Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts Forum Day Out - June 13th Bray Fishing Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

paulcorr wrote: »
    Fair play to the lad that bet me dave byrne good player we both scored well in first leg he got the double in second leg i started 100 100 100 99 couldnt finish he held in there and took out the double see he got to the semi final i had to go early (TAKE THAT)

Hope you enjoyed the gig Paul!;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed the gig Paul!;):P
    brilliant thanks best ever was even worth missing the rest of the darts for

brilliant thanks best ever was even worth missing the rest of the darts for

Sounds like it was great!;):D Some cracking matches tonight, we'll have to do this again! I'll be more organised next time!:D

Doubles Semi Finals results

Glen Fitzpatrick/ Martin O'Connell (iseethelight) bt Mousey McGrain/ Paul Tobin (ratinakeg)

Tom Quirk (Rented Mule)/ Andy Poole (AndyP) bt Aiden Cuffe (dionsiseire)/ Alan Tobin

Final Result

Glen Fitzpatrick/Martin O'Connell bt Tom Quirk/Andy Poole
    Poor old andy beaten in both finals

Poor old andy beaten in both finals

€40 is not to be sniffed at, he did produce some magic darts all the same!:D

Disappointed with my second leg against him, so many missed doubles!:(:D As he is a great player he capitalized on my woes!:(:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

s.t.d nanny passed away to nite.r.i.p.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

must a been the bear suit rat

blossom180 wrote: »
    s.t.d nanny passed away to nite.r.i.p.

I'm sorry to hear that. R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bettyswollox

very enjoyable day rat. must say i was very surprised by the
    standard of darts. if u were to pick a monday nite borough
    league team from yesterday u would have a very serious team
    on ur books. excellent by all.

very enjoyable day rat. must say i was very surprised by the
    standard of darts. if u were to pick a monday nite borough
    league team from yesterday u would have a very serious team
    on ur books. excellent by all.

Ah there was some cracking darts thrown, also had a great laugh, I'll be more organised next time as it was my first time organising something like this, cheers for the help lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Well lads i have only just made it home from the day out ( or was it day, night, day?? ) and i gotta say it was a brilliant day out. Fair play to Paul and Alan for setting up and thanks to all for a cracking day's darts.

D.T you are a legend mate , fantastic darts . Really enjoyed the final.

You should now change your name to Double 10 seeing as you crucified me on it LOL

Got my revenge in the singles though ha ha

I.C.U , mate that was a savage game in the singles and only for your doubles you had me stuffed ;)

Looking forward to the next outing :D

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Well lads i have only just made it home from the day out ( or was it day, night, day?? ) and i gotta say it was a brilliant day out. Fair play to Paul and Alan for setting up and thanks to all for a cracking day's darts.

You should now change your name to Double 10 seeing as you crucified me on it LOL

I.C.U , mate that was a savage game in the singles and only for your doubles you had me stuffed ;)

Cheers Daffy!:D I've a bit of a hangover today mate but it's worth it after a great day!:D:p I'll leave it to someone else to set up one next, hope it's soon but I'll set up another one over the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

Gentlemen- What a day - Good craic great darts and a sore arm from marking that final - Great game

I watched a few games and have to say the standard was very impressive - Like Daffy not long home and suffering after hitting Temple Bar last night ( Glutton is I )

Its a Pity couldnt stay for the Doubles I might still be there if we hadnt left

I was well happy with how i played in patches not bad for a lad that dont play in a league me thinks

A Lot of lads impressed - JR - ICU - Dionsiseire and Double top were just the names that come to mind.

I suppose it is the attraction of the game that all the games were very close and a miscount or a slack dart decided the match

Ok lads think its time for the sofa
    Cant wait for the next day out

objj52 wrote: »
    Gentlemen- What a day - Good craic great darts and a sore arm from marking that final - Great game

I watched a few games and have to say the standard was very impressive - Like Daffy not long home and suffering after hitting Temple Bar last night ( Glutton is I )

Its a Pity couldnt stay for the Doubles I might still be there if we hadnt left

I was well happy with how i played in patches not bad for a lad that dont play in a league me thinks

A Lot of lads impressed - JR - ICU - Dionsiseire and Double top were just the names that come to mind.

I suppose it is the attraction of the game that all the games were very close and a miscount or a slack dart decided the match

Ok lads think its time for the sofa
    Cant wait for the next day out

Well you have to be good to be Daffys darts sparring partner!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

Daffy501 wrote: »

thanks mate ..super darts all day get ya in the next one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Great day out at the auld Fisherman's Club....and the price of the drink wasn't oo bad either.

There was a couple up at the bar who were hell bent on getting me ****faced between the singles and doubles !!

She kept referring to her son as 'the rat'. LOL

I had a great time. Wish I would have been up to form. Andy let me steal a leg in the opening round of the singles, and I opened with a Ton40 in the decider, but it was downhill after that. I couldn't hit my age after that LOL

Andy truly deserved to win that one.

He got stuck with me in the doubles. If I could have been any help, he may have won one final on the day.

One of the highlights of the night was me winning 'spot the ball'. I have no idea how much I won, but I could barely walk with all of the coin in my pocket at the end of the night.

