Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Monday 4th May MilSim - "SWAT: Los Angeles"

Options
  • 28-04-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭

SWAT: Los Angeles

Mission Profile: Locate and secure potential bio-weapons possessed by terrorists occupying an area of downtown Los Angeles.

Current Information: Terrorist actives in the AO have barricaded themselves in the downtown quarter of Los Angles. The tangos have divided themselves into two zones and are threatening to release a bio-agent, pseudosus-influenza-A - a weaponized variant of H1N1 Flu - if their demands are not met. Shots have been fired at local law enforcement who have retreated from the contact zone to a safe distance. This situation has been in progress for two hours and we have been authorized to provide the solution. The Terrorists have given a solid deadline before they will release the bio-weapons into the atmosphere. Our window closes in 90 minutes.

Objectives:
    Alpha: Locate and secure bio-weapons in the AO within operational window.
    Bravo: Arrest and extract terror-cell leaders to LZ.
    Charlie: Pacify AO by neutralizing all hostiles.

Rules of Engagement:
    SOP of attempt to arrest before opening fire.
    Hard arrest is authorized.
    Principal terror-cell members are to be extracted alive for interrogation and prosecution.
    Lethal force has been authorized for use against non-compliant hostiles.
    All actions by element (SWAT team) must be reported to TOC (includes all neutralized tangos, rooms clear, devices secured, arrests made and friendlies down).

Current Sit-Rep:
    Number of Hostiles: Unknown, expect heavy resistance. Two cells active in the AO. Possible fifth-column activity supporting the active terrorist cells.
    Number of Devices: Unknown, expect at least two devices.
    Support: No air-support or armored support will be available.
    Operational Window: 90 minutes
    Notes: Be advised that tangos may have rigged IED in the AO.

Victory: Based on points scored for proper procedure and number of objectives fulfilled. Group with the highest score at the end of the day will be declared the winner.

Game plan is to cycle three teams through the paces of being the SWAT group at least once in the day.

Game day runs from 11:00am to 17:30pm

Mechanics

Ammo Limits.
    Standard ammo limits from previous HRTA events apply. All magazines will be restricted to realistic loads. Each player may carry a maximum of 10 standard magazines (Full battle load out). Pistols +2 mags maximum. Rifle drum mags 3 maximum. Machine gun box mags 2 maximum. Sniper rifles 8 mags maximum.

Lo-caps or Mid-caps only. Absolutely no Hi-Caps allowed.

Spot checks will be performed during the day on magazines and muzzle energy.

Respawn
    KIA – 15 minute respawn time in the safe zone before re-enforcing.

SWAT Operators may respawn continuously during the operational time window.

Terrorists may only respawn once each. If you are killed in the first cell to be assaulted you may respawn with the second cell. If you are killed in the second cell you may respawn as a fifth-columnist operating independently of the main cells to harass and ambush the SWAT team.

Medics
    Medics must carry bandages/med-kit. Limit of 1 medic per group.

When you are hit drop to the ground immediately and refrain from any other action or communication other than the shout “Medic!”.

You have 10 minutes of bleed time at this point.

A medic may revive a participant by tyeing a bandage around the victims upper arm. Only one bandage may be applied to each arm. Any hit beyond this results in the participant being marked as KIA.

You must wait 15 minutes before respawning from the safe zone (time counted from when you enter the safe zone until you leave the safe zone).

Medics may revive any participant regardless of faction.

Capturing
    Specific individuals are targeted for capture by the SWAT team and may be captured in the following two ways.

SWAT members must offer the target the opportunity to surrender as per their SOP. Should the target accept this offer he should comply with instructions. HOWEVER – this does not mean that the target is obliged to hand over his arms etc. SWAT members are advised to clear a prisoner correctly of all weapons and/or IED before taking the individual into custody.

SWAT members may, if necessary, pacify the target be means of gunfire. Under these circumstances the principal is considered to be hit and subject to the same 10 minute bleed time as any other participant. A medic may revive the target who is then considered to be back in play and free to act accordingly.

A principal target who has been disarmed is obliged to comply with SWAT team instructions when a gun is trained on him/her. Should the individual find him/herself unsupervised it is reasonable for the principal to attempt escape.

Terrorists may capture any SWAT member and hold him/her hostage for use as a human shield or bargaining tool. Terrorists may use either of the above options to capture a SWAT member.

SWAT members who find themselves operating alone in and surrounded are obliged to surrender as an option due to the SOP and await rescue by their team.

Execution
    Execution is forbidden as a method to the SWAT operators.

In order for terrorists to execute a SWAT operator he/she should stand over the fallen individual, discharge a round into the ground and calmly inform the individual that they have been executed. At this point the participant is considered KIA and subject to the standard 15 minute respawn time.

