Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernova Elite

Options
  • 03-05-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Am sure bigmickg is gonna be sick to see this, but stars are basically giving away Supernova status to UK Players. Just need to generate 7200 VPPS in May and u get 80k extra points added to you account. Even at micro stakes, shud be easy enuf to complete.

[HTML]http://www.pokerstars.com/uk/poker/promotions/may-special/?utm_id=4[/HTML]

4 Tabling all day 2 moro! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

mocata wrote: »
    Am sure bigmickg is gonna be sick to see this, but stars are basically giving away Supernova status to UK Players. Just need to generate 7200 VPPS in May and u get 80k extra points added to you account. Even at micro stakes, shud be easy enuf to complete.

[HTML]http://www.pokerstars.com/uk/poker/promotions/may-special/?utm_id=4[/HTML]

4 Tabling all day 2 moro! :D

wow thats sick:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Is Ireland included in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Certainly hope so for you guys. My account is registered in north, so dunno if that makes any difference. I got an email and also get the pop-up when i log in to stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

I emailed them, Ireland is excluded. Also, Supernova and SNE are totally different things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

would anyone know how many hands roughly at 100NL would be need to get 7200 VPPs ?

• Advertisement

I'd imagine about 30-40k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

sikes wrote: »
    would anyone know how many hands roughly at 100NL would be need to get 7200 VPPs ?
    mocata wrote: »
    Just need to generate 7200 VPPS in May and u get 80k extra points added to you account. Even at micro stakes, shud be easy enuf to complete.

If 7200 VPP as above = 20 hours 4 tabling according to http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

seems achievable, espicially if i can 8 table. wondering if its worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

sikes wrote: »
    seems achievable, espicially if i can 8 table. wondering if its worth it?

Is there any great reward for supernova?

I thought you had to get to 200K etc for milestone bonuses for it to be worthwhile?

(disclaimer : I haven't looked at their VIP program since new year which is further in the past than my effective memory retention by 4 months)

It almost brings stars into line with sites i have RB deals from. Having said that though, it will take me a bit of effort to get the 7200 points, but more importantly to keep the 10k p/m going to sustain the SN. This will pretty much entail me moving all my play to stars though for the forseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

think if you qualify for the wsop on there you get the same

Yeah if u qualify on stars and wear the gear u get 100k VPPs added to your account. I think this is to help people on the road to SN elite status tho, which as valor says is a whole different league altogether. Also maybe to give their existing elites a "holiday period" with the pressure to grind points taken off.Am sure R4AD and mick would certainly appreciate that part of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

As mentioned Supernova and SNE are 2 very very different beasts...

although in saying that 7200 does seem very little for Supernova...

and with the good chance if you get the 7200 points they will also honour the agreement I'd say go for it if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

I know we all hate when people mistake us up as being part of the UK but damn why couldn't Pokerstars make the mistake this time! This would be very handy for me.
    Anyone got an email for someone at stars (other than the normal support) that i/we can convince of the merits of adding eire to this promo?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

valor wrote: »
    I emailed them, Ireland is excluded.
    jonnner wrote: »
    I know we all hate when people mistake us up as being part of the UK but damn why couldn't Pokerstars make the mistake this time!

Was just thinking that myself, so many other American companies you'd ring up and say "I'm from Dublin/Cork/Galway, does this apply to me?" and they'd say of course 'Its applies to all UK citizens".

We should try get something together

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

why did single out the uk in the first place and not any other european country?

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    why did single out the uk in the first place and not any other european country?

They've probably done an analysis and realised that they don't have as high a market share in the UK as in other countries. Thinking about I rarely come up against people from Britain, seems to be far more minraising muppets from France and Spain, countries with similar population.

Possibly because a lot of 'British' poker skins have football jersey sponsorship, like 365, Betfred, Mansion and Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

I emailed them asking 5/6 days ago when I first found out and this was the reply....

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your email.

We appreciate your point of view but we hope you can understand that
    under no circumstance are 'preferring' any of our customers over others.

The fact of the matter is that our marketing department creates
    different promotions for different demographics, considering that we
    have so many players world wide. In some cases, before a promotion can
    be released worldwide, we must first test it in one country to
    determine how popular it is and what our costs and benefits are. We are
    planning to run this particular one in the UK for this month and then
    review the results.

We can understand how you would be frustrated for not being able to take
    advantage of this particular one, but rest assured it has never been our
    intention to make any player feel left out or excluded.

I then asked them what offers they gave specifically to Irish players and they just replied with
    "We have Instant Cash Credits for the whole poker world. ". Total bs imo and i'm not happy!!!

don't really wanna start a new thread and since we're talking about pokerstars already.... anyone having problems after their latest update?
    their player search and tourney search and looking up cashier is taking very long for me.... might just be me

• Advertisement

dougee19 wrote: »
    anyone having problems after their latest update?
    their player search and tourney search and looking up cashier is taking very long for me.... might just be me

Cashier function is fine for me, (other than the amount is relentlessly spiralling downwards.)
    Only difference I could see in this update was a new red button showing 'Pending cashouts', it shouldn't have affected anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

Seems fair enough to me. They have to do test runs on these things. Of course i might just think this because i have a UK account.:pac::pac:

Also not many UK players got to take part in the amazing free ticket leprechaun promo so fair's fair. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

since i downloaded the update the tourneys on the main tourney page are stuck at the time i logged in at

i.e : running tournaments are staying on the registering page even though they are on for hours .

Very annoying as i have to check the time then scroll down a nice bit to the upcoming to reg for one

stars complete crash!!!! knew there was something wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

One of the big US sites is starting a new Advertising campaign in the UK this week and they only got a UK licence issue last week, read this on PokerNews etc. So maybe the offer as something to do with the launch of this site on the UK market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

ye bit pissed off this isnt in ireland tbh as it makes gettin elite a fair bit easier. great promotion for the brits going for elite though especially with the wsop 100k vpp thingy. basically all they have to get for the year now is 820k vpps.or $164k in rake. if ur already elite in britain and u maintain it this year by using these and getting 820k vpps. i reckon it works out as well over 80% rakeback!!!!! pretty sick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

dougee19 wrote: »
    stars complete crash!!!! knew there was something wrong :D
    THATS IT.... they let the brits in... they break everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

forgot to mention this. was talking to an obv sick sick degen at the supernova elite freeroll in monte carlo. asked him what games he plays. he replies 50c $1 cash games!!!! im like wtf?? are u serious?? hes like ye i play 30 tables usually. i asked how many hands did u have to play to get elite? wait for it....... 2.7 million hands in 1 year! :eek: lol absolutely sick imo. prob the 1st time hed been outdoors in the past year i reckon. just thought id share this as i thought it was insane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    forgot to mention this. was talking to an obv sick sick degen at the supernova elite freeroll in monte carlo. asked him what games he plays. he replies 50c $1 cash games!!!! im like wtf?? are u serious?? hes like ye i play 30 tables usually. i asked how many hands did u have to play to get elite? wait for it....... 2.7 million hands in 1 year! :eek: lol absolutely sick imo. prob the 1st time hed been outdoors in the past year i reckon. just thought id share this as i thought it was insane

lol, I was a guy at a HU table who got his SNE last year while playing limit holdem and it wasn't high stakes either.

• Advertisement

BIGMICKG wrote: »

yeah my friend is 24 tabling on .10/.25 which I also think is pretty sick, 24 is the max amount of cash tables though.....

Advertisement