Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which would you choose?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If I was buying, I wouldn't alert potential rivals to what I was buying.

First house, probably built sometime 1930-1960 (unusual to have such a small front garden though). Porch added in the 1980s, possibly when the windows were changed. Owner: 50-something working-class married couple or family probably somewhat houseproud and competent at looking after the house, members of the community. Probably has gas heating and SKY. Bad parking. May need redecoration to suit personal tastes.

Second house, probably built sometime around 1900. Roof redone in the 1970s when the attic was converted. Owner: possibly a landlord or 70-something working-class married couple less competent at looking after the house, but it screams "landlord" and may have been in bedsits at some stage in its life. Owner not a member of the community. May have had recent damp problems. Attic room is cold. Probably has gas heating and SKY. Parking nearly as bad, but at least the bus is near by. Bad parking. May need redecoration to suit personal tastes. area may suffer from a lot of low-level anti-social behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

the one with the ginger bricks. Easy choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 raunch

Cinnomen wrote: »
    Hey, Nice to meet you all!
    Well we are looking to move and we have two properties we like, But we cannot decide between the two!
    For a bit of fun I thought Id ask your opinion! So I will add two photos! We do not know when either of them were built so if anyone knows anything about the history of either type of building or when they think they were built this will be cool to hear too!
    Im sorry one photo is rather small.
    And thanks for reading!
    The 2nd one looks the go..

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

bug wrote: »
    the 2nd one looks like a house on South Circular Road, Dublin, or in behind Harolds Cross area, these are older but I couldn't give you a date. I would say possibly 20's.

Closer to 1900's I think, and you can find the same style of house all the in parts of the North Circular Road and Drumcondra too. They usually have pretty big gardens too. My folks live in a similar house and the gardens over 100 feet long. I'd be going for that one but they do tend to be cold as someone else said!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Second house looks well better.
    Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    second one.
    Kiera wrote: »
    2nd
    I second that.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement