Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which would you choose?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey, Nice to meet you all!
    Well we are looking to move and we have two properties we like, But we cannot decide between the two!
    For a bit of fun I thought Id ask your opinion! So I will add two photos! We do not know when either of them were built so if anyone knows anything about the history of either type of building or when they think they were built this will be cool to hear too!
    Im sorry one photo is rather small.
    And thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The council house, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Whats that sam?

How are we supposed to know the history without something to go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Second house looks well better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

2nd for me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Who is "we"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I used to live next door to the 2nd house!

I moved out after the murder though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If both houses are the same price, somebody was probably murdered or died of an overdose in the second house.

EDIT: Beaten to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinnomen

haha funny funny...and moving on.....lol :eek: To all those who put answers that actually make sense thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

definitely the 2nd one! as of age id say its the older of the two!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

2nd house looks like it's in flats, so good chance the houses around it might also be.
    1sr house looks much smaller unless there's a big extension to the back that can't be seen in the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

We can obviously see the second one better, so of course people will say that one.
    Why the side view of the first one,is it a narrow street or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

2nd one is the better but it definitely needs some TLC. With a bit if work it has the potential to be a truly fabulous house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Does the second one have hardwood floors? More details please, I'm a real estate hound!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Neither.

Bleh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

We can obviously see the second one better, so of course people will say that one.

It also looks like a nicer house.

Any details would be welcome.
    wait..
    OP you aren't an estate agent I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Number two, without a doubt.

But do get a surveyor in. I love period property, but it could go horribly wrong very quickly unless you do. Chances are the sale may have nothing untoward about it, but its an investment. Dont rush in.

But def 2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Picture no 2 for the moment.

If you are able to show us the pictures, you could provide us with more information on the houses as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Move to whichever one is on the southside. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I think the second house looks like a homosexual. That might affect the sell on price in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Wait a few years and buy both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Kernel wrote: »
    Move to whichever one is on the southside. ;)

Somebody has been OD'ing on the ROCK.

Thanks guys, Im not sure why the 1st one is taken at the side, I took the second photo with my mobile but not the first someone else did.
    I am yet to see the inside of the second one, I was told it will be refurbished before I move in (If I have it) and that a new gas boiler will be fitted and so on.
    The second one is 3 bedrooms, the first is 2 bedrooms, both are the same rent.

You really need to see the inside of the second one.
    The fact that you were told it needs refurbishment means you should also get your own surveyor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Either the first house is full of bouncy castles and coca-cola slides or the second one smells like faeces on the inside!!

Like the universality of the concept of human beauty, the concept of what houses are more attractive looking is also universal for some reason. Same applies to cars.

Beauty IS NOT in the eye of the beholder, despite what all the ugly people might say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

The 1st one looks like a recent build, but could be Crumlin, Drimnagh, Finglas, ex-tenament relocation housing circa 1940's

the 2nd one looks like a house on South Circular Road, Dublin, or in behind Harolds Cross area, these are older but I couldn't give you a date. I would say possibly 20's.

While the electrics may not be up to scratch these houses have high ceilings and are solid built, if I was buying and had a bit of cash to do it up I'd go for number 2.

Think about refurb costs and garden size for a long term buy.

But you'd really have to give a bit more info before I'd pack my bags :)

bug wrote: »
    The 1st one looks like a recent build, but could be Crumlin, Drimnagh, Finglas, ex-tenament relocation housing circa 1940's

the 2nd one looks like a house on South Circular Road, Dublin, or in behind Harolds Cross area

While the electrics may not be up to scratch these houses have high ceilings and are solid built, if I was buying and had a bit of cash to do it up I'd go for number 2.

But you'd really have to give a bit more info before I'd pack my bags :)
    Thanks I really liked this answer. I guess I will know more when I see inside the second one. For what I could work out from peeping in the windows lol, It has a big hall with stairs as you walk in, first one you walk right into the living room and there isnt a hall. The living room in property two is twice the size, outside the paint is falling off the wall but its double glazed and im sure some paint would fix it up. Number one is clean tidy and painted well, yet number two has character.
    mmmm...tricky...ill let you know how the viewing goes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Good, do.

I know plenty of people in Drimagh-esque houses who are really happy due to the garden size even though the houses are small enough themselves, but very neat. Those houses are very well built too, with the small size compensated by the garden usually.

Plus, you've only neighbours on one side.

The 20's style town houses are airy with high celings. Dependant on what work had been done to it and personally the size of the garden, (as I'm into garden's), it could be a good place.

bear in mind that if they are of the same offering price and one is closer to the city centre than the other, that one is sure to be more defective, because location counts when it comes to price!

Bring a builder with you, or a friend who is a master of all trades is my advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement