Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats considered the best achievement?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

For me its a flip between Raymer's 04/05 run in the main event and Helmuth's constant stream of Hold'em bracelets.

I also like Harrington's back to back FT appearances in 03/04

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I forgot about TJ Cookier, some of those photoshops are genius it has to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

steve davis cashing twice in the two main events hes played in .

john o shea wearing that lovely thing on his head in last year final table plo

nicnic winning without any cards

lol theres so many :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Gus Hansens WPT dominance.

Phil Ivey.

Jimmy McSweeneys tournament record in the Macau ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

Dave147 wrote: »
    Gus Hansens WPT dominance.

Phil Ivey. ???????

Jimmy McSweeneys tournament record in the Macau ;)

good old lucky jimmy macau record forgot about that one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I think Dan Harrington making back to back final tables, and Greg Raymer making a deepl run the year after winning the main event was pretty impressive.

Scotty Nguyen winning the HORSE event was pretty good given he was completely out off his face bolloxed drunk! Main Event and HORSE bracelet is pretty impressive in fairness thou.

Ivan Demidov's run in the WSOP Main Event and WSOPE Main Event are very good. Andy Black blowing his chip lead in the Main Event 06 was pretty impressive aswell :p

Sure there is others but just cant think of them at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

is this raymer nonsense one giant level. i think that can be attributed directly to variance and isn't impressive really at all. all the big name tourny pros who have multiple wsop and wpt, ept titles and final tables crush raymer. durrr, jman, antonius and others owning dizzying stakes at young ages and turning the old timers inside out is also considerably more impressive. and then to answer the question even more simply, phil ivey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

in fairness it's possible that tj cookier pips all those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

lol donkaments

all the cash pro's who put hundreds of hours and are now making more than tourney players will ever is a lot more of an achievement than getting lucky a couple of times in a bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Carlos Mortensen, WSOP main event winner, WPT World championship winner, back to back Sunday Millions on stars. The last achievement mentioned is pretty sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

Grafter wrote: »
    Marco Traniello's WSOP 7 cashes in his first year and 20 total.

this sounds like pretty good going

Andy Black blowing his chip lead in the Main Event 06 was pretty impressive aswell :p

as I recall he got it all in on the flop and the other fellow hit a three outer????

BuChan wrote: »
    is this raymer nonsense one giant level. i think that can be attributed directly to variance and isn't impressive really at all. all the big name tourny pros who have multiple wsop and wpt, ept titles and final tables crush raymer. durrr, jman, antonius and others owning dizzying stakes at young ages and turning the old timers inside out is also considerably more impressive. and then to answer the question even more simply, phil ivey.

as a tournie player and cash donk I have to confess that lads making huge amounts in cash over a long period is far more impressive than running well in eight consecutive tournaments or whatever. but you can't really single out any clear 'achievement' in cash, as its more of a gradual thing. I did think watching Durr only lose 600 odd K in the cash game against Antonius, given their respective holdings, was pretty fcking impressive. But then again bluescouse...

eagle eye wrote: »
    Carlos Mortensen, WSOP main event winner, WPT World championship winner, back to back Sunday Millions on stars. The last achievement mentioned is pretty sick.

Back to back victories in the Sunday millions????????????? One week after the other??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭shano_88

never knew this.......that is amazing like. wow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

a147pro wrote: »
    as I recall he got it all in on the flop and the other fellow hit a three outer????

Cant really remember it too be honest, i just know he went up and then down.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

sammy farha folding 2 moneymakers bluff.If he didnt half the donks on here would not be able 2 spell hold em or yamaha

baz2007 wrote: »
    sammy farha folding 2 moneymakers bluff.If he didnt half the donks on here would not be able 2 spell hold em or yamaha

lol!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

Carlos Mortensen, WSOP main event winner, WPT World championship winner, back to back Sunday Millions on stars.

has to be this,thats a serious achievement

• Advertisement

do a poll and see who's voted the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Chad Brown bagging Vanessa Rousso IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

newbie2 wrote: »
    Chad Brown bagging Vanessa Rousso IMO.

I never thought of it like that.

Right enough, she'd be Ok with a bag over her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

would have said this was best achievment but was suprised that no-one had heard about it so i checked it out.
    Not true although he did win it on 21st nov 2004 with 2182 runners and got 17th on the 5 dec 2004 with 2063 entries.
    Not quite the same as winning back to back sunday millions
    judging by the entries it was't even the sunday million..........

i quite like annette obrestrad's(annette_15) achievments to date for 2 reasons
    http://www.pokerlistings.com/poker-player_annette-obrestad?show=bio
    1 - she's built her bankrolls from freerolls and has never deposited money http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/Annette_15/poker/results/6D5BD1ADE6434909BEB751074A18CFF2.html?t=2
    http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/fulltiltpoker/Annette_15/poker/results/D45E082222B742F0AF51111FEE5391F2.html?t=2
    2 - she's still only 20 and still too young for vegas

she also won the $10 200k on stars with 20,000 entries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

There are some guys winning freerolls on stars with thousands of players in them every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

Doyle Brunson

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

There are some guys winning freerolls on stars with thousands of players in them every day.

i think building multiple bankrolls totalling over 1 million from freerolls, then winning over 2 million when she won the WSOP europe main event then followed up a month later with 2nd place in EPT Dublin for 430,000 at the age of 19,
    i think it's a little bit more impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I go with Carlos Mortensen aswel. He's always impressed me the way he stacks his chips.

carlos_mortensen-749167.jpg

chipscarlosstackxt8.jpg

The WPT for introducing us to Shana Hiatt

shana-hiatt3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 itsallgrand

Gavin Griffin
    Don't know that much about him other than the pink hair and supporting cancer but respect for the WPT, EPT and Bracelet Trilogy!!!

Current tourney player has to be ELKY up to $5.7 million now all in last few years 3.6 last year already 1.5 in 09. Seems to go deep for fun!

Stu Ungaar 3 main events wins still stand outs. back to back titles and then 16 years later again! He was near chip lead another year as well and then went missing!! (off his:cool:) Got blinded away and still cashed 21st as far as I can remember.

Advertisement