Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when the new iphone arrives..

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

cojomo2 wrote: »
    hey Cula long time no see, hows tricks? Was the current iphone 3g available prepay from the start in Italy?Or did it follow some time after bill pay was available like here?

No, released at the same time. As I said, Italians not keen on contracts and would never accept locked phones.

PS, BouyguesTelecom now doing iPhone in France as well as Orange and include among their prices, unlocked SIM-free, contractless, walk-away-its-yours model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

cool...so France is the same story as Italy in that they don't have any network locks on their phones? so would you be confident that as soon as the new iphone hits the shops here, it will be available in Italy prepay?so that could be as soon as next month?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    cool...so France is the same story as Italy in that they don't have any network locks on their phones? so would you be confident that as soon as the new iphone hits the shops here, it will be available in Italy prepay?so that could be as soon as next month?

Yes, France is, except iPhone was not immediately available there on prepay and when it came, was more expensive. Now that two operators are involved, it may be a different story. But now there's a third choice in that it's being offered sim-free to purchase.

As for Italy, you can bet your boots that it will be available there on PAYG the day of its release. But wait and see what the new hardware offers compared the new OS on the existing platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

whats the story with upgrading from the current version to the new version? was there an upgrade option when the 3g came out? i have the 3g and would be interested in getting the new version but not interested enought to pay a fortune for the privilage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just having a look around O2s website,and I notice all White iPhones out of stock.......clearing the decks obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Thing I don't like about O2 tariffs - is that Voicemail is not free (included in your minutes) but more to the point you cannot carry over unused minutes to the next month! Some months you use more minutes than others!

Apple must be a bit p*ssed off that O2 never bothered making moves to implement Visual Voicemail

Go on admit it you work for Vodafone4 or someone.......... good god :eek:

Any chance of O2 losing the Apple deal?

Also with Vodafone - and their plans are much better value than O2!

Not a hope, O2 are the biggest seller of ipods in Ireland, in a market where there are no apple stores O2 fulfil as close as Apple are bothered by selling piles of Apple kit macs, ipods etc and have done for years.

Even huge corps wont bite the hand that feeds em... Vodafone Ireland could only take this imo if they were willing to make 0 profit its no use to them brand wise either because of the aforementioned.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

He doesn't have to work for Voda to feel like that...p*sses me off too, as does the refusal to unlock, the price they charge for phone and tariff and you can't change the battery yourself (not O2s fault, I know)

Not a hope, O2 are the biggest seller of ipods in Ireland, in a market where there are no apple stores O2 fulfil as close as Apple are bothered by selling piles of Apple kit macs, ipods etc and have done for years.

Not for a good few months now, I don't think

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Not for a good few months now, I don't think

Well ya suppose, id eat my hat if Voda got the iphone not a hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Haha no don't work for Vodafone - I am a current Vodafone customer alright, but just don't like O2 price plans (although international webtext is a nicey). Vodafone throw in free add-ons for Vodafone-Vodafone too.

If you look round the networks 175 minutes for €45 is poor in fairness, but if I want an iPhone that's what I have to do (don't want to go down the pre-pay route, too expensive one off payment)

I see AT&T are talking about reducing the cost of their iphone tariffs, O2 should follow suit - Ireland 2009 is a hell of lot different to Ireland 2008 economy wise!

Haha no don't work for Vodafone - I am a current Vodafone customer alright, but just don't like O2 price plans (although international webtext is a nicey). Vodafone throw in free add-ons for Vodafone-Vodafone too.

If you look round the networks 175 minutes for €45 is poor in fairness, but if I want an iPhone that's what I have to do (don't want to go down the pre-pay route, too expensive one off payment)

I see AT&T are talking about reducing the cost of their iphone tariffs, O2 should follow suit - Ireland 2009 is a hell of lot different to Ireland 2008 economy wise!

I'm not convinced Keith !! your posts read like you are 'on the inside'! only jokin, your right though since launch of iphone its been all change and this should be reflected in price - but lack of money never stopped apple over charging in the past.......que post on better quality product here etc etc they are still overpriced, im a victim meself/was a victim of apple Powerbook, ipod, iphone (for a while), nano

Advertisement