Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos Pizza

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

itsonlyme wrote: »
    They were out putting menus on car window screens in the ormonde car park today and god knows where else in town...........I thought that practice was outlawed in 1994.

It was in public, but the Ormonde is a private car park, so once they had permission from the owners, they can stick the leaflets where they want in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

i got one on my van outside pet mania about 3.30pm today.... fecking flyers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I never had Domino's before :o.
    They'd have to be pretty good to tear me away from Papa John's though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

anywhere is better than that place!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

there's another place opening on Johns Street, it's called Little Italy. it's not clear if it's just another pizza place.

• Advertisement

If that's where the butchers was, it's going to be a proper sit-sown restaurant from what I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Flannery's [previously known as the Boston Bar] is becoming an Oriental restaurant.

i was looking at Lemon Sols menu yesterday and it had hardly any oriental dishes, odd!

catbear wrote: »
    i was looking at Lemon Sols menu yesterday and it had hardly any oriental dishes, odd!

I thought that had been re-branded as a Mediterranean restaurant?

It was originally Lemongrass, then Lemon Sol, now I think it's Lemonsoul.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Larkins for the best food pizza hutfor the best pizza,.

joes are the best for value for money but whats up with 150 for a can of coke you can get a bootle for that in a shop and its nearly twice as much coke in it.

Ill try the new placeand tell ya what i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Myself and my bf had a pizza from there yesterday. Very very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Nightwish wrote: »
    Myself and my bf had a pizza from there yesterday. Very very nice :)

I had one today and i can say the same very nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kilkennymusic

Tried out Dominos last night, not too bad. They were run off their feet in there anyway. Waited the 15 minutes for the pizza (was collecting it), drove it home, thought with pepperoni and jalepenos it would have been that bit spicier, or hotter (temperature) but not that case.

Still calling the Italian Connection as one of the top pizza takeaways in town.

The meal deals in Dominos aren't too bad, pizza with 3 toppings, 2 drinks and a small garlic pizza for 15 bucks, dinner for two right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The online ordering is now available for Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Got one yesterday too. Wasnt half bad. 10 euro for a 9 inch Meateor when you collect it. Sorted my hangover out anyway! Would still say Extreme have the nicest pizzas but they're bloody expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

got two medium pizzas for 25 euro class great deal great meal thumbs way up yah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I must give them a try. I have kinda gone off delivery pizza since an incident one Friday night with delpappas.

We put in an order bout half 7 and girl said 45 mins, that’s fine.
    1 hour later we call back and she now said that will be there in 10 mins, ok.

20 mins later we call again and she says that he is on the way.

10 mins later delivery guy arrives with pizza and says sorry coz traffic is bad. I don’t believe a word of it as I have driven across town many times at that time of the evening but we can forgive him because we are starving at this stage.

To top it all off, as I opened the box I noticed that it wasn't warm to touch and sure enough it was gone cold and the cheese was practically hard.

Not a good experience and we haven't ordered from them since. Pity coz I like their pizza and would have prev ordered from them quite regularly.

I've since discovered number 14 pizza from joes......and they don’t scrimp on the topping......mmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Having eaten from most Pizzeria's in town, I can say with confidence that Domino's is second only to Pizza hut for taste, and is probably second on price to Mizzonies (spelling :o)

Extreme pizza is my favorite, i love their calzone. i looked at the prices in dominos and thought nah.
    the base is the best.
    i know extreme pizza isn't cheap but with a two for one coupon (mon-thurs) it's a great deal. Mizzononi's not bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

I agree Del Pappas service is quite slow and the staff possess feck all personality when you call in store.

Anyone know if the new owners of Dominos are from Kilkenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I like Extreme pizza myself, great selection of pizzas. But they are too pricey unfortunately, only go there the odd time. Will have to try a Joe's takeaway pizza, getting rave reviews here anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Joe's do a great pizza. Loads of cheese on them....mmm I'm hungry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alfie Boon

I had one today out of Dominos and to be honest I think they are too expensive,albeit nice.
    Uncle Sams miles cheaper and better taste

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

itsonlyme wrote: »
    I agree Del Pappas service is quite slow and the staff possess feck all personality when you call in store.

Anyone know if the new owners of Dominos are from Kilkenny?

Can't remember the name but it looked very polish or russian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Alfie Boon wrote: »
    I had one today out of Dominos and to be honest I think they are too expensive,albeit nice.
    Uncle Sams miles cheaper and better taste
    I agree, they are not worth the money, you'd buy 2 pizzas in sams for that.

Advertisement