TOC Reporting
    SWAT must report everything they do to their TOC via radio. Each correct report earns points. Things to report include;
    Tango Down (read location)
    Friendly Down (read location)
    Room Clear (give building colour & number and report “clear”)
    Area Clear (give area code and report “clear”)
    Principal target arrested (give principal code name and report “arrested”)
    Principal target extracted (give principal code name and report “at LZ”)
    Device located (give device code name and report location)
    Device secured (give device code name and report “secure”)
    All objectives complete (report “all clear, all clear returning to base”)

Code Words
    Area 1 - “Red”
    Area 2 - “Blue”
    SWAT Team - “Element”
    Terrorist Principal 1 - “Coach”
    Terrorist Principal 2 - “Quarterback”
    Devices - “Football”

Example

Terrorist Principal 1 in the first area spotted in the rear “stockade” cabin.

“Element to TOC: The Coach sighted ... area 1 – 3 ... north wing of the building”.

Points system

Points are award for the following

Tango Arrested 2
    Tango Killed 1
    Tango Executed -4
    Principal Tango Arrested 2
    Principal Tango Killed -1
    Device Located 1
    Device Secured 2
    Area Clear 2
    SWAT KIA at End of Scenario -1 per KIA team member

Points will be taken along with the total time a team takes to complete the objectives in declaring a winner.

SWAT-LAMAP.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Moved to appropriate forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

We should call this one a PolSim game :) It should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

OzCam wrote: »
    We should call this one a PolSim game :) It should be interesting.

Well, I figured I'd write something a bit different this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Coach, Quarterback, football, red, blue, element. It's like being back playing Yank ball again.

"Toc, Element 1. QB sneak suspected, request permission for CB fox blitz while the LB's stack the line."
    "Coach changed the formation. Trips right, trips right."
    "Red 3-2, blue 1-5"
    "Shotgun! Motion, motion, motion."

NakedDex wrote: »
    Coach, Quarterback, football, red, blue, element. It's like being back playing Yank ball again.

"Toc, Element 1. QB sneak suspected, request permission for CB fox blitz while the LB's stack the line."
    "Coach changed the formation. Trips right, trips right."
    "Red 3-2, blue 1-5"
    "Shotgun! Motion, motion, motion."

Does this mean you are going to make an appearance?

• Advertisement

updated OP to include the game map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Does this mean you are going to make an appearance?

On three conditions.
    1) I manage to wake up in time and hangover free.
    2) I have a workable armalite with which to use my low caps since I don't even have mids for the G36, let alone lows.
    3) I can wear American football gear and command a team soley through play-calls and assorted football terms. Also, I'd like my callsign to be either Madden, Favre or "Terrible" Terry Tate.

Edit: For the purpose of this game I'd like the bus renamed Jerome Bettis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

updated OP to include the game map.

Great - I don't have to get out my crayons and graph paper this time!!:p

By the way, what are the suggested loadouts for the 2 factions?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Im in and will probably try my hand as the bad guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'll be there, n00b in tow.

Man just chatting in shop with some guys.

You so could have made this into a "Heat" style milsim.

I'd well wear a suit and blonde wig ...make it happen

Doc: the scenario should run at least three times to let everyone have a go at being anti swat and bad guys.
    Trooper: the loadout is the same for both sides, but if people would prefer a different set then im happy to draft some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

sounds like a good one...pitty i cant make it:(

Trooper: the loadout is the same for both sides, but if people would prefer a different set then im happy to draft some.

Sorry, I meant as in 'what attire will each faction be sporting'?! As per Doc's post, we were debating in the shop earlier a Heat / Point Break / Miami Vice look for the perps:cool::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Ah crap. All my SWAT4 knowledge gone to waste. Best of luck anyway.

Sorry, I meant as in 'what attire will each faction be sporting'?! As per Doc's post, we were debating in the shop earlier a Heat / Point Break / Miami Vice look for the perps:cool::D

Heh, you can year what you like youll all be getting a go. Wear i blonde wig and sport a g3 for a real heat feel ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Heh, you can year what you like youll all be getting a go. Wear i blonde wig and sport a g3 for a real heat feel ;-)
    Grand then so. Anyone got suggestions for where I can get an LA gang banger outfit?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Wear i blonde wig and sport a g3 for a real heat feel ;-)

Checks wardrobe......G3 and blonde wig loadout ready

Backs away slowly from thread............................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

sliabh wrote: »
    Grand then so. Anyone got suggestions for where I can get an LA gang banger outfit?

try Ann Summers ;)

• Advertisement

Dang! If I hadn't cut my hair I could have pulled off this look:

heat_image12.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Well, this has got me trying to decide between Hawaiian shirt and white Panama hat, or finding something that goes with a fez.

(who am I kidding, everything goes with fez)

heat_image12.jpg

Val kilmer totting that armalite has always had me craving for the G&P Colt Commando :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

heat_image12.jpg

ya still can old fancy dress lying somewhere in the house ill give it to ya tomorrow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Sounds great.
    Haven't been to HRTA in a few months, are there paths throughout the site now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Sounds great.
    Haven't been to HRTA in a few months, are there paths throughout the site now?

ah we cant let our secrets away like that it will be a suprise for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Sounds like fun, but doubt i can make due to injury.

I'm coming on Monday is a rather unusual loadout

Tesco for the w1n ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Just got the pyro cert this evening :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I might be able to go to this yet. Just have to finalise a couple of details.

Advertisement