Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When you're in a shop....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

... and you are buying, say, a bottle of Coke for example. If there is a bottle of coke among all the 7up / Lilt / Fanta bottles, would you pick that one (even if it is closer) or would you take one from where all the other bottles of coke are (even if they are further away)??

I hope I've explained that right! I'm just using a bottle of Coke as an example.

I found myself doing this yesterday while buying a few things in Boots. I was looking for Sure deodarant, but when I found it there was only 1 bottle there and it was in among, say, the Lynx section. So although I'd found what I was looking for, I thought to myself: "no, someone else had that and then put it back 'cos they didn't want it" - and I walked to the other end of the aisle to where all the Sure was, and picked one of them!

Do you do this? As I did it I was thinking about it and I always do it! I don't know why!

Humanities tbh.

Seriously though, with something like deodorant i always take the one a couple of rows back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I found myself doing this yesterday while buying a few things in Boots.

Boots drives me crazy. Is the layout for each store deliberately shoddy?? If it was just one store where the building wasn't the best for the layout of a store, then fair enough. But EVERY Boots store is a pain in the ass to get around. Everything is on top of each other and if there's just one person in an aisle, you can't get get past them.

And all these three for two offers are infuriating!! You get to the counter and the assistant tells you can get 'another one of these free, just go back and get the cheapest item.' And there's a whole queue waiting behind you and you just want to get out of there and you say 'nah, it's ok!' And they look at you like you've just shat a lizard out your ar$e. 'Eh, but it's free??!!!" Then you have to go back and get the item while the people in the queue are waiting for you and then your asked if you have a Boots discount card.

"No!"
    "Would you like a Boots discount card??"
    "No!"

At the end of the transaction, you're given a reciept that is huge and ridiculously too big for the small amount of items you've purchased. Then you're also given a fecking voucher and as the assistant explains how the voucher is for seven euro off any skincare product when you make a purchase
    of thirty quid or over, you just want to shout out "Look, you mental b!tch. All i wanna to is buy these goods with f*cking money!! I want two of these! Not three, or four or five!! Just two. And in exchange for those products, i will give you money that is of the Euro currency. The valid currency for this country!! I will pay the price that's on the Goddamn f*cking shelf."

F*ck off Boots!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

monkey9 wrote: »
    Boots drives me crazy. Is the layout for each store deliberately shoddy?? If it was just one store where the building wasn't the best for the layout of a store, then fair enough. But EVERY Boots store is a pain in the ass to get around. Everything is on top of each other and if there's just one person in an aisle, you can't get get past them.

And all these three for two offers are infuriating!! You get to the counter and the assistant tells you can get 'another one of these free, just go back and get the cheapest item.' And there's a whole queue waiting behind you and you just want to get out of there and you say 'nah, it's ok!' And they look at you like you've just shat a lizard out your ar$e. 'Eh, but it's free??!!!" Then you have to go back and get the item while the people in the queue are waiting for you and then your asked if you have a Boots discount card.

"No!"
    "No!"

At the end of the transaction, you're given a reciept that is huge and ridiculously too big for the small amount of items you've purchased. Then you're also given a fecking voucher and as the assistant explains how the voucher is for seven euro off any skincare product when you make a purchase
    of thirty quid or over, you just want to shout out "Look, you mental b!tch. All i wanna to is buy these goods with f*cking money!! I want two of these! Not three, or four or five!! Just two. And in exchange for those products, i will give you money that is of the Euro currency. The valid currency for this country!! I will pay the price that's on the Goddamn f*cking shelf."

F*ck off Boots!!!!!

You obviously didn't avail of the Three for Two Prozac offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

You probably never take the newspaper from the top of the pile either.
    Never mind that, I won't touch anything that's on display. I usually sneak back to their stockroom and take what I need off the pallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Latchy wrote: »
    Beckham , Gerrard and would you belive Gazza of all people .Like i would have thought he was to pissed to notice or even care what was were, but apparently he had this thing about towels having to be arranged neatly and guess what ? Wayne Rooney has the same complaint ?

What is it with these footballers ? :eek:

Sorry to change the lighthearted mood slightly (:D) but I hate the way OCD is thrown around so lightly these days. It seems like it's nearly "fashionable" to complain about having OCD when it is, in fact, a very serious mental condition which can lead to depression and schizophrenia. Many people claim to have OCD because they have to make sure all the doors are closed at night, or that all the tins in the cupboard are turned in the same direction but most of these cases are just people being extremely anal!

It's similar to the bipolar "epidemic" that seems to have become fashionable over the past few years! (Not making light of bipolar, I just mean that it's another term that's thrown around too loosely!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i usually pull back bottels to get to the colder ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

... and you are buying, say, a bottle of Coke for example. If there is a bottle of coke among all the 7up / Lilt / Fanta bottles, would you pick that one (even if it is closer) or would you take one from where all the other bottles of coke are (even if they are further away)??

I hope I've explained that right! I'm just using a bottle of Coke as an example.

I found myself doing this yesterday while buying a few things in Boots. I was looking for Sure deodarant, but when I found it there was only 1 bottle there and it was in among, say, the Lynx section. So although I'd found what I was looking for, I thought to myself: "no, someone else had that and then put it back 'cos they didn't want it" - and I walked to the other end of the aisle to where all the Sure was, and picked one of them!

Do you do this? As I did it I was thinking about it and I always do it! I don't know why!

Ya i do it

Like you wouldnt pick up a loaf of bread that someone left in the fruit aisle and buy that.

I also have this thing that when im buying depdrant instead of picking one from the front row i reach back and get one from the back. My reasoning is this ... People always pick up a bottle from the front row- spray it to smell it and put it back. If say 5 people a day did this then i buy that- the one i buy is emptier than the others yet i still have to pay full price for less

Wow im incredibly sad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

monkey9 wrote: »

"No!"
    "No!"

F*ck off Boots!!!!!

Its not about Boots...

Sorry to change the lighthearted mood slightly (:D) but I hate the way OCD is thrown around so lightly these days. It seems like it's nearly "fashionable" to complain about having OCD when it is, in fact, a very serious mental condition which can lead to depression and schizophrenia. Many people claim to have OCD because they have to make sure all the doors are closed at night, or that all the tins in the cupboard are turned in the same direction but most of these cases are just people being extremely anal!

It's similar to the bipolar "epidemic" that seems to have become fashionable over the past few years! (Not making light of bipolar, I just mean that it's another term that's thrown around too loosely!)

Aren't threads in AH supposed to have a light-hearted mood?

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Never mind that, I won't touch anything that's on display. I usually sneak back to their stockroom and take what I need off the pallets.

And then exit through the yard at the back to a waiting getaway car vehicle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Aren't threads in AH supposed to have a light-hearted mood?

There are no rules...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

galwayrush wrote: »
    i constantly drill that into my kids.:p

http://www.childline.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Fair point but we could also say people some are exaggerating depression when they are just bored and fed up but I understand what your saying .The times we live in but I would also guess that people who really suffer from either OCD / Bipolar or Depression (in it's extreme form ) dont feel the need to exaggerate their conditions .The get on and deal with it best way they can .

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

If I have a few things to get in a shop and something that is on the list is on the wrong shelf and is on the shelf of something else I need to get, I will carry it around with me until I get to the right place, put the item back with the rest of the stuff and pick a different one!

It annoys me when thing are out of place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

If I'm <shudder>, shopping for food, I'll always root around at the back of the shelves.

All the newer stuff is there.

Luckily,I'm married now, so I don't have to do that kinda stuff anymore.:D

Advertisement