Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer exams -5th year

Options
  • 14-05-2009 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

To all 5th years, when's yer exams?

Ours is in about 10 days. Haven't studied a bit, although I really should. My consolation is that I know what's on most of my Maths, Business, Geography, English, Business and Economics tests. How about the rest of ye?

And to the 6th years - good luck everyone:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ours start next week :eek: Will have to get to serious studying during weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

:eek: Damn man! What school are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ours start next Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

To all 5th years, when's yer exams?

Ours is in about 10 days. Haven't studied a bit, although I really should. My consolation is that I know what's on most of my Maths, Business, Geography, English, Business and Economics tests. How about the rest of ye?

And to the 6th years - good luck everyone:)

Our 5th years start tuesday, and some finish 4 days after on the friday.

And cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

fifth year exams
    study

Does not compute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

start on Thursday next week and finish the Thursday the week after.
    OH WERE 6THs YRS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jamin'

Mine start on Wednesday and I know nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

jamin' wrote: »
    Mine start on Wednesday and I know nothing :(
    I would of thought doing the junior cert would of shown of you how little summer exams really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Studying for any exam is going to help your LC at the end of the day, so if you consider the LC as mattering, the summer exams, being able to contribute to it, should matter also.

Also: it's "would have", not "would of".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

mine start tomorrow, i am physically unable to study.
    i went into school yesterday & today even though i had no classes/exams and went into the study hall - couldnt study
    i just dont know how?
    there was no distractions, nothing else to do, i wasnt talking to anyone, i tried to study but i just couldn't

any advice :(:(??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Mine start Monday.
    Biology and English, I think.
    Oh joy.
    I pretty much just kept up with my work all year, so I'm just going to have a quick glance over stuff.
    I just have my eyes on the summer, to be honest. xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

coloured font hurts my eyes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

coloured font hurts my eyes :(
    No capitalization and punctuation hurts my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 R0siE

Mine are starting this tuesday..not looking forward to them at all!!
    I haven't actually opened a book to study yet and the exams are 2 days away!:eek:
    Oh well I'd rather enjoy my life than stay inside studying all day!
    Finished on Thursday..Can't wait!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

R0siE wrote: »
    Mine are starting this tuesday..not looking forward to them at all!!
    I haven't actually opened a book to study yet and the exams are 2 days away!:eek:
    Oh well I'd rather enjoy my life than stay inside studying all day!
    Finished on Thursday..Can't wait!!:D

Two days of exams? Fúck me that's lucky. Ours went on for like ten whole days, 3 exams each day!

Finished on Tuesday though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Two days of exams? Fúck me that's lucky. Ours went on for like ten whole days, 3 exams each day!

Finished on Tuesday though :D
    You have thirty subjects :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

I only have the eight, the school has around thirty.

They can't have any overlaps or it would kinda screw some of the students out of doing exams...... ;)

They can't have any overlaps or it would kinda screw some of the students out of doing exams...... ;)
    Lucky Bstard
    Id love to have some days off during exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 R0siE

I was wondering why there was so many days of exams!!
    Even still I go to a huge school and we've only got 4 days of exams for everyone - Monday to Thursday...no mix-ups whatsoever!
    oh and I have three days of exams with no breaks!I'm not so lucky!
    =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Mine started nearly 2 weeks ago, and I'm now sitting back, enjoying my "summer" holidays:D

• Advertisement

*giggles* wrote: »
    Mine started nearly 2 weeks ago, and I'm now sitting back, enjoying my "summer" holidays:D
    Boo icon13.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Mine start tomorrow with Irish and Business. Business I should be okay for, Irish we'll see!

Finished Thursday :)

I've got more on my mind considering it'll be our last 3 months of freedom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bnm

Overlaps?? Ehh overlaps were rife my friend....not directly, but I mean 6 exams over 2 days was not exactly a walk in the park, nor were the 9 (counting Eng p1 and 2 separately) HL streched out over 4 days, let me tell you. And what imbecile came up with the notion of putting English p2, History and Maths on the same day? Likewise Irish, Chem and French?? Talk about inducing Insomnia..well for me anyway. After I had cleared the house of coffee, I resorted to Berocca Boost, which really was completely ineffective. After desperately dissolving 3 tabs in about 25ml of water, I still resembled a Dementor / Gremlin extra. How do you prioritise between Irish, French and Chem / History, English and Maths when they're all HL?? For most of us, each is just as important as the other. I get that the school were trying to get them over with asap, but really, rendering some of the students terminally and irrevocably exhausted in the process was entirely unnecessary, especially considering it's only 5th year. But I suspect this does not apply to our John Lenihan here ;) mwahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I did f*** all for my 5th year exams.Spent the first half of 6th year playing catch-up.

bnm wrote: »
    Overlaps?? Ehh overlaps were rife my friend....not directly, but I mean 6 exams over 2 days was not exactly a walk in the park, nor were the 9 (counting Eng p1 and 2 separately) HL streched out over 4 days, let me tell you. And what imbecile came up with the notion of putting English p2, History and Maths on the same day? Likewise Irish, Chem and French?? Talk about inducing Insomnia..well for me anyway. After I had cleared the house of coffee, I resorted to Berocca Boost, which really was completely ineffective. After desperately dissolving 3 tabs in about 25ml of water, I still resembled a Dementor / Gremlin extra. How do you prioritise between Irish, French and Chem / History, English and Maths when they're all HL?? For most of us, each is just as important as the other. I get that the school were trying to get them over with asap, but really, rendering some of the students terminally and irrevocably exhausted in the process was entirely unnecessary, especially considering it's only 5th year. But I suspect this does not apply to our John Lenihan here ;) mwahahaha
    You sound a little tense there
    Exams over - leave down the beroca!

has anyone got their results?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Ours started on the 26th (Tuesday) and we finished at 12.30 on the Friday! I had 2 exams a day and a study period for the 4 days but some girls in my year had 2 days of 3 exams so that was tough on them!

The option teachers gave their different classes the same exams, so one of the Chemistry classes had theirs on Tuesday so my class knew exactly what was coming up on Thursday and the same with the Biology classes the other way around... Probably not going to do us much good in the end but I was happy :D

Got my report yesterday, but we didn't get a German result because my teacher went on maternity leave 2 weeks before the exams and didn't tell us she was going. We were left with some idiot supervising us and with no work or any idea of what was going to come up on the exam. It turned out grand but so annoyed that we got no results after all the effort!

If I get the same results in my Leaving, I'll get 565 :D

I added up the points and the total 285,I do 3 ORD subjects.Which make it more difficult to get 500 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Even equating the leaving cert and 5th year summer exams is just... :rolleyes:

Unless you did a full exam paper for each subjects exam, then I'd forget about even thinking like that. Otherwise you'll be in for a big shock next year.

ayumi: 3 OL + 4HL, A1's in everything gives 520 points... Best of luck with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Even equating the leaving cert and 5th year summer exams is just... :rolleyes:

Unless you did a full exam paper for each subjects exam, then I'd forget about even thinking like that. Otherwise you'll be in for a big shock next year.

ayumi: 3 OL + 4HL, A1's in everything gives 520 points... Best of luck with that.

COMPLETELY disagree with that.
    Summer exams are often much better indicators than LC mocks because you can actually do the full paper.
    I got around the same in my 5th year Summer, 6th year Christmas and Mock exams so they're not too inaccurate.
    Well done pfannkuchen, those are great results, and I really really doubt you'll be in for a shock next year!

Advertisement