We need to organise something like that once a month.

Great day out at the auld Fisherman's Club....and the price of the drink wasn't oo bad either.

There was a couple up at the bar who were hell bent on getting me ****faced between the singles and doubles !!

She kept referring to her son as 'the rat'. LOL

I had a great time. Wish I would have been up to form. Andy let me steal a leg in the opening round of the singles, and I opened with a Ton40 in the decider, but it was downhill after that. I couldn't hit my age after that LOL

Andy truly deserved to win that one.

He got stuck with me in the doubles. If I could have been any help, he may have won one final on the day.

One of the highlights of the night was me winning 'spot the ball'. I have no idea how much I won, but I could barely walk with all of the coin in my pocket at the end of the night.

We need to organise something like that once a month.

She was told that day what my username was, LOL!!!:D:D:D

I'd be up for another tournament, hopefully it's soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Sounds like a great day lads fair play to rat for organising this, ill defo be at the next one couldnt go saturday as it was the mots birthday:rolleyes:

matty84 wrote: »
    Sounds like a great day lads fair play to rat for organising this, ill defo be at the next one couldnt go saturday as it was the mots birthday:rolleyes:

You're more than welcome Matty!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

Fair play Rat, you organised a great day out. We'll have to rope you into organising another one soon:D

Well done to daffy and double top in the boards final, ive never witnessed two lads throw consistently great darts over such a long format

• Advertisement

davb wrote: »
    Fair play Rat, you organised a great day out. We'll have to rope you into organising another one soon:D

Well done to daffy and double top in the boards final, ive never witnessed two lads throw consistently great darts over such a long format

Cheers again david and thanks for the tourament sheets!:D I don't mind setting up another one down the Fishing Club as it was a great day but there was talk on Saturday of the next one being in north Dublin! You played some cracking darts to reach the semi. Fair play mate!:D

Cheers again david and thanks for the tourament sheets!:D I don't mind setting up another one down the Fishing Club as it was a great day but there was talk on Saturday of the next one being in north Dublin! You played some cracking darts to reach the semi. Fair play mate!:D

Cheers Paul, you didnt play too badly yourself, I caught the second leg of your match against andyp where you had him on the ropes

Cheers Paul, you didnt play too badly yourself, I caught the second leg of your match against andyp where you had him on the ropes
    I had you on the ropes the ref had counted to 9 and you still bloody beat me ha ha

Cheers mate, that's darts for ye, something has to go wrong at some stage, I screwed it up on the doubles in that leg! I played well in my first doubles match but I was too drunk in the semi final and thought I let my team mate down as he was playing well!:(:D

I had you on the ropes the ref had counted to 9 and you still bloody beat me ha ha

Thats the 'oul long grass for ya;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Good morning all. Great day on saturday down in bray. I havent been there for years. As others have said that was some darts from the 2 lads in the final. The consistency over 19 legs was staggering. I'd love to know what the end averages were must of been high. Great stuff.

I didn't play that well but was carried to the doubles win. Its the first time I spent all day in a pub stayed sober, had a great time and went home richer:)

Many thanks to rat for a great set up

Good morning all. Great day on saturday down in bray. I havent been there for years. As others have said that was some darts from the 2 lads in the final. The consistency over 19 legs was staggering. I'd love to know what the end averages were must of been high. Great stuff.

I didn't play that well but was carried to the doubles win. Its the first time I spent all day in a pub stayed sober, had a great time and went home richer:)

Many thanks to rat for a great set up

Cheers Martin!:)

Ah we'll do it again, hopefully soon mate! If it's in north Dublin I'll be there but if we can't get a venue up there, I can easily get the Fishing Club again.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Sorry for bumpin this thread back to the top but just felt i had to say somethin bout last week;) Eh............................................................................................................................................................................Thanks for the money lads hahaahahahahaha:D Jus kiddin fair play ratinakeg the fishermans club was a great spot and the tournaments were well organised for your first time so good on ya man;) Sorry to the lad i said i wud mark the boards final to by the way:D The smile on my face when i heard it was first to 9 and not best of 9 went from this :) to :D when i realised what i had missed! Bring on the next one lads jus hope i can remember the next one

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Sorry for bumpin this thread back to the top but just felt i had to say somethin bout last week;) Eh............................................................................................................................................................................Thanks for the money lads hahaahahahahaha:D Jus kiddin fair play ratinakeg the fishermans club was a great spot and the tournaments were well organised for your first time so good on ya man;) Sorry to the lad i said i wud mark the boards final to by the way:D The smile on my face when i heard it was first to 9 and not best of 9 went from this :) to :D when i realised what i had missed! Bring on the next one lads jus hope i can remember the next one
    not raining on the parade but i dont think the boards final should be played at the next especially over such a long distance lads were getting a bit bored waiting around and then the comp started it was only the best of 3 so if you lost you stood around for an hour and a half then played for five mins then stood around for another couple of hours thats the only fault i could see other than that fair play to rats you learn as you go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

I no what ya mean paul it didnt really work out but it was decided ages ago that was goin to happen it just went on longer than expected we shud have organised a little game of killers or somethin ourselves on the other board keep us goin but as ya say ya live an learn

Advertisement