Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice for Nursing Interview

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 carla30

Hey congrats estreet girl!:Dwell done to you! you must been delighted!once you got over the initial shock!!:p:p im not sure what the competition is like around here. I only applied to both sligo and athlone for general nursing. The points must have been very high though. What is the story with the next round offers? How does that work then? Is that if those who have been offered a place dont accept their offer?:confused:or how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭estreet girl

Thanks Carla,I am physically sick at the thought of how I am gonna afford it to be honest,but thrilled at the same time if that is possible:)
    I am not entirely sure how the next round works but there will be those that do not accept as well as those who will defer places till next year.
    I also got an offer of a 3 year degree programme in Blanch IT doing Community and Social Development and would almost be tempted as it would be a much easier course and not as strict timewise,meaning I could continue to work but I always wanted to do midwifery.
    I have not accepted yet because I need to work out how I can afford to study for 4 years.But I will hit that button:eek:as soon as I have thought it through.
    So like I said there will be those that defer and those that decline or accept other courses.Maybe some one else will have more info.
    I truly hope you get a place as it is a wonderful career to have.I am working as a Hca in a general hospital at the minute and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 misschatty

Hi
    I applied for gen nursing in quite a few places got 153 so kinda had feelin wudnt get a place. Have everything crossed in case i get sumthing on 31st. Just wondered wot r d chances of being offered a place next time around any view?
    If dont get place was thinkin bout doing a pre- nursing course and apply thru fetac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

My gf didn't get an offer this morning. Are the offers all down to points or is the interview taken into account also?

i think it is just down to wot you get in app test they r d points that count so better u do the higher your score. Interview is either a pass or fail and so if u fail u r out.
    it can be down to luck of d draw to in a way and with places been reduced this year was always gonna be harder to get in. All you can do is start all over again in Jan 10, as i will be doing!!!

• Advertisement

It all seems to have been down to the points that we got in the aptitude test alright. Its quite disappointing:( but maybe we will just look forward to the next offers out on the 31st July? Its the waiting that really gets to me though!:o does anyone know if the offers that were given out today are to completely fill all places available or do they hold some back? For example, if Athlone had 35 places on offer would the have filled all 35 today? Because when you go into the CAO website and view offers it says that in early July{which is todays} "a small number of offers of places may be issued to applicants such as mature students"??:confused::confused: Or am i just wishful thinking!!:p:p And also i wonder what are the chances of getting a offer in the next rounds????

Misschatty!! you may still get an offer of a place at the end of this month;) but if you dont, would you try again for it next year? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Hi everyone, I didn't get into NUIG. I had 166 points and last year it was 167 so I knew I probably wouldn't. But I won't lie - I'm a bit gutted. :(

I doubt I'll apply next year - I honestly couldn't have done better on the apt. test so doubt I'd get much higher next year, and it was all very stressful.

Not sure what I'll do with myself now, but heartiest congrats to all those who got in!

hi carla30 yes i will apply again if doont get in this year am also considering doing a pre nursing course and applyin thru fetac next year as well. i want this too much to quit now.
    Is very dishearting not to get a place today but had a feeling i wouldnt get offer wit d points been so high and place cuts n all.
    like u just wish i knew how u stand in regards to next round will the places that are offered only be of those people who defer or dont except their offer?
    Would be greatfull if anyone knew anything bout it?:):confused:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SandraD77

Hey folks, I got Childrens & Gen in TCD - THRILLED! Like you estreet girl I'm worried about being able to afford it... 4.5 yrs is a long time to be broke! But it'll be well worth it!!!

Does anyone know if and when they'll publish the points requirements for all the courses???

• Advertisement

trio wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I didn't get into NUIG. I had 166 points and last year it was 167 so I knew I probably wouldn't. But I won't lie - I'm a bit gutted. :(

I doubt I'll apply next year - I honestly couldn't have done better on the apt. test so doubt I'd get much higher next year, and it was all very stressful.

