Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Thanks' System...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Another thanks whoring thread, sigh.

Ok, this time it's going in prime numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?

Here's to me,AC.
    Raises glass.
    *clink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

sdonn wrote: »
    Yes, but there are some of us with brains that can tell the posts that are clearly asking for thanks (like this one for example) from the sensible ones which deserve praise. ;)
    Ok.

Sensible and AH.. hmm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

orestes wrote: »

I'm gonna delete a post or two just to make you look like a fool! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

3!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I'm gonna delete a post or two just to make you look like a fool! :)

You can't delete his post that you thanked?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Saibh wrote: »
    You can't delete his post that you thanked?
    Yeah I can.

Yeah I can.

That's ok, I won't have to thank his post now

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

You're welcome.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is the idea of this thread to thank nearly every poster? :S

I like the Thank system, so much so I ask other vB forums I use to implement it. Its grrrrreat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

1 is not considered a prime number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:)

javaboy wrote: »
    1 is not considered a prime number.

You sure? I thought it was? Or is this something about it not being a prime number cos it can't multiply with itself (I can't either yet, but the research is ongoing)

You sure? I thought it was? Or is this something about it not being a prime number cos it can't multiply with itself (I can't either yet, but the research is ongoing)

It's just by definition really. Don't dwell on it too long. As I said, all these thanks will be gone soon. :cool:

It's just by definition really. Don't dwell on it too long. As I said, all these thanks will be gone soon. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thank you very much Mr Eastwood.........

javaboy wrote: »

I think the only way you can get rid of all the thanks is by deleting the thread completely, which will have serious reprecussions for my research.

I think the only way you can get rid of all the thanks is by deleting the thread completely, which will have serious reprecussions for my research.

Nah I have magic powers. And deleting the thread won't get rid of the thanks btw.

Sorry super-rush. I know you had your hear set on that #47 spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That is true, but won't deleting this also go towards to making you a thankless person? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

A thankless job IMO

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    That is true, but won't deleting this also go towards to making you a thankless person? :P

You're too late posting in this thread - all the thanks for today are gone

48 is not a prime number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Oh well. :p

Dont have either. Imo.

All prime numbers can be divided by two numbers, one can only be divided by one number, this is why it isn't a prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

All prime numbers can be divided by two numbers, one can only be divided by one number, this is why it isn't a prime.

what about if you divide by zero ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

S.I.R wrote: »
    what about if you divide by zero ?

Please...its best...not thought about...

Someone appears determined to meddle in my research.

This is the fate of thanking mankind you are meddling with whoever you are! Think of the children!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Someone appears determined to meddle in my research.

This is the fate of thanking mankind you are meddling with whoever you are! Think of the children!

eh...

are you sure you don't work for the daily mirror...

" who can we scape goat for the economy today ?? "

" what do you mean its the thanking system on a modestly popular Irish website... "

" YORE *banned* "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm anti the thanks system. I think we should abuse it and just thank everybody all the time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I've been using the Thanks button when someone's said something I generally agree with, but am too lazy to compose a post of my own.
    Is that degrading the thanks system?

Advertisement