Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To eat in Maynooth?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I love O'Neill's for food, staff in there are great craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

never liked the coffee mill that much, its far too pricey for what you get.

almost everyone in that centra is a moody hoor!

just had a lovely meal in the roost, staff are a bit sullen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Nothing like the combo platter in the Roost after a few drinks... shut it K4t!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Presently eating my words on the ''I Actually Post on boards.ie'' FB forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

irish_goat wrote: »
    I love O'Neill's for food, staff in there are great craic too.

There's also one GORGEOUS waitress there. If you're a boardsie, Hi!

• Advertisement

There's also one GORGEOUS waitress there. If you're a boardsie, Hi!

There's 2! The American one and the local one!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

carful who you chat up: I was in there today (had a lovely cod, mushy peas and chips btw) and I heard one of the watressess reffer to the boss as "daddy"

Jaysus, there's an image: Dermot O'Neill, redfaced and puffing, rhythmically grunting 'who's your daddy.'

Now it's in all of your heads too. :p

carful who you chat up: I was in there today (had a lovely cod, mushy peas and chips btw) and I heard one of the watressess reffer to the boss as "daddy"

Yeah that would be his daughter but at the risk of Dermot permanently barring me from the place I try my best not to chat her up. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

Had the catch of the day in Mantra today it was pan-fried hake with peppers and olives and salsa, it was gorgeous. Also, the Mantra burger is amazing, had it a few times. :D

• Advertisement

In a chief wiggum voice: That's a sick mind you got there Leopold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

People may not know this, but in McDonalds they have special prices for students + meal deals???

Medium Big Mac/McChicken/Fillet o' Fish/quarter pounder meal (ie with medium drink + fries) is only €5! :O

Fair enough not everyone likes McDonalds, but seriously good prices right there!

it's also a billion miles out the road,
    It's funny they built their restaurant so far away that they alienated themselves from all the fat lazy people on campus.

they should also try made the front door really thin and put it at the top of a gentle slope.:D

it's also a billion miles out the road,
    It's funny they built their restaurant so far away that they alienated themselves from all the fat lazy people on campus.

they should also try made the front door really thin and put it at the top of a gentle slope.:D

HEY! I'll get there one day...

Was at the new Chinese beside the Bagel Factory last week, food was lovely but not any better than say, Lotus. The place itself and staff are both lovely though. Not too bad price-wise either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

love riverside bistro now....works out cheaper for me than going to mcdonalds and the staff are very friendly and nice

where is that? (assuming it;s beside a river somewhere)

The place where Kens used to be aint it? back of manor mills. looks almost identical to Kens too:rolleyes:

they should have called it "Bens" to save on buying new signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I'm down with that!

Went there today, was lovely! around the same price range as twist - bit cheaper maybe. amazing chips:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

orient chinese above the bagel factory on main st...all you can eat buffet thing every day from 12:30 to 3:30 is only €8.80 and delicious :)

*gets coat*

went to riverside today: very impressed.

went to riverside today: very impressed.

at the same time as myself i believe?
    i was one of the quare fellas down at the end.:)

we were the 6 or so guys in the middle of the bistro talking loudly as though we had just finished our Plainchant performance practical

we were the 6 or so guys in the middle of the bistro talking loudly as though we had just finished our Plainchant performance practical
    ya know, i thought that when i seen you guys...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

the veggie enchilada will leave ya stuffed for hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tim_the_conman

Anyone livin up around meadowbrook/beaufield there's a great chinese hidden in the Newtown

I had take-away from there last week. It's really cracking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I love their dry shredded crispy chicken thingy.....nyom.

In other news, congrats to Leopoldbloom for announcing his intention to run for SU president! Good luck man! :)

Advertisement