Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find a Dentist near you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Butterbumps

I'm looking for a recommendation for a dentist who's good at dealing with nervous patients. I haven't been to a dentist in way too long due to phobia/anxiety/paralysing terror issues... but I've just about talked myself into going again.

I'm in south Dublin. Anywhere between Templeogue and the city centre (Terenure, Rathgar, Rathmines...) would be fine. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi folks,

Im looking for a recommendation (by PM) for a dentist in the Athenry, Claregalway, Oranmore areas. Time to bite the bullet and make the trip! Any experiences with dentists in these areas would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

Hi
    Havent been to the dentist in three years or so due to the last time I went involving extensive work that was not forseen, need to get an appointment soon due to bleeding gums looking for someone who does not lecture and does a satisfactory job. Looking for a dentist around the Blackrock, Donnybrook town area

• Registered Users Posts: 10 grenfinger

Looking for decent dentist somewhere around the following areas rathfarnham,terenure, churchtown , rathmines, kimmage, Harolds cross

• Registered Users Posts: 29 korbend

Could someone pm me the name of a good dentist? I'm living in the Phibsboro area but I don't mind travelling a bit if necessary. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Looking for some good dentists outside of Ireland. Please PM me names and websites if available.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

kendragon wrote: »
    Looking for some good dentists outside of Ireland. Please PM me names and websites if available.

Thanks.

pm sent for good dentist in Colorado. Good value with the exchange rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Bit of spam activity there, deleted your post georgie as it was a bit out of context when I deleted the spammers name. This is a find a dentist near you thread, if you want to find a dentist far away form home (and if you want positives, shill ridden spam only) try trip advisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi all

im also looking for a dentist in the south suburbs

ive no issues with nervousness or anything
    i just want a reasonably priced place

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marmotte

Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation for a dentist in the Portobello, Ranelagh, Rathmines, or nearby areas - have been ripped off before in terms of price and suggested works that 'need' to be done and so would greatly appreciate a recommendation of someone who's good on quality as well as price. PM me please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hi, I am looking for a good dental hygenist in Dublin. Doesnt matter where they are based really.

Cheers,
    Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Michiko

hey, um the oral surgeon I am due to see is not on the Irish dental association list!
    also not in the goldenpages, WTF?
    All I could find out that is that he is registered with a limerick and a Dublin hospital.
    Should I be concerned at all?
    just I had been due to see a certain health professional when I found out on google they had a pretty serious court case pending against them, they were later found guilty of malpractice.
    It's left me very wary of health professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

membership of the dental association is not a requirement to practice. you're probably mixing it up with the dental council.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Hi all,

Please could someone recommend a dentist in Dublin 7? Send me a PM if you know of a good dentist that's reasonably priced in the area.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

Hi

i would appricate if someone could recommend a a reasonably priced dentist in the south dublin.anywhere around Sandyford, Leopardstown, blackrock or neighbouring areas?

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I need to get an xray to get wisdom teeth out. The dentist didn't recommend any specific places. Anyone know of somewhere in Dublin? If you could also let me know of the price I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Susie564

I need to get an xray to get wisdom teeth out. The dentist didn't recommend any specific places. Anyone know of somewhere in Dublin? If you could also let me know of the price I would appreciate it.

I had an OPG done in The Hermitage around October time last year at a cost of €80 but I did need a referral letter from my dentist to get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PinotGrigio

I am a very nervous patient but really need to see a dentist. I visited a dentist 3 years ago. She was very nice but I found it horrific because she kept asking me why I was so scared of the dentist. It made me really upset because she was so kind to me but kept trying to get to the cause of my 'issue'. I did not make it back for my second appointment. I am looking for a dentist in north dublin or city centre who will not lecture or talk to me very much. I know from my previous appointment that I have so much work to get done and three years down the road I am sure it is now much worse... but I would just like to get in and get it over with as quickly as possible. Ideally I would like a robot or someone who does not even speak english. Any suggestions or advise please pm me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭funnyname

Any recommendations for Dublin city centre - southside?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Moved to Dublin a couple of years back but haven't been to a dentist yet. Need one now. Southside city center, female dentist preferably. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Hi,

Can anyone recomend a good dentist in the north city centre area? and whats standard price for a checkup in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tilly Starr

Could anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced dentist in Dublin, preferably on the north side?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Susie564 wrote: »
    I had an OPG done in The Hermitage around October time last year at a cost of €80 but I did need a referral letter from my dentist to get it done.

The oral surgeon who will take the teeth out for you will be able to take tr xray... Don't pay twice...
    OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SIBERIA

Anyone know a good CARING dentist in and around swords/malahide area?

I can go as far as clontarf but i don't have a medical card or anything. Can sort one out if need be although, i don't mind paying €20 a week if that would be at all possible. (Are extractions free on the MC?) I have two back teeth that are in sh!te for the last year, they badly need to be pulled and people are telling me to get my three 'silver' fillings replaced because they give you cancer.. any truth in that??

I get really panicky when people mess about with me mouth.. so i need a dentist with loads of patience, there will be lots of gagging. Last dentist i went to about 5 year ago kept saying 'tut' and wasn't very understanding.

PM us if you got any recs.

Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lizmer

Hi, could someone reccommend a good prosthodontic dentist in Dublin. Need four front crowns. PM me, Cheers

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Hi,

I need a recommendation for a dentist who can deal with an extremely nervous patient.
    After a disastrous attempted extraction a few years back that resulted in the second attempt being done under general anaesthetic, I haven't been to a dentist since, but I've now had one of my back teeth crack and crumble away while eating.
    City centre location preferable.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 brosmi

Hi

I would appricate if someone could pm me a good dentist around Leopardstown, Stillorgan ,Blackrock or neighbouring areas?

Many Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Brightest Star

Can anyone recommend a dentist anywhere in Dublin - preferably city centre, but I'm willing to travel. Somewhere reasonably priced, if possible.

I haven't been to the dentist in years, and I'm terrified, so I want to find someone nice who won't be horrible to me about the state of my teeth. :o

Also, does anyone know, if you end up having to get a lot of work done at the appointment, do you have to pay the full amount upfront or do some dentists let you pay in installments?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Can anyone recommend a dentist anywhere in Dublin - preferably city centre, but I'm willing to travel. Somewhere reasonably priced, if possible.

I haven't been to the dentist in years, and I'm terrified, so I want to find someone nice who won't be horrible to me about the state of my teeth. :o

Also, does anyone know, if you end up having to get a lot of work done at the appointment, do you have to pay the full amount upfront or do some dentists let you pay in installments?

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

Can anyone recommend me a Dentist in Cork who does implants?

Advertisement