Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The first reply of any After Hours thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Very good engrish daniel son!

daniel-san <ダニエルさん>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

ok wheres me thanks??????

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This type of threads just re-inforces why I rarely visit 'After Hours'.

It's either threads complaining about moderators, asking how much moderators get paid, applying for a moderator position or it's pissing and moaning about 'Thanks' / downtime etc.

Save this type of muck for Feedback... at least there the thread is made interesting by LOLcats.

Here.. it's just pointless, drawn-out for 18 pages with the same conversation and terms thrown about ("I rarely thank.. although I do like getting thanked", "I don't want this post thanked.. or do I?", "it's all about quality, not quantity", "is that a freckle or a boil?!") and it goes no-where.

So, in summary: Thanks = chewing gum for the eyes!

TJJP wrote: »
    daniel-san <ダニエルさん>

'Shirlie' I deserve a thanks for that...

ill give ya a shirlie - will you thank me for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i usually look at the replied/viewed ratio before i open an AH thread.
    the lower the ratio, the better my 02 wireless broadband is working.

I shirlie will.... (sheesh another post wasted, heading for 450 in 5 years...)

20 in 4 years you do need a count up so next post i shall do the honours for ya

*Should be noted that Swine Flu jokes also seem to be getting overused now

Hmmm.. I know what you mean. I've seen some of those rasher responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Another thing annoying me in After Hours (or a lot threads for that matter) is that some people think they are witty making unoriginal, unfunny recession/Fianna Fail* related jokes even in threads where the don't fit, but of course they feel the need to slip them in.

Newsflash: You're not that funny and I hope you get an AIDs-related illness

*Should be noted that Swine Flu jokes also seem to be getting overused now

See now "You're not that funny and I hope you get an AIDs-related illness" is not funny.

But you have only been here for what 2 months, so give AHs a chance before you jump in with both feet.:):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Now I know why I never, ever want to be a mod.

Advertisement