Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Emily: "What's that noise?"

Norris: "It's the song of the menopause."

Classic Norris line.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

That's a rather slowly spreading fire. Karl is gone at least 10 minutes and it's still confined to that one corner.

Now that at least 2 people know about it, watch it spread 10 times as fast :pac:

Sunita woke up and it still confined to one corner then she gets to the top of the stairs and the whole place is on fire. She also must have super lungs on the floor or not the smoke would've had her by now.

I find it hard that you can't fart on the street without everybody knowing and the whole pub is up in smoke and they're all oblivious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

A Lorra Lorra chest wax was used this weekend it seems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,151 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damn you Norris :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

did tracy say she'd get the dog??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

That's a rather slowly spreading fire. Karl is gone at least 10 minutes and it's still confined to that one corner.

Now that at least 2 people know about it, watch it spread 10 times as fast :pac:

spot on :pac:

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Sunita woke up and it still confined to one corner then she gets to the top of the stairs and the whole place is on fire. She also must have super lungs on the floor or not the smoke would've had her by now.

Sunita can walk around coughing like mad and Stella couldn't get down stairs???? and to be fair she could jump from that height!

Stella dying because of Karl would be better than Sunita

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

What kind of glass is in that window that Stella couldnt break it with the lamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

hollypink wrote: »
    What kind of glass is in that window that Stella couldnt break it with the lamp?

Stupid bint was whacking it with the lampshade bit though lol

• Advertisement

Karl made it into the pub and up the stairs very fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That was farcical but I saw Dr Carter so I'm happy :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

In the preview for Wednesdays episode on TV3,
    when the pub explodes, Paul screams "Darren"
    (whoever that is) so its starting to look like
    the tram crash when one of the victims ended up being a randomer who was on the street.

Decent enough episode, pity Norris didn't arrive a bit later - Jason and Tommy... yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

In the preview for Wednesdays episode on TV3,
    when the pub explodes, Paul screams "Darren"
    (whoever that is) so its starting to look like
    the tram crash when one of the victims ended up being a randomer who was on the street.

Sounded like
    "Toni!"
    to me....

What about Betty's memorial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Alicat wrote: »
    Sounded like
    "Toni!"
    to me....

Rewound it back :o definitely not
    Toni

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Did anybody else find this a bit harrowing? That's a good thing I know - let's make people aware of the dangers of fire! But, when it showed Stella or Sunita unable to escape, I genuinely felt a shiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Somehow it managed to progress upstairs without coming near Sunita in the cellar?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"at least we'll die together". Jesus, just when you thought Karl couldn't get any more creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Did anybody else find this a bit harrowing? That's a good thing I know - let's make people aware of the dangers of fire! But, when it showed Stella or Sunita unable to escape, I genuinely felt a shiver.
    It was very 'hairs standing up on the back of your neck' when Stella got to the window and she was banging it with her hand. Sunita was drunk when she got to the Bistro and she ordered a bottle of wine with one glass just for her plus a double vodka, then she was drinking out the back of the house and when she saw Karl passing on his way to the pub she followed him ,so how did she even wake up in the cellar with the smoke fumes? she should have been well out of it instead of falling from room to room. Why could she not open the door she got to at the end of the stairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Re the back door we saw Karl unlock it from the outside, so it may have been double locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Are Tina and Tommy back together?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No but they are friends I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

jjf1974 wrote: »
    The rovers return is going to find it hard to get fire insurance as this will be the second time it went on fire.other fires on the street were under world and a warehouse which used to be across the road from the rovers.
    There used to be a warehouse across from the Rovers?! :confused:
    hoodwinked wrote: »
    did tracy say she'd get the dog???
    I love that Tracey's first thought was getting Eccles the dog. She can do no wrong from now on in my eyes. :o

I can't wait for Wednesday's episode now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Alicat wrote: »
    Sounded like
    "Toni!"
    to me....

yes sounded like toni to me too....

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Posy wrote: »
    There used to be a warehouse across from the Rovers?! :confused:

I love that Tracey's first thought was getting Eccles the dog. She can do no wrong from now on in my eyes.

I can't wait for Wednesday's episode now!!

The warehouse was part of mike baldwins factory,it burned in 1975 with the loss of 2 lives.
    I cant believe Tracy missed the full monty as she spent half of last week talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

WEll what in the name of jaysus was that? But first, did you see the manky dirty foot on Stella in the bath. The cut of her.

