that you are scanning that satellite.

To enable you to get channels from multiple satellites at once, you either need multiple lnb's and some sort of diseq switch, or you need a motor that will move as you select each satellite.

All the channels you listed are on Astra 2 / Eurobird.

MJ

AAhh! that explains it, I thought it seemed odd. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Bought the LIDL system a couple of months back.All working fine,signal and all at 80% - 90% great picture on my nice new 32" LCD. recently a few channels disappeared such as information TV ( I miss the poker) I dont want to re-scan cos I have set up my lists and fav channels.I still have good signal strength and quality but a blank screen,can anyone shed some light or offer a solution??

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Bought the LIDL system a couple of months back.All working fine,signal and all at 80% - 90% great picture on my nice new 32" LCD. recently a few channels disappeared such as information TV ( I miss the poker) I dont want to re-scan cos I have set up my lists and fav channels.I still have good signal strength and quality but a blank screen,can anyone shed some light or offer a solution??

As far as i'm aware, re-scanning will not interfere with the lists you have created. Any new channels that it finds in the scan will be automatically placed at the end of the channels that are already there. I spent quite a bit of time arranging the channels in the order i wanted them, and have re-scanned several times with no interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

Hi All! I bought the Lidl system (with Comag receptor and 80cm dish) a few years ago. I'd like to add a 2nd LNB now for both 19.2E and 28.2E. I'm looking for a bracket that will hold both LNBs on the arm and was wondering if any of you have got one that would fit the round arm of this dish (instead of building one myself). Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭pjq

Inigo ,

I did not find bracket to fit and had to use a strip of Mechano and some wavin semi circles . Now I have a new dish with a horisontal bracket ... but I need the LNBs (28 19 13 ) lined up in a diagonal row , so I still have a wavin holder on display .

PJQ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Ronin247 wrote: »

happens to me the odd time if i leave the receiver on for a few days. i know this is a basic recommendation but turning it on and off helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

Thanks pjq!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Slipper1

Does anyone know if you can get channel 4 on the slivercrest dvb-s sl 65? if yes, how? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

I'm sure that this is in the FAQs/stickies but the answer is no since it is only on SKY FTV right now. Last time I heard the rumour was that it might go onto FTA in the new year when their contract with SKY expires. Again the FAQs/stickies probably have more up to date and accurate info than I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Guys just got a SL 35 t. Can i hook this up to the aeriel that is on top of the house? that aerial can get rte etc. I also have sky dish, could i use this dish either?

It's a digital satellite receiver - surely connecting it to your roof top aerial makes no sense? I presume you can use it with a SKY dish/LNB setup though? But I could be totally wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

Am I doing something wrong?

I've read the thread, followed all the instructions and after hours of looking for a signal yesterday, I couldn't get one. I got totally frustrated in the end and just gave up. My signal quality is down in the low teens and doesn't seem to get any higher no matter how much twisting and turning of the dish I do.

To be honest I'm kind of hopeless at this kind of thing so maybe there is something obvious I am missing. Any help would be most appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I believe it is a digital terrestrial receiver - (even though this is the sat msg boar)
    You should be able to point it to three rock - or clermont cairn in Louth and get digital terrestrial signals.
    Or with a high aerial try and get some from the North or perhaps wales depending on where you are

Sorry - I assumed that we were still talking about the SL55 or some variant which is part of the Lidl digital satellite package which is the original topic of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

If hawker has a stb for DTT, why is he using a dish? If this is a DTT tuner, where are you located? Close to an RTE transmitter? I can pick up perfect DTT with my crappy set top aerial in South County Dublin - might be worth a try

homer911 wrote: »
    If hawker has a stb for DTT, why is he using a dish? If this is a DTT tuner, where are you located? Close to an RTE transmitter? I can pick up perfect DTT with my crappy set top aerial in South County Dublin - might be worth a try
    Is it not just a case of confusion here - posting a query about a Silvercrest/Comag (?) digital terrestrial STB on a thread about a completely different topic (i.e. a Silvercrest/Comag digital satellite system from Lidl)?

• Advertisement

Anyone had any joy in adding a satellite to the Lidl/Silvercrest/Comag SL65.
    I hooked it up to a motor but seem to be unable to add new Satellites! I read earlier that it was not working on the latest model?
    I was unable to add/upload from AliEditor from PC->STB although I could download from the STB->PC.

Is there any merit in trying to "downgrade" the S/W to an earlier version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

I bought one of these systems for a holiday home down the West. I put up the dish and it lasted less than a week, before being blown off the bracket. I wouldn't recommend these dishes in windy locations. So, I bought one of the standard 60cm Sky "mesh" dishes and just set it up over the Easter. Everything hunky dory now.

Lidl FTA sat TV package on offer again Thursday 3rd April

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080403.p.DigitalSatSystem

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

TM wrote: »
    Lidl FTA sat TV package on offer again Thursday 3rd April

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080403.p.DigitalSatSystem

Reciever might be ok but the dish is crap check out my post on bargain alerts http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55535012&postcount=20

Do they sell the receiver separate for the pack? have the 80cm dish and wouldnt mind using the 2nd line from the LNB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

@ petronius

I don't think there will be a seperate receiver, it's not mentioned in the offers page. Wouldn't mind a couple of twin LNBs myself; contrary to what others believe, I've found them to be good performers.

BTW, did you manage to add a satellite? I managed to do it some time ago, but never noticed your post asking for pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭pjq

petronius biologikal

When I added extra recievers and LNBs , I got them from Toci http://www.toci.de/_py_SAT-Welt-Receiver-Comag-ComAG-SL-35/a-73-2-3-4-0-0/ , reciever for €32- , but site is only in German and postage is €22- , maybe they speak english if you call .
    I bought 6 recievers +-2 yrs ago for friends and no problems so far , the SL 35 also got top marks from the German Consumer Mag.
    pjq
    ps I have no links to Toci , just a customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pasull2708

got one in tralee at 8am .there was about 30 people waiting and it was like a cattle mart when they opened up with some people buying five and six.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

pasull2708 wrote: »
    got one in tralee at 8am .there was about 30 people waiting and it was like a cattle mart when they opened up with some people buying five and six.

Yeah- same in Cavan and Monaghan but mostly foreign nationals buying 3 or 4 for their friends.
    There was a time when they were like gold dust but you can usually pick up one quite easy now- I have 4 on a quad lnb and all working perfect. I got 2 for the price of 1 of someone who was moving house...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Must`ve been about 30 left last night in Sligo.
    Times are changing. Allthough the SL35 is a very multifunctional box for that price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement