Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer exams -5th year

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Obviously there is a huge difference :rolleyes: but saying that 5th year summer exams are not good indicators is kinda ridiculous. Why would anyone bother with them if they weren't?

Thanks for the... advice but I very much doubt that I'm fooling myself.
    COMPLETELY disagree with that.
    Summer exams are often much better indicators than LC mocks because you can actually do the full paper.
    I got around the same in my 5th year Summer, 6th year Christmas and Mock exams so they're not too inaccurate.
    Well done pfannkuchen, those are great results, and I really really doubt you'll be in for a shock next year!

Yeah, a lot of my friends have said the same thing. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

I find hard and the exams were from exam papers,but the problem is that I cant find them.The maths exam was hard,there is a thread with some qs that came on the exam because I wanted to know how to do them but it seems that its not readable,its ORD maths.

Also summer and Christmas exams in 5th are important as you can see what points you get and how to improve them for 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

COMPLETELY disagree with that.
    Summer exams are often much better indicators than LC mocks because you can actually do the full paper.
    I got around the same in my 5th year Summer, 6th year Christmas and Mock exams so they're not too inaccurate.
    Well done pfannkuchen, those are great results, and I really really doubt you'll be in for a shock next year!
    It sometimes depends if the exam is all what you write in the exam or includes a project or homework scores.
    I got 51% in geography in my JC mocks and an A in the real thing - and I didnt try extra hard because f the bad score either!

A lot of teachers take questions for the summer exams from past mock papers, they've realised that students are smart enough to study from actual Leaving Cert papers. It sucks because mock papers are harder than the real thing sometimes!

You're right ayumi, the exams are good indicators of what you need to work on, they can be really helpful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

When I did mine the way the time table worked was everyone finished on the same day at the same time. My only memory of my fifth year exams is the reaction everybody had when we all came out of the exam rooms. We all started claping and cheering and shaking hands t'was good times, I'd say something similar will happen this year for the end of the big exams.

What was the reaction(if any) ye guys had in your schools?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

God I did so bad.. well.. I didnt get the report yet but I know I did awful in a few of them anyway. Didnt study much really..this will have to change!! Report due soon.. Tuesday I am thinking it will come!

In my school, our year head came into talk to us after the last exam to wish us a nice summer and to inform us that we were officially 6th years :rolleyes: After that, everyone started cheering and there was a stampede out of the hall LOL.
    cork*girl wrote: »
    God I did so bad.. well.. I didnt get the report yet but I know I did awful in a few of them anyway. Didnt study much really..this will have to change!! Report due soon.. Tuesday I am thinking it will come!

Don't stress, I'm sure you did a lot better than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

is it possible to repeat 5th year in the same school,I know that English and Irish courses change

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

ayumi wrote: »
    is it possible to repeat 5th year in the same school,I know that English and Irish courses change
    Yes it is, a few do most years in our school. It just depends on numbers etc..

Advertisement