Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Dib Dib Dib - FAO of Kayroo

Options
  • 03-05-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

As many of you know, tonight we ran a private tournament on Pokerstars in aid of the scouts. Kayroo was looking for a fundraiser so we set-up a $20 STT on stars and we had 28 takers. Because people were giving up their time, the small rule we put in place was that the people that finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd could keep $40 and ship the rest back.

Thr prize pool was $560, minus the $120 leaves $440 for the Kayroo project. I also received a very generous donation of $150 from Semibluff, so the total raised was $590.

The €€€ equivalent to this is €445.

Trippie offered to use his account for the transfer of funds so everyone who cashes is shipping the cash across to his account and, on behalf of the lads on the poker forum, he'll give Kayroo the money raised next time he sees him.

The tournament started at 8.30 irish tim tonight and is still going on as we speak. It started with the following 28 players..

White Knight, Oleras, KevK, Damo72, ArmaniJeanss, ocallagh, Hoki, Smoothcall, 5starpool, Trippie, Gillybean72, Strewelpeter, Jayminator, Killme00, Macspower, Digiman, tmck?, Cooker3, Flushdraw, Lazare, Rx8, TommyGunne, ElectraBlue, BigCityBanker, Smurph, Conbro, Roadsweeper, HectorJelly

Myself and Gillian sent Pms to over 100 boardsies. We will have missed a lot of people, so apologies for anyone that would have liked to contribute but didnt get a chance to play. If anyone would still like to contribute, you can transfer $20 to Trippie01 on stars and that will go towards a good cause and help to give some disadvantaged kids a chance to continue with the scouts.

Thanks to ocallagh for originally suggesting the idea. Thanks to Gillybean72 for expanding the idea and taking it further, and for also sending out PMs and helping with the while organising of the event. Thanks to Trippie for allowing us to use his account for holding funds, and thanks to all the guys at boards for taking part.

We started the final table about 9.30 and its still ongoing. The FT looked like this so if anyone wants to rail teh conclusion, its tournie ID 158239591

ps11.jpg

psres.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5th, my AK no match for AQ aipf, one of the basic rules of Stars these days.
    Flopped a set early against RoadSweeper but never got to do a slowroll :mad:

Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

$44.80 transferred to Trippie01, let me know if theres any problem.

Tony, I cannot believe ye went to all this trouble. Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it.

One thing though, Trippie: you are a degenerate degenerate man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Tony, I cannot believe ye went to all this trouble. Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate it.

One thing though, Trippie: you are a degenerate degenerate man.

No probs Keith. Was a joint effort from everyone here. rag2gar offered his account too. I should have played the safe option and picked his ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

4th place monies of 67.20 shipped to Trippie01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

sorry tony, haven't been around, just got message.

dom can u please lodge 20 bucks into the correct account and i'll give u 21 euro? too tired to do it myself.

appreciate it The Dominator!

edit: cheeky of me dom but this is a work laptop and i'd have to install crap on it to do it, i'm not just being lazyass

Flushdraw wrote: »
    No probs Keith. Was a joint effort from everyone here. rag2gar offered his account too. I should have played the safe option and picked his ha!

As a Scout leader I spend a lot of time around people who regularly volunteer as a matter of course but every time I think I've seen the limit of people's ability to look beyond their own needs and help others I am surprised again and again.

Thank you all so much.

And we have a result...vwp all and cheers for the support. Good to see there's a still a community amongst the people of boards

result.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

$134.40 shipped to said account! Good luck with the trip Kayroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Great fun.

My river play was bad but I convinced myself it was for charity :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

224 shipped...and i finally had a pee....:pac:

Someone wished me luck a few days ago at the tables....it must have worked !!

Fair play to everyone that cashed for sending the full amount to the holding account. wp lads, very generous.

Thats $710 including Donals $150 so we have €534 and if we get $20 from Doc, we are now up to €550 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Great result! Thanks everyone for the support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Great fun.

Speaking of which, who is slowplaying who here....lol

PokerStars Game #27780761591: Tournament #158239591, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2009/05/03 15:39:34 ET
    Table '158239591 4' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
    Seat 1: demacc (1440 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 2: oleras (1610 in chips)
    Seat 4: JohnPio (2669 in chips)
    Seat 5: cooker3 (1410 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 6: Lazare (1410 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 7: tmck (1410 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 8: NoelHayes (2031 in chips)
    Seat 9: conbro (1400 in chips)
    NoelHayes: posts small blind 10
    conbro: posts big blind 20
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to oleras [9c 9d]
    demacc: folds
    oleras: raises 60 to 80
    JohnPio: folds
    cooker3: folds
    Lazare: folds
    tmck: folds
    NoelHayes: folds
    conbro: calls 60
    *** FLOP *** [9h 9s Js]
    conbro: checks
    oleras: checks
    *** TURN *** [9h 9s Js] [8h]
    conbro: bets 100
    oleras: calls 100
    *** RIVER *** [9h 9s Js 8h] [3h]
    conbro: bets 220
    oleras: raises 460 to 680
    conbro: raises 540 to 1220 and is all-in
    oleras: calls 540
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    conbro: shows [Jd Jh] (a full house, Jacks full of Nines)
    oleras: shows [9c 9d] (four of a kind, Nines)
    oleras collected 2810 from pot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

$90 shipped to trippie. Goodluck Kieth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I've received all the cash now i only have to stay away from the plo tables long enough to withdraw it. Im going to hold onto the cash for a day or so in case anyone else wants to donate the 20 quid. If you do its Trippie01 on stars to send it to.

cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

wp to tony and gillian for setting this up.

By the way just so HectorJelly doesn't think I am being rude and not sending him a PM saying thank you; the popular git's inbox is full so I can't send him one.

So: Thank you HJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

LOL I almost made FT sitting out ...gotta love boardsie tourneys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

sh1t forgot about this $22 sent to Trippie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

EEek, havent been on boards for a few days and totally forgot about this. Will ship monies to Gordon now as I totally intended playing. Soz soz soz soz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

By the way just so HectorJelly doesn't think I am being rude and not sending him a PM saying thank you; the popular git's inbox is full so I can't send him one.

So: Thank you HJ.

That explains why HJ hasnt responded to any of my pms about the HU match. Wp Tony and Gillian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

As a former 'Cub of the Year' from the Finglas branch (yes I still have the plaque) I'd like to donate $30, tell me who or where to ship it to. I can do a €25 BT if needed

RasTa wrote: »
    As a former 'Cub of the Year' from the Finglas branch (yes I still have the plaque) I'd like to donate $30, tell me who or where to ship it to. I can do a €25 BT if needed

Cheers Rasta...You can ship to Trippie01 on stars. ty

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

$20 shipped from me to trippie01 on behalf of Des.

I can't believe that I made the final table by not being there. My best performance of the weekend imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Cheers Rasta...You can ship to Trippie01 on stars. ty

Shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Oh **** i had totally forgot about this :o well done to everybody who ended up playing this. I have no money online is it possible to donate in any other way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

was out at a marathon back to back cinema session. (I'm such a flicks degen)

20 shipped to Trippie01.

*don't even like scouts but I do feel for poor people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Feck me, never even knew about this tournie! $20 transferred to Trippie01 nevertheless. To echo the rest, well done to Tony and the others involved in this good cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Hi Tony,

I got the Pm from Gill and totally forgot, will you be around next weekend at the Masters and I will give you €50 for the this.

Advertisement