Not sure what I'll do with myself now, but heartiest congrats to all those who got in!

TRIO... You're not out of the race yet! Don't give up hope, you may well get offered a place at the end of July! So keep the faith and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Obviously it would help you if the damn CAO would publish the points cut off for the first round of offers, so you knew whether you stood a chance or not! But I really hope you get something in round 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭estreet girl

I accepted last night:eek::eek:
    May never get the chance again!!!!!
    To hell with the bills:D:)
    I have always wanted this,and to do something I will love.
    Tough times ahead,we will have to tighten our belts in this house:):)
    Beans and toast all the way:P

I accepted last night:eek::eek:
    May never get the chance again!!!!!
    To hell with the bills:D:)
    I have always wanted this,and to do something I will love.
    Tough times ahead,we will have to tighten our belts in this house:):)
    Beans and toast all the way:P

Way to go estreet G! You're right to have accepted... we'll all be struggling to keep our heads above water, but if it's something you're passionate about then you've got to go for it! You'd always regret it if you turned it down!!!

Roll on September!!! YIPEE! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 lol1

Hi

Just wondering about the places for nursing this year. I didn't get any offers on sat for the early round of offers. Really hope that I'll get it in round zero. I got 158 in the written test. Im just wondering did others get places in the upper middle group and get offers already?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lor1975

hi, i applied for midwifery and general in ul and did'nt get an offer, i had 167 points, did anyone get a place there and how many points had ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Neils7

Thanks estreet girl, I am delighted, I can't wait to get started!! I'd say you're excited too, I'll see you around Trinity then...? ;)

Thanks Carla30, I'm sure you'll be offered something in the next round!!

To lol1, I got 148 points and was offered Psychiatric Nursing in TCD, what couses have you applied for??

I applied as a Mature and FETAC student to gen, midwifery and I.D nursing in UL and also to Cork and Galway. I havent heard of anybody really getting offered UL yet?

Miss Chatty

You should definately try and do a Pre Nursing Course. I did one last year and it was excellent. It gives you a chance to get practical experience too. This year I have applied as a mature student and also through my FETAC course. The places through FETAC are few and far between and I heard that there may be further cuts through this route. It is still worth a try though as you never know what will happen at the end of the day. The Pre Nursing course modules usually include Sociology, Anatomy, Care of the special child and nursing, at least these are some of the modules I did.

lol1 wrote: »
    I applied as a Mature and FETAC student to gen, midwifery and I.D nursing in UL and also to Cork and Galway. I havent heard of anybody really getting offered UL yet?

Hi lol1, am surprised you didn't get offered ID, I would be very surprised if it went way up! Last year in UL it was 127pts, and you got 158, so would be unusual to jump that much! Maybe contact CAO!

SandraD

Yeah I think I will do that now, I mean another thing is I havent even got my letter from CAO in the post yet. I thought they would be sending them out regardless of getting an offer or not. Another post said that overall in UL there was only 6-7 places for general mature students this year :eek: Im staying hopeful though as what else can you do. What did you apply to?

• Advertisement

hi lol1,

I got Childrens & General in TCD! As for getting a letter from the CAO, you would only get one posted out to you if you had recieved an offer! But it baffles me that you did not at least get offered I.D. in Limerick or Cork!!! You should have been comfortably been within range of that!

As for general, well you may stand a chance at UCC in the next round of offers! But I couldn't imagine UL going much below what it was last year (170pts)! But if i where you I would query the I.D. nursing in UCC/UL with the CAO and see why you didn't get an offer on that at least!!!

S

Ringing out there the past while I'll try again in a minute. Yeah I'd be very happy with a place thats the way Im looking at it at the moment. Well done on that, you must be delighted!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Curlz

Hi All,

Just been reading through the various posts for those who were accepted. Just wondering how you are all getting on?? Are you finding study/work/finance aspects of it? WHat are the good/not so good bits?!

Look forward to hearing from you all!!!:D:D:D

Advertisement