Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Keep your dead baby in a fridge' nurse tells woman who had miscarriage

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Novella wrote: »
    Eh, too young.

Its never too young

Nevermind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Its never too you

Nevermind :o

Haha, ah no, I was seventeen, nearly eighteen.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Probably messed up his own younger years 'cause he was like in his fifties.

Wasn't trying to make light of what happened btw, just can't think of any other reason for him to say somethin so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

amacachi wrote: »
    Wasn't trying to make light of what happened btw, just can't think of any other reason for him to say somethin so stupid.

It's fine. Miscarriages are dealt with really insensitively. I didn't realise it was happening everywhere but it seems it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Stupid nurse, doesn't she realise everything else in the fridge will have a taste of baby now.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

This is the first I've heard of this sort of thing and its just really stupid. Why would you put women that have had miscarriages with women who just had a baby? It makes no sense. Even a blind, retarted monkey could see that it would just have horrible psychological effect on everyone involved. It wouldnt surprise me to be honest if they were given scrambled eggs also, just to add insult to injury. This country :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

WindSock wrote: »
    Right next to the baby carrots & baby potatoes. Mmm
    What are you talking about? Raw meat goes on the bottom shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

galwayrush wrote: »
    Stupid nurse, doesn't she realise everything else in the fridge will have a taste of baby now.:eek:

"sean thats not beetroot...thats your brother"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,066 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Someody fetch the Chianti, I'll prepare the Fava Beans

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

This is the first I've heard of this sort of thing and its just really stupid. Why would you put women that have had miscarriages with women who just had a baby? It makes no sense. Even a blind, retarted monkey could see that it would just have horrible psychological effect on everyone involved. It wouldnt surprise me to be honest if they were given scrambled eggs also, just to add insult to injury. This country :rolleyes:
    Just to reassure some people - I miscarried early this year and I was treated with the utmost respect when it was happening, everything was done to keep me away from women who had just had a baby/ were pregnant (though obviously I did see some but they were not on my ward). I can not understand if and how the original story happened - the mind boggles, my heart goes out to the woman and anyone who has been affected by miscarriage, it is truely horrible. Hope that the mods do not mind this link - http://www.miscarriage.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Just to reassure some people - I miscarried early this year and I was treated with the utmost respect when it was happening, everything was done to keep me away from women who had just had a baby/ were pregnant (though obviously I did see some but they were not on my ward). I can not understand if and how the original story happened - the mind boggles, my heart goes out to the woman and anyone who has been affected by miscarriage, it is truely horrible. Hope that the mods do not mind this link - http://www.miscarriage.ie/

Sorry to hear that.I can only imaging how traumatic it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I could see my baby's hands and feet. Every time I opened my fridge that's what I would see.

Why in the name of God did she keep opening the fridge. I believe this to be the crux of her problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,066 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why in the name of God did she keep opening the fridge. I believe this to be the crux of her problem.

If a foetus in the fridge isn't enough to stop a cream cheese craving then no amout of fridge alarms will work, tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Hope that the mods do not mind this link - http://www.miscarriage.ie/

Not in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Sorry to hear that:o
    My sister miscarried last year and it deeply affected her, what she found hardest to deal with was the 'ah your young, you will have more' attitude from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My Grandmother miscarried 4 times and lost 2 infants to cot death.

She still managed to have 14 children, :eek:

Holy crap - she could have had 20 kids..

My grandmother had 13 kids, how the hell did they manage back then...

snyper wrote: »
    My Grandmother miscarried 4 times and lost 2 infants to cot death.

She still managed to have 14 children, :eek:

Similar enough to one my grannys. Typical Northern Catholic family.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Loopy wrote: »
    Holy crap - she could have had 20 kids..

My grandmother had 13 kids, how the hell did they manage back then...

..in a small 2 bedroom cottage.

snyper wrote: »
    ..in a small 2 bedroom cottage.

Tiny terraced house on the Falls Rd in Belfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

amacachi wrote: »
    Similar enough to one my grannys. Typical Northern Catholic family.:p

Just a typical Catholic family I would say.:D My granny had ten kids as well. She also worked on the farm as well as looking after the house. Mighty woman.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I heard of a woman who had a miscarriage while on the toilet and just flushed :eek:

I heard of a woman who had a miscarriage while on the toilet and just flushed :eek:

I heard of this girl who was babysitting and got creeped out by a clown statue and later it turned out it wasn't a statue it was a midget who stole the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

994 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Raw meat goes on the bottom shelf!
    I was hoping there'd be a dead baby joke there somewhere:P

Don't email me

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They do indeed. I had a miscarriage and in the bed next to me was a woman with her new baby.
    To top it all off, a doctor said to me "It's for the best, you can enjoy your youth now and come back when you're thirty."
    Nice.

And we pay robots like that €200/250 k. Aren't you glad?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Do they still do the ole' putting miscarrying women on the same ward as the women in labour? That was lovely.

My mother had a friend that was in a maternity ward after a miscarriage and when the doctor was doing the rounds with students he used the word "aborted" to indicate the miscarriage. This was spread around the ward and all the patients shunned the woman and she had a complete mental breakdown shortly afterwards.
    She felt guilt and then was treated by the people around her as if she had done something wrong. It was also a local rumour with embellishments about possible fathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

As far as I know "aborted" is a legit term for a pregnancy ending in miscarriage. A poor choice of words though. Could the whole confusion not have been cleared up early on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Have to wonder why she needed to bring the foetus into the hospital?

Could she not just have buried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

javaboy wrote: »
    As far as I know "aborted" is a legit term for a pregnancy ending in miscarriage. A poor choice of words though. Could the whole confusion not have been cleared up early on?

It is but it is not like the people in the beds beside her stood up and pointed shouting. The doctor used correct terminology but ignorance lead to further issues just compounding an already bad situation. It was some time ago where more people were in wards and you have to consider a bunch of new mothers might not be the most emotionally balanced people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement