Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos Pizza

Options
  • 10-05-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭

Read an ad saying they are opening in KK? In the Green St business centre of all places :confused:...
    I presume that's don't beside where Classic furniture used be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Sure it doesn't really matter where they are based. I'd 99% of their business is deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Silly question but where is Green Street?

The street just over Green's Bridge, before you turn left and head onto Vicar Street and Irishtown.

Classic Furniture is (was) down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

mick_irl wrote: »
    The street just over Green's Bridge, before you turn left and head onto Vicar Street and Irishtown.

Classic Furniture is (was) down there.

Thanks Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

by the way thay will not get planning permission my dad did not get pp for a pizza chan on john st so fat look of tham opening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

They wont turn down domino's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Well you better get down and tell them quick thealltimelow because they have installed half their equipment already and put a brand new 10 foot long Domino's Pizza sign over the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, the place is built already. Passed it yesterday, sign in the window looking for delivery drivers.

Just remember kids, it is cheaper to collect the pizzas, even though it states "no delivery charge" on the menus.

Plus, you usually can get free wedges or garlic bread per pizza when you collect it too.

Plus you dont have to tip the delivery guy :)

Its roughly 50% cheaper to just go to Joe's.

These chains represent extremely poor value for money. If I had €16 I'd rather go into a nice resturaunt and get a beef dinner and a pine than drive away eating a poxy pizza off my lap.

You can get well fed and watered in Joe's for under a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

but whan did kilkenny give out pp that quick by the way the one in dungarvan opened after 3 years and the equipment was there that long and thay will not open on my word

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

but whan did kilkenny give out pp that quick by the way the one in dungarvan opened after 3 years and the equipment was there that long and thay will not open on my word

Oh please :rolleyes:. They obviously have all their planning etc long ago. They're hardly going to set everything up and put ads in the paper about their opening. Do you even know when they first applied for planning? Presumably ages ago at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

fabbydabby wrote: »

These chains represent extremely poor value for money. If I had €16 I'd rather go into a nice resturaunt and get a beef dinner and a pine than drive away eating a poxy pizza off my lap.

Same goes for Empty yer pockets ahem Eddie Rocketts :D. Dinner over in Newpark actually cheaper than them for chips, a burger and a drink.

Ah but they deliver...people will pay not to go have to get there food, I think im the only person in kk who doesn like joe's pizza....now their half pounders...*drool*

And dinner over in the Newpark is about 15% dearer than Dinner in Langton's.

You simply cannot beat the Milkshakes in Eddie Rockets though. Bonerific!

And dinner over in the Newpark is about 15% dearer than Dinner in Langton's.

Dear christ I agree...If only they did banana flavour :(

The Malts are LOVELY. Like their burgers too, esp the sauce. Chips are a pure rip off though and not that nice.

Do Joe's still give out huge portions of chips. Not been there in ages.
    Usually head to the Roma Cafe myself.

Yeah they do.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Vanilla Malt in eddie rockets...
    Joe's Special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

How many pizza places does one town need?

• Advertisement

ztoical wrote: »
    seven. Sevens a good number.

ztoical wrote: »

Uncle Sams FTW!

I agree. Really tasty pizza and decent value too.

Just try not to think about the fact that they knead the dough with their bare hands and in the 10 odd years I have been going in there I have NEVER seen soap in the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Just heard an ad on Today FM, saying the new Domino's is now open in Kilkenny, 12-12 I think and you can order online

It's showing up a Kilkenny branch on their website yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Just heard an ad on Today FM, saying the new Domino's is now open in Kilkenny, 12-12 I think and you can order online

sweet I use the online ordering from extreme pizza whenever I do get a pizza so it'll be nice to have a bit more choice :) .

also yum just remember I got a pizza last night so its left over pizza for dinner tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Domino's is a rip off IMHO

Expensive but lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Just heard an ad on Today FM, saying the new Domino's is now open in Kilkenny

drove past earlier, looked busy enough, delivery guy was carrying a stack of pizza boxes out. Might give it a try later in the week as it will be really easy to park there [hate having take away delivered]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

They were out putting menus on car window screens in the ormonde car park today and god knows where else in town...........I thought that practice of advertising was outlawed in 1994.

Advertisement