Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Keep your dead baby in a fridge' nurse tells woman who had miscarriage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭ClayDavis

That's disgusting, it'll go off if it's not in a freezer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rayan

Cool

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

ClayDavis wrote: »
    That's disgusting, it'll go off if it's not in a freezer.

And she didnt provide any serving suggestions?? outrage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

The mother refused to close the fridge door because she said the baby couldn't sleep with the lights off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Shocking stuff, not really something that should be discussed in AH though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

angel01 wrote: »
    Nurses told a woman who had suffered a miscarriage at four months to keep her dead baby in her fridge for two days because they couldn't fit her in for an appointment.

Sophie Hill, 21, called East Surrey Hospital for help but was told she couldn't be seen until her next scheduled visit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/04/29/keep-your-dead-baby-in-a-fridge-115875-21317224/

Oh my fcukin god that is one of the roughest things I've heard in awhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Right next to the baby carrots & baby potatoes. Mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    The mother refused to close the fridge door because she said the baby couldn't sleep with the lights off.

Thats so good and so bad at the same time :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

What I cant understand is why she didn't go straight to the hospital, ask to speak to the woman that said that to her - and knock her out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I wonder if she left a note on the bag like GOB did :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Not as bad as the OP but when my ma had a miscarriage she was given the foetus in a jar to take to another part of the hospital. Apparently none of the people wheeling her bed around could hold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I was told to go home until I miscarried, then to call them. The child is 8 now.

Those crazy medics...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

amacachi wrote: »
    Not as bad as the OP but when my ma had a miscarriage she was given the foetus in a jar to take to another part of the hospital. Apparently none of the people wheeling her bed around could hold it.

That's extremely fcuked up, and so is this story. Poor woman.

I was told to go home until I miscarried, then to call them. The child is 8 now.

Those crazy medics...

My mam was told after two miscarriages she's never have kids. She must've adopted my sisters and I from the same woman, who happens to look just like her.

Do they still do the ole' putting miscarrying women on the same ward as the women in labour? That was lovely.

You AH kids would have been playing with your Action Men at the time, but the health service was sh*te back then, and not alot has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Do they still do the ole' putting miscarrying women on the same ward as the women in labour? That was lovely.

Oh sweet Jesus. You couldn't make that sh1t up. :(

javaboy wrote: »
    Oh sweet Jesus. You couldn't make that sh1t up. :(

I could elaborate, but it might break AH. :D

I was half carried to a toilet a few hours after the (apparently miraculous) birth, put sitting on the toilet in the ward, the door to the bathroom was wedged open with a chair while the nurse carried on with her rounds. I didn't even need to go. D*ckheads.

I was half carried to a toilet a few hours after the (apparently miraculous) birth, put sitting on the toilet in the ward, the door to the bathroom was wedged open with a chair while the nurse carried on with her rounds. I didn't even need to go. D*ckheads.

Lol. Does anyone think maybe..

I NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS???

I shall log off now. As you were peeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Fook that. There has to be a country with a better healthcare system.

(Glad you didn't miscarry btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Those crazy medics...

Sue the Hospital for Financial and Emotional Hardship? Glad your Baby got through, show those damn doctors that they know feck all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Apparently.
    A guy I work with's wife gave birth 3 weeks ago and the baby was stillborn (after a horrendous labour). His lovely wife was left in the ward with all the happy mothers nursing their babies.
    She was too numb and distressed to say anything - he flipped the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Those crazy medics...

You AH kids would have been playing with your Action Men at the time, but the health service was sh*te back then, and not alot has changed.

I thought all the staff on the ground were great and it's just the evil government wrecking the place?

Turns out everyones a cnut.:)

Loopy wrote: »
    Apparently.
    A guy I work with's wife gave birth 3 weeks ago and the baby was stillborn (after a horrendous labour). His lovely wife was left in the ward with all the happy mothers nursing their babies.
    She was too numb and distressed to say anything - he flipped the lid.

Outrageous. Honestly, f*cking outrageous.

Why isn't this stopped in this day and age?

Stekelly wrote: »
    I thought all the staff on the ground were great and it's just the evil government wrecking the place?

Turns out everyones a cnut.:)

The majority of the staff on the ground I think (I hope) are probably great. But cr*p like this happens because it's allowed to.

There's incompetent people in every profession, but with heath care, there needs to be some type of safeguard to stop the incompetence damaging people.

Radical idea huh..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I found out today that I've miscarried.
    I didn't realise I was pregnant to start with & I'm on the pill which I take religiously so I can't figure out how it happened.
    Very strange situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

They do indeed. I had a miscarriage and in the bed next to me was a woman with her new baby.
    To top it all off, a doctor said to me "It's for the best, you can enjoy your youth now and come back when you're thirty."
    Nice.

Novella wrote: »
    They do indeed. I had a miscarriage and in the bed next to me was a woman with her new baby.
    To top it all off, a doctor said to me "It's for the best, you can enjoy your youth now and come back when you're thirty."
    Nice.

Sounds like he was chattin you up tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Novella wrote: »
    Nice.

What age were you?

Sounds like he was chattin you up tbh.

Probably messed up his own younger years 'cause he was like in his fifties.

• Advertisement

What age were you?

Eh, too young.

Advertisement