Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea Assessment - What's Involved?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

she1984 wrote: »
    Hi Folks!I got my interview with Ikea last Tuesday and still waiting for an answer...:confused:no letter,no calls....What about you?Anybody got any respond?THX.....

i wouldn't worry about it, I was at an interview yesterday and i know they're still doing them today... I'd say you will hear from them early next week.

did they ask you for holiday details and shift preferences... stuff we already gave them on application! To me thats a bit disorganised... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 she1984

did they ask you for holiday details and shift preferences... stuff we already gave them on application! To me thats a bit disorganised... :confused:[/quote]

HI!So best of luck for you...well,they asked me if i had my holidays booked for the next 3 months, I said yes....but I could change that if needed...And I had to choose the shift preferences as well...I think they want to find very very flexible people......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rialta

Hey all. I had my interview last week but still no news back and they said 5-7 days? Has anyone been offered a job yet? I hate being in limbo not knowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gavo782002

she1984 wrote: »
    Hi Folks!I got my interview with Ikea last Tuesday and still waiting for an answer...:confused:no letter,no calls....What about you?Anybody got any respond?THX.....

Had my Monday today wednesday still waiting on a phone call would love know if I got or not

Hey, what was ur interview for check-out or part-time co-worker?? So annoying waiting to know grrrrrr

• Advertisement

When did you have your interview?

Had one last monday week and friday! Did u have one? Has anyone heard back about offer of a job at all! Maybe there reviewing all applications 1st but they still said I'd hear back within 5-7days!

Dear Rialta,I had my interview 2 weeks ago..and nothing..silence..I was looking for people who got job offer but no respond...so I dont know... another week of waiting?:mad:

Phew that makes me feel a bit better! That others havent heard back either. Say they are looking at all files before contatcing people. So fingers crossed. Good luck and let me know if u hear anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The GF got a call from someone in Ikea yesterday and she got the job, so they've started to give people a call. Fingers crossed peoples!

It's brilliant news for us both and she's over the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

The GF got a call from someone in Ikea yesterday and she got the job, so they've started to give people a call. Fingers crossed peoples!

That's great, congratulations :)
    How long was she waiting to hear?
    When I had my assesment they rang me the next day for interview, interview was last Thursday and have heard nothing since :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Don't fret too much. After her interview they said they'd ring within two weeks but they actually rang her three weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

just an update on this...a relative of mine heard back they had their interview 11 days ago. They got the job! The woman on the phone said she was the first person she heard excited about getting the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Blanchy

had my interview 3 weeks ago and just got a letter 2day sayyin i didnt get the job

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

cant remember when i had my interview - must be 3 or 4 weeks ago anyway got a phone call today and they offered me a job....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 keiran88

ok i had an assessment yesterdaymorning at 8...feel it went ok...wasnt too closed up...was out going enough, got talkin to my team in everyuthin and had to try and sell a TOILET BRUSH!:eek: they said they would get back to everyone within 5-10 working days. now the ting is i wanna ask.....do they get back to everyone?even people that dont get chosen for an interview? and has anybody ever been called the next day? any help would be splendid!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Hey Kintarō Hattori, that's great news! i know how harsh all the rejections can be on ones confidence so congrats to your gf :)

keiran88, i had my interview in april and i got my official rejection letter a few weeks ago :eek: i had kinda guessed by that stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

done my assessment this morning at 8, think it went well so fingers crossed!

anyone on this thread currently working there, what you think of the place do you like it there?

wow got a phone call about an hour ago to say i got through and have an interview tomorrow at 1.

anyone got any tips?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Figured I would add this on to the existing thread, hope that's ok. I appllied for a co worker position in IKEA about 2 weeks ago and got a call the other day to go to an assesment day tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Read through the thread and it all seems pretty straight forward, just wondering is Sales co-worker checkouts or on the main shop floor? Also if anyone has anymore info on the assesment day that would be great. Oh and is it very formal attire or more casual? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Just back from the Ikea assessment too. Went almost exactly as posted earlier in the thread. A very different 1st stage 'interview'/ assessment than others but was actually kinda fun. Think it went fairly well.

^ lady, were you in the 3:00pm session?

I was at the 12pm session Dave6195

Went grand, more or less the same as said in the thread, was surprised by the mix of ages and what some people were wearing. Its a total mixed bag that's for sure.
    We had to build a structure with cups and staws and other bits, had it perfect till the air con knocked it down :( haha
    I liked that there were always observers so everyone is fairly assessed.

How did you find it Dave6195?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have this tomorrow, really nervous :(

Ah don't be nervous at all, it's really just like being on a school trip or something, it's not nerve racking or stressful. Just relax and be yourself!! Good Luck

Lady wrote: »
    Ah don't be nervous at all, it's really just like being on a school trip or something, it's not nerve racking or stressful. Just relax and be yourself!! Good Luck

Thanks! It's just that its my first callback from any employer in a seriously long time. I really wish I didn't leave my job to study for the leaving cert....

Oh yea, is the entrance to the assessment the glass doors beside the two return lifts?

I think it went grand. Had some good input (i did the presentation on selling the product and got great interaction with the room during it!) so Im fairly hopeful on getting called to the interview.

ironictoaster, honestly dont be too nervous. I was too but theres really no need. Just try and have as much input and say as possible, as theres quite a few people and its good to stand out and be noticed! :)

Bascially its: first round sell a random product to the room, second is filling a sheet with basic questions and third is build a structure. Its actually enjoyable so try not get too worked up about it.

Dave6195 wrote: »
    I think it went grand. Had some good input (i did the presentation on selling the product and got great interaction with the room during it!) so Im fairly hopeful on getting called to the interview.

ironictoaster, honestly dont be too nervous. I was too but theres really no need. Just try and have as much input and say as possible, as theres quite a few people and its good to stand out and be noticed! :)

Bascially its: first round sell a random product to the room, second is filling a sheet with basic questions and third is build a structure. Its actually enjoyable so try not get too worked up about it.

Thanks for the advice! How many people where there?

its the most horrible place i have ever worked they tell you its a min of 20hours a week but you should get close to 30 and then when your in there a week or 2 they make sure all ya do is your 20 hours so you end up coming out with less than the dole.

but i was in logistics and not sales so that may be differant

So Ive been called to interview tomorrow at 12. Anyone have any tips from interviews with Ikea? like what sort of questions they ask? ;) Ive read over the thread just want to get as much info as possible!

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Had an interview there today after the assesment on monday, it was pretty scary. I really want the job which always adds to the nerves. :( The interview room is really nice though, as are the interviewers!

Advertisement