Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Thanks' System...

Options
  • 14-05-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

Is great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

You mean that finger button at the end of each post is a thanks button. I was always sure it was a up yours button, i used it like water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I'm dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Thank me , thank me now or else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

1) start thread on the thanks system
    2) watch the free thanks roll in
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Just so you all know, every post in this thread will be getting its thanks stripped. I'll wait until they build up so you'll miss them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Galvasean wrote: »
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT!!!

1. Post about good hand in poker
    2. ???
    3. PROFIT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Galvasean wrote: »
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT!!!
    Dammit you've got me sussed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

javaboy wrote: »
    Just so you all know, every post in this thread will be getting its thanks stripped. I'll wait until they build up so you'll miss them more.

My name looks extra long on the thanks bar so its going to hurt us all a bit more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

But what i said was hilarious.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How exactly has it ruined the forum. People have always tried to be funny in after hours. That may have increased due to the thanks system but would you rather have someone spend time thinking up something that might be witty and humourous or would you rather someone just post another IBTL, YORE MA, I for one welcome our new ________ overlords, etc.? Even you are trying to be funny by putting in the "Damn recession" bit. I think someone is a whoring for some thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I would like to thank.....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good. I was about to complain about people thanking me for complaining about people exploiting the thanks system

*goes crosseyed*

:eek: Anything but the thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If they keep the "Thanks" button for AH, they should introduce a "you're a tool" button, for a bit of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

david wrote: »
    ...has ruined this forum. Damn social climbers striving to get the funniest punniest smartest reply in. Damn Recession.
    Thanks.
    Make up your mind though, Thanks or Recession.

Start two threads.

Double the opportunity.

/no need to thank me

How exactly has it ruined the forum. People have always tried to be funny in after hours. That may have increased due to the thanks system but would you rather have someone spend time thinking up something that might be witty and humourous or would you rather someone just post another IBTL, YORE MA, I for one welcome our new ________ overlords, etc.? Even you are trying to be funny by putting in the "Damn recession" bit. I think someone is a whoring for some thanks.
    Well that's me pwnd.

If I thank your post,will Mrs bucket delete it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Has Old Gill missed the thanks again? Awwww, I needed those thanks, my wife's gonna leave me.

Picks up phone - "You should have seen me honey, I was so close to getting the thanks. Hey, who is that in the background? Awwww, is that Tom? I thought you were gonna leave him. No, no... dont put him on. Oh, hi Tom!"

• Advertisement

Senna wrote: »
    If they keep the "Thanks" button for AH, they should introduce a "you're a tool" button, for a bit of balance.

No. Never.

That's Wainthropp thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There really needs to be a thumbs down button to show your disgust for a post.(boo urns, just saw Senna's post)

Dave147 wrote: »
    Has Old Gill missed the thanks again? Awwww, I needed those thanks, my wife's gonna leave me.

Picks up phone - "You should have seen me honey, I was so close to getting the thanks. Hey, who is that in the background? Awwww, is that Tom? I thought you were gonna leave him. No, no... dont put him on. Oh, hi Tom!"
    Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If she does I'll just ban her. :)

That's Wainthropp thank you very much.
    60 seconds.:eek:

/and I only said it once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Vain wrote: »
    You mean that finger button at the end of each post is a thanks button. I was always sure it was a up yours button, i used it like water.

I thought it meant that you would 'flick the bean' of the poster in question.

If she does I'll just ban her. :)
    That's two thanks from me.
    DAMN!!!
    You're good at this, AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

david wrote: »
    ...has ruined this forum. Damn social climbers striving to get the funniest punniest smartest reply in. Damn Recession.

Yes, but there are some of us with brains that can tell the posts that are clearly asking for thanks (like this one for example) from the sensible ones which deserve praise. ;)

• Advertisement

That's two thanks from me.
    DAMN!!!
    You're good at this, AC.

Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?

Advertisement