Really and truly did they have to show us the likes of Rita Fairclough & Gloria the comedy Granny baying over a load of young fellas. Rank. Imagine it was Tina & Maria up there and we kept seeing shots of Ken or Brian salivating in the crowd. Now there's an image for you of a Tuesday morning.

Corrie are good at writing a psycho, no doubt, but Kaaaahl's descent into madness has been a bit rushed. Perhaps the departure of Kevin's anorak has forced them to speed it up but he's gone from a bit of cheeky chappy layabout with a wandering eye for a wonderbra to lying in a burning building saying calmly, 'At least we'll die together'.

Dev's grieving can only be a day or so away - it's going to be epic. An actor who uses volume to convey emotion is always a joy to watch. It also leaves him open for a new romance further down the line. Dev doing romantic is also comedy gold. All we need now is for him to hook up with Deirdre again to compound the hilarity.

efb wrote: »

i don't know the media have taken his comments completely out of context...

what he was quoted as saying was
    "If you accept that you are pure love ... and therefore live that pure love, these things won't happen to you."

and the reporter asked
    "To some people that sounds perhaps like you're saying victims bring things on themselves. Is that what you're saying?"

to which he replied
    "No, not quite, but then yes I am. Everything that happens to us is the result of what we have been in previous lives."

i think because of the michael le vell thing they are focusing on child abuse where he was referring more to his beliefs of past lives relating to this life....etc

and referring to sexually active girls who look like they are older than they are.

he explains it as
    During his interview with TVNZ, Roache insisted: "Everyone's innocent until they're proven guilty."

He described paedophilia as "absolutely horrendous" but added: "There's a fringe here ... particularly pop stars who have these groupies, these girls, who are sexually active and sexually mature.

"They don't ask for their birth certificate and they don't know what age they may be.

"They're certainly not grooming them and exploiting them but they can be caught in this trap."

He added: "These people are instantly stigmatised. Some will be innocent and some will not, but until such time as (any offence) is proven, there should be anonymity for both.

"If someone has done something wrong, the law should take its course. But whether they're proven guilty or not, we should never be judgemental about anyone.

"We shouldn't go round condemning. We should be forgiving about everything."

some media outlets are trying to put a spin to make it sound worse than it is imo :(
    http://news.sky.com/story/1066564/roache-abuse-victims-punished-for-past-sins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

jimmyw wrote: »
    I can understand Katy trying to have a bit of "excitement" with someone.I am sure it can be lonely and such stuck in the house all day with the child. Jayney Mack though Chesney would wear your patience sometimes with his pettiness.For a young fella, he is such a chauvinist.Tie the wifey/partner to the bay-be and the kitchen sink while he "provides" for her.He needs to let her out to wind down and enjoy herself, but the knucklehead she picked though.She was wrong though.Fair play to Gary for thumping that loser.

Katy is just another mother with a small baby, next to none of them feel the need to have an affair. It's a baby that she wanted against everyones advice, a baby that she had to convince Chesney that she wanted to have as well. She is hardly lonely, sister and Dad live around the corner, Cafe down the road and all her mates are nearby.

Chesney has a job on the market that sometimes goes well, sometimes doesn't so that's life, but it's one that she sought out for herself and she should learn to accept it, something she can do without having an affair.

If she had some kind of skill or qualification before having the baby she could work as well, but that was something she obviuosly ignored when getting pregnant.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    The rovers return is going to find it hard to get fire insurance as this will be the second time it went on fire.other fires on the street were under world and a warehouse which used to be across the road from the rovers.

No person or building on Coronations Street would get insurance in the real world what with fires, trucks, trams crashing, robberies going wrong, murders, mass murders car accidents and so on. It's a blackspot for Lloyds Insurers. :)
    Duvetdays wrote: »

Sorry to say but I know from experience that smoke and fire both rise quickly, sometimes at frightening speed. best place in a fire is on the floor. I've been in a four storey building where a fire started in a store room at the back of the shop on the ground floor. The shop at the front was barely damaged, basement untouched by fire but destroyed by water from the fire brigade, the rest of the building was totally gutted.

What gets me about the Rovers fire is the amount of explosions, does Stella have a bomb making factory there or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement