Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPP sack the Big C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

[ ] sacked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭jack90210

Didn't re-sign him, same difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I actually felt he did a good job and got loads of coverage at the WSOP last year. His coverage at the IO in 2008 was pretty good and he was great at mixing with players etc.

If they're going to sign someone the best available Irish talent at the moment not signed as to be Jude, but I would hurry as I reckon he'll be picking up offers soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

That's a shame - Ciaran is a nice guy.

I doubt PPP will replace him however. I think the IO is their star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Can't say I'm too fond of the guy to be honest. His nauseating, attention seeking commentary of the IO last year was pretty difficult to endure, stage Irishness at its stomach churning best. Choosing a nickname thats a euphanism for cancer I also find to be distasteful. Probably a good decision by PPP as Im sure Im not the only person he has deterred from their brand.

• Advertisement

Conbro wrote: »
    Can't say I'm too fond of the guy to be honest. His nauseating, attention seeking commentary of the IO last year was pretty difficult to endure, stage Irishness at its stomach churning best. Choosing a nickname thats a euphanism for cancer I also find to be distasteful. Probably a good decision by PPP as Im sure Im not the only person he has deterred from their brand.

I am pretty sure when you were thinking about PPP you were just about to hit download until you considered their sponsorship of Ciaran O'Leary.

"I shalln't associate with such people", you thought, eh Conor?

I am pretty sure when you were thinking about PPP you were just about to hit download until you considered their sponsorship of Ciaran O'Leary.

"I shalln't associate with such people", you thought, eh Conor?

Obviousy he is not the only criteria in determining whether I play with Paddy Power or not. However his image certainly doesnt encourage me, which is kind of what he's paid to do. Understand?

Understand?

Do I ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Do I ever?

Of course how dare I question The Wise One

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

pity nice guy but in this climate who going to be spending money with pros? heard ladbrokes have donk loads of the guys .
    seem like boyles are the only guys who put people into touries and there only local ones .
    ppp have bought a share of a aussie bookies so funds might be short at moment .:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

PPP would be better off sacking that advertising department imo.

I though Ciaran O'Leary did a good job for them, a nice guy and added a bit of decency to their ranks to somewhat offset that insulting unintelligent advertisiing.

Of course how dare I question The Wise One

Ha, I make no claim to wisdom. I wasn't having a go at you btw Conor, I was trying to make a PPP joke originally.

Ha, I make no claim to wisdom. I wasn't having a go at you btw Conor, I was trying to make a PPP joke originally.

lol chill m8:D enough people get worked up about me around here dont you start

lol chill m8:D enough people get worked up about me around here dont you start

Consider me chilled:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe it was because he was referring to them as 'Paddy Powers'.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm available to be signed if PPP are looking for someone. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Ollieboy wrote: »
    I actually felt he did a good job and got loads of coverage at the WSOP last year. His coverage at the IO in 2008 was pretty good and he was great at mixing with players etc.

If they're going to sign someone the best available Irish talent at the moment not signed as to be Jude, but I would hurry as I reckon he'll be picking up offers soon.

i don't think talent has much to do with it unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm available to be signed if PPP are looking for someone. ;)

it be a poker player they be looking for ;);)

Oh right. Sorry.

Carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

They probably got shut of him because he refers to himself in the 3rd person imo.

They'll never sign Pighead so.

If you don't read After Hours you probably won't get that one. Might be better for your sanity though.

mdwexford wrote: »
    They probably got shut of him because he refers to himself in the 3rd person imo.

The-Rigger was thinking much the same md.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

5starpool wrote: »
    They'll never sign Pighead so.

If you don't read After Hours you probably won't get that one. Might be better for your sanity though.

Somehow Pighead gets away with it.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Ill say now imo Conor he's one of the nicest guys on the poker scene iv'e ever met. Your slaggin his "stage" irsishness although it seems put on, i genuinely feell he loves everything about irish poker. Iv'e had the chance to talk to the man on a few occasions, and his passion for the game and ireland always prevailed. I wouldn't be one to be "awed" bt the pro players, but i had a few jars at the the previous IO with Ciaran, then over in vegas he approached me out of no where and said howaya Andrew, how are the cards teratin ya?.... So i dunnno he always came across like a top man to myslef, but if Ciarans not sponsered by PP anymore i still hope he'll be at all the Irish tourneys.....

And I certainly don't think his nickname was ever to be considered in that referance .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

I never met the guy, but on tv etc he seemed like a perfectly nice bloke. I doubt the discontinuation of the contract has much to do with his performance to be honest, I reckon it's more likely that the PPP marketing department are smart enough to realise that the sponsorship model doesn't provide a very good ROI for them.

Daithio wrote: »
    I never met the guy, but on tv etc he seemed like a perfectly nice bloke. I doubt the discontinuation of the contract has much to do with his performance to be honest, I reckon it's more likely that the PPP marketing department are smart enough to realise that the sponsorship model doesn't provide a very good ROI for them.

I found his antics irritating during the broadcast where he won his bracelet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

To be fair he seems a very genuine and approachable guy who represented Paddy Power well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

mdwexford wrote: »

the big Dave dosnt know what you mean :confused:

Advertisement