Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid and beautiful or smart and ugly

Options
  • 03-05-2009 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

which would you choose...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Stupid and beautiful.

Smart people seem to have the tough end. Ignorance is bliss, so the saying goes, and I firmly believe that. At least dumb people don't know they're dumb, and since they're beautiful they get everything in life taken care of for them, it's win win.

If you're smart you know you're ugly, you gotta work extra hard for everything, and you realise how shíte life has the capability of being.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Where is the option for smart and beautiful - we're out there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Question: which one would take it up the ass?

Question: which one would take it up the ass?

the stupid one more than likely

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5016272/Men-would-rather-date-beautiful-bimbos-than-ugly-clever-women-finds-survey.html

I'd definitely do Chantelle, but I wouldn't discuss matters of philosophy with her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

beauty fades with age, although you can get surgery for that. There's no fixing stupid...
    but even saying that, ugly is ok. I mean people change after you get to know them. They start to look different imo. Can't imagine being too bored with a smart one then hearing the same smut from the stupid one over and over. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Do you mean which would you rather be, or which would you rather be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

35notout wrote: »
    Pics of GTFO :pac:
    (had to be done. Dont judge me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

kevogy wrote: »
    which would you choose...

Depends what purpose you have in mind? :confused:

Tho if you are talking about a date (plus vigorous sex afterwards) and the options were the two extremes of Chantelle Hougton and Gail Trimble, then I would choose Trimble every time. Trimble is actually better looking than Houghton anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Who is Chantelle? Is she smart? Because she looks like a transexual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I think a strong balance between the 2 is important.A woman who is nice and smart enough to hold a reasonable conversation but is,at the same time,hot enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Its the same old argument, beauty AND intelligence are in the eye of the beholder!!!! Who would be with someone they thought was stupid anyway!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

we live in an age where everything is dumbed down and the stupid are revered , jade goody anyone , more tv shows are made for the dumb than the bright

stupid and beautifull means a life of money , adoration and status among the majority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

I think I am hot and smart with a few "blonde moments" :)
    In a partner: Hot, smart and funny

I am very shallow :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Goes without saying really.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Meh that survey is hardly news really, men go for looks as a primary trigger and women while attracted to looks look for other things.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

35notout wrote: »

More blasphemy....call the police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

Stupid & Beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Who is Chantelle? Is she smart? Because she looks like a transexual.

Thats the one that Defoe is lamping. She and that Channelle twat was in Mexico recently, causing him and the team to have to be checked out for the Pig flu virus. Shes a disease in general. So is that other yoke.

Afaik Chantelle had a heap of jobs done on her, so dick removal would be no great surprise to me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Afaik Chantelle had a heap of jobs done on her,

Classic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

liah wrote: »
    Stupid and beautiful.

Smart people seem to have the tough end. Ignorance is bliss, so the saying goes, and I firmly believe that. At least dumb people don't know they're dumb, and since they're beautiful they get everything in life taken care of for them, it's win win.

If you're smart you know you're ugly, you gotta work extra hard for everything, and you realise how shíte life has the capability of being.

I don't understand that statement.

How does being beautiful mean you don't have to pay your bills or invest in a pension?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

neoB wrote: »
    beauty fades with age, although you can get surgery for that. There's no fixing stupid...
    but even saying that, ugly is ok. I mean people change after you get to know them. They start to look different imo. Can't imagine being too bored with a smart one then hearing the same smut from the stupid one over and over. :rolleyes:

True, but I still wouldn't trade my "beauty" for more brains. It fades, sure, but it's incredibly valuable when you have it. The fact that it fades doesn't detract from its value IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

stupid and beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

How does being beautiful mean you don't have to pay your bills or invest in a pension?

If you were smart you would have figured that out for yourself. If you were beautiful you'd already know

*runs like hell*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Abigayle wrote: »
    Thats the one that Defoe is lamping.

There's a theory that a lot of the black England footballers get white WAGs in order to help raise their social status. Defoe should have checked the goods first before ordering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    There's a theory that a lot of the black England footballers get white WAGs in order to help raise their social status. Defoe should have checked the goods first before ordering.

Im glad you didnt use her name in that post. Her name and 'goods' wouldnt work together.. I'd be all for anybody checking out the goods befor buying, tbph.

This may be a good time to bring up your avatar though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Ah sure, a lot of stupid but pretty girls do well getting by on solely their looks. It isn't really that hard. They just become trophy wives or golddiggers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'm not particularly smart nor beautiful.

I'd go with with being better looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

liah wrote: »
    Ah sure, a lot of stupid but pretty girls do well getting by on solely their looks. It isn't really that hard. They just become trophy wives or golddiggers or something.

Just because they're stupid doesn't mean they're calculating. Just because they're pretty doesn't mean they'd be happy as no more than decoration.

Stupid and pretty doesn't = goldigging wag wannabe

Doesn't even mean they aren't nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

My girlfriend has both, so...

Advertisement