Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you just stop thinking?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

He's prolly thinking of typedefing yore ma/sister/brother.
    You could just always lie there and play with yourself instread of talking to him and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

But don't you have to think about counting, therefore haven't stop thinking?
    I think the thinking goes that counting becomes an automatic thing so thinking about counting doesn't count as thinking. But if you ever realised that you were thinking about counting, then that would count, and your count would have to reset from the beginning.

Technically you are thinking about breathing in and out, and your brain is even thinking about every heartbeat it makes, so technically the only way you can stop thinking is when you are dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Gordon wrote: »
    Technically you are thinking about breathing in and out, and your brain is even thinking about every heartbeat it makes, so technically the only way you can stop thinking is when you are dead.

So does it work then? *sets up rope and chair*

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

I'll bet you girls had a "nothing box" like us men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtUH_bHBxs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

S.L.F wrote: »
    I'll bet you girls had a "nothing box" like us men.
    Not quite, we prefer a full one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Abigayle wrote: »

want me to fill it?

Really!!!

I must get your number.

I have some packing to do and I could use someone who has experience at stuffing a box till it is ready to explode.

Really!!!
    I have some packing to do and I could use someone who has experience at stuffing a box till it is ready to explode.

I see what you are trying to do there.. but no. just no.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Really!!!

I must get your number.

Is this an inyourendo?

Cause if it is, you're out of luck, she's a lesbian. The clue's in her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Quite a few people have stop thinking, shame they are running the country.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Dr Watson says its unusual I can detach my mind at will, but I keep telling him its an elementary ability.

I see what you are trying to do there.. but no. just no.

:P

Lesbian huh!!!

Any pics to prove it???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Christ no. I fupping overthink everything

Is this an inyourendo?

My username? Loltastic :pac:

which way you liiiiiike? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

I try it sometimes when I can't sleep!
    Nothin as bad as an E nite! if you know what I mean and you try and blank ur head to sleep. NEVER WORKS THEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Yup, pretty easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

Kiera wrote: »
    Yup i sure can but then again i'm more like a bloke than a girl.

Al Bundy style, couch hanging watching the TV with ur mouth half open, remote in yer hand and preferably one hand halfway down yer pants...

yup. love it. the closest to braindead a living person can get ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

i would love nothing more than to be able to switch off my head/mind when going to sleep or places like the cinema, but I can't!!
    It can really frustrating constantly thinking about stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can think of blackness for maybe 5 seconds, but that's the limit. After that The numbers come in, counting, then the mind deviates and starts thinking about.... stuff. Guns, metal, upcoming holidays, spaceships, anything.... but nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Never in my life have I ever met a woman who cant remember anything I've ever said to her.

That kind of brainpower means that a woman probably never stops thinking.

I on the other hand havent though about anything much since I got home from work. Men are just dozers :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

your always going to think, ive really poor concentration When i was in collage my mind would wonder a lot, etc and In the end i decided to think of a very big white wall, for some reason it works.... and i can concentrate....

but even when I dont want to think i think of a white wall it can help.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Read the Power of Now:
    http://www.amazon.com/Power-Now-Guide-Spiritual-Enlightenment/dp/1577311523

Works wonders for me. I can completely shut off. You disassociate your mind from what you're thinking about - so if you catch yourself thinking about something, you take a step back and observe that you're mind is thinking about something.

Or some hippy sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Is this an inyourendo?

I KNEW IT!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

OP here. Hmmm so apparently some people can ' not think' maybe I should believe him more! I agree with stovelid though, sometimes he just wants me to shut up so he can go to sleep!

Would love to take a poll of who can 'not think' i.e. male or female, seems it's mostly males. Don't know how to do it, can someone put one up please?

Advertisement