Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we leave Cork to its own devices?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    As a Corkonian that lived in Dublin, I can honestly say, that I prefered trying to walk my newborn son arouns Grafton Street than Patricks Street in Cork. Cork is full of arrogant and self centred people.

In Dublinia if an elderly person gets on the Luas/Bus people give them a seat, In Cork tough sh!te, they dont care if your elderly/diabled!

I agree with this.
    Cork people are ignorant and arrogant! I get depressed in cork thats why I use Dublin/Shannon airports!
    I can't stand cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

b28 wrote: »
    I agree with this.
    Cork people are ignorant and arrogant! I get depressed in cork thats why I use Dublin/Shannon airports!
    I can't stand cork!

no i like using cork airport, it means i'm leaving Cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Dare I ask what
    it is you lot have against Cork?
    I visited the county back in '99, had a great time!:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If Cork county wasn't so big we'd have walled it off already.

*in before move to TCN*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

corkie wrote: »
    Cork City Centre is already a little tiny island on the river!

We're actually talking about the entire county here.

• Advertisement

cork people just like to hear the rest of the COUNTRY moan about them as it boosts their pride and popularity. cork is a place i never think about, never want to go and couldn't be arsed with. best thing is to ignore it completely! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

cork people just like to hear the rest of the COUNTRY moan about them as it boosts their pride and popularity. cork is a place i never think about, never want to go and couldn't be arsed with. best thing is to ignore it completely! lol

That's why you posted in this thread.:confused:

zudo wrote: »
    That's why you posted in this thread.:confused:

I was just curious to to what you replied and as from now i cudn't be arsed replyin:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

recycle wrote: »
    Fully agree with Nevore.

But before we go ahead we must ensure the full and safe repatriation of all fellow Dubliners lost to this toilet by the Lee through bouts of decentralisation and what not down thru the years....

In summary

Cork: The Irish Examiner

Dublin: The Irish Times
    Well, fair point, but we have to draw a line. It's like on a sinking ship, if some poor soab is on the wrong side of that one bulkhead that must be sealed to save everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Terry wrote: »
    Apart from the university campaign, you just described Leixlip. Except we have 3 bridges (and an aquaduct) and our once derelict hotels now have guests.

Once HP and Intel pull out, things will get back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

As a Corkonian that lived in Dublin, I can honestly say, that I prefered trying to walk my newborn son arouns Grafton Street than Patricks Street in Cork. Cork is full of arrogant and self centred people.

In Dublinia if an elderly person gets on the Luas/Bus people give them a seat, In Cork tough sh!te, they dont care if your elderly/diabled!

You obviously don't read the Metro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

jesus christ, for a country that had to fight and suffer a couple of hundreds of years for freedom, youd expect less hatered amongst yous...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I guess it's just natural for the two biggest cities to slag each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

Magnus wrote: »
    I guess it's just natural for the two biggest cities to slag each other.

i suppose so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Can't say I've ever noticed any difference whatsoever, apart from the accents - and for every ear-piercing Cork accent on Patrick Street there's a bint with an ear-bleeding contrived posh accent hanging out by BT/BT2, Grafton Street. But you're from Cork and hate Cork - based on... probably your own personal experiences. But blame the geographical location and most of its people, that's the sensible thing to do...
    Cork people are ignorant and arrogant!
    All of us? That's interesting... :rolleyes:

All the "drown the Cork ****ers" comments are just funny, but stuff like the above, which is actually serious, is beyond idiocy...

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I like Dublin I live there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I just think its funny that there is yet another thread about how much dubs hate us corconians....seriously..have ye nothing better to do with yer time than to be thinking of what ye hate most about us...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Femelade wrote: »
    I just think its funny that there is yet another thread about how much dubs hate us corconians....seriously..have ye nothing better to do with yer time than to be thinking of what ye hate most about us...
    Perhaps you're not familiar with what the rest of the world knows as "the Irish condition"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Nevore wrote: »
    Perhaps you're not familiar with what the rest of the world knows as "the Irish condition"?

Do enlighten me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

We should supervise and study these Corkonians in order to see what nutrients their primitive brains may provide for the rest of us norms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fantastic idea. Should have done it decades ago.

31 counties ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Smart Bug wrote: »
    We should supervise and study these Corkonians in order to see what nutrients their primitive brains may provide for the rest of us norms.

Why would you want nutrients from primitive brains,surely you should study what nutrients your superior brain can provide for the less cerebral.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I don't mind cork people as long as I don't hear them.

There are two accents that go through me, the London cockney accent and the cork accent.

Just another quick point for cork people:

I checked the dictionary and there is no word "ye" in there. perhaps you mean "you" or "you all" ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No. Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Why would you want nutrients from primitive brains,surely you should study what nutrients your superior brain can provide for the less cerebral.

Typically Irish that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

hobochris wrote: »
    I checked the dictionary and there is no word "ye" in there. perhaps you mean "you" or "you all" ???

I think somebody broke your dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

hobochris wrote: »
    Ditto yiz/yis/yous.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

You know Cork folk and Dublin folk can talk s**t about each other as much as they want but deep down each knows that if the other one where to be wiped off the map tomorrow, they would miss the old enemy. Just like Tom and Gerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was going to give a sensible, rational reply as to why my home county of Cork should not be it's own country. However, that other Cork thread has thought me that every Cork person is a loud, ignorant, arrogant arsehole who pisses on other people's stuff when on holiday.

Therefore, my reply shall have to be:
    "Aw yeah biy, shur Cark is da real capital anyway like, shur every feen knows dat biy!
    Fuccin Dublin langers can feck off like, fuccin' scandalous city. And as for da rest of the fuccin' country, fuccin backwards culchies with sh!te GAA teams.
    Like y'know yerself dat Cark is fuccin SAVAGE. People's Republic of Cark for da motherfuccin' WIN!!1!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Rebel021 wrote: »

I'm not a giving tree, I'm a taking tree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement