Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retraining ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Most dyslexic people are paranoid of spelling mistakes so re-read and double or even triple check what they are writing.

But spell checker are normal dump and don't always help, since the way I typed it is the way I think it should be spelt.

I normally us two different spell-checkers and a thesaurus to make sure the worlds they suggest it the right one I looking for.
    Kiera wrote: »
    No you dont need to put it in your sig but it would be very much appreciated if you used spellcheck. Throwing the dyslexic card around for being lazy is a cop out tbh.
    RoundTower wrote: »
    do get someone to proofread your CV/application letter etc. The poor spelling makes a very unprofessional impression and the person reading it isn't going to think "poor lad he's dyslexic" but rather "why don't we hire someone who actually went to school".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,889 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Boards is supposed to be a bit of fun. Grammar/spelling Nazis are fun sucking bastards and all should go **** off and lighten up. If people on boards wanted to do something that felt like work 9-5 Monday - Friday would be a very quiet time around here.

Advertisement