Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do on a Saturday night on your own

Options
  • 25-04-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

Any advice for me here?
    Heres the story, i live at home with the parents, none of my mates are going out for a night out tonight, not too pushed myself either. I would love to rent a few films but dont have a telly to watch them (parents using it), I have a car though.
    What will I do?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Watch a few films with your parents? Going to have to be PG unless you want to awkward sex scene moment where you all cough or go make the tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Drive up Baggot St. pick up a woman and have an aul ride

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Go doggin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Read a book/knock one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Pizza. Bottle of wine. Good book.

Go to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Get in the car, drive around the dark streets, find someone vulnerable....

...and throw eggs at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

go to the dog track if theres one near, you could win a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Do the decent thing and go out for a drive....your ma and da probably f*ck each other blind on a Saturday night and will spend the night cursing you if you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

book a call girl, fun all round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Cover myself in Jeyes fluid and watch the neighbors come and go through the net curtains...thats what I do (edit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

wylo wrote: »
    Any advice for me here?
    Heres the story, i live at home with the parents, none of my mates are going out for a night out tonight, not too pushed myself either. I would love to rent a few films but dont have a telly to watch them (parents using it), I have a car though.
    What will I do?????

Cinema?

I wonder why it is that people feel so uneasy, when left on their own for an evening. If you only go out with a specific few friends, then you are one of many sheeple of the population.

And another thing. Why don't you have your own tv? Is there no other tv in the house? Scratch that. How old are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

phasers wrote: »
    Cry.

Followed by a long drawn out suicide. I can personally recommend weedkiller. It gives everyone a chance to say their goodbyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Onkle wrote: »
    Drive up Baggot St. pick up a woman and have an aul ride

along way to go if the OP does not live in dublin

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Fap fap fap?

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Fap fap fap?

With the parents next door for the element of dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Abigayle wrote: »
    Cinema?

I wonder why it is that people feel so uneasy, when left on their own for an evening. If you only go out with a specific few friends, then you are one of many sheeple of the population.

And another thing. Why don't you have your own tv? Is there no other tv in the house? Scratch that. How old are you?

well unfortunately due to circumstances involving economies and jobs and what not Ive had to take a new career path and go into a training course , which forced me to kind of reset my life and go back home , Im 26 :(

I might hit the cinema alright, seems like the only option.

What you mean by being one of many sheeple? Sorry if Im not popular enough to have 1000s of friends to chose from, anyway im just not pushed on hitting the town for drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Go to the pound shop and buy some paints and paper. Sell the ensuing magnum opuses tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Firetrap wrote: »
    Go to the pound shop and buy some paints and paper. Sell the ensuing magnum opuses tomorrow.

Go to the pound shop and buy an assortment of hats,then see how many you can put on your head at one time,then go to bed and have a Tom Hank.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sell your car and move out.

• Advertisement

pull the lad of yourself thinking about all the good looking women your missin out on by staying in

pull the lad of yourself thinking about all the good looking women your missin out on by staying in

How generous of you to share your technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Invite some random stranger home to ' meet the parents ' .They'll be annoyed and piss off to bed early , leaving you and your new friend time to watch your American pie dvd .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

wylo wrote: »
    well unfortunately due to circumstances involving economies and jobs and what not Ive had to take a new career path and go into a training course , which forced me to kind of reset my life and go back home , Im 26 :(

I might hit the cinema alright, seems like the only option.

What you mean by being one of many sheeple? Sorry if Im not popular enough to have 1000s of friends to chose from, anyway im just not pushed on hitting the town for drinking.

Nnnaww jeez. I have this weird feeling, and I don't know what it is. All know is I don't like it! :(

When people are lead easily or follow in the steps of others, and dont often without opinions of their own. Sheep + people = Sheeple. I retract that now, as you are broke :pac:

How generous of you to share your technique.

very good

your quick

hense the sarcasm

there are no good looking women going out these days, there all broke and so are the yupees who used to go out of there way to buy over these women

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do the decent thing and go out for a drive....your ma and da probably f*ck each other blind on a Saturday night and will spend the night cursing you if you don't.
    Im glad nobody was home when I read that or I'd have to explain what I could possibly find so funny while sitting on the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

read watch tv chill out do nothing ....

i do that a lot surf boards and the net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Murder your parents and bury them under the patio. Who do they think they are, hogging their own sitting room like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I'd love to go out and get phished tonight (i've recently found out how fun getting drunk is). But i've to work tonight. :mad:

But roll on getting mamboed on tuesday! :pac:

• Advertisement

o i forgot it was saturday ,feels like friday for me,

in that case do the lotto, then watch it and when your numbers dont come up beat up the sitting room , and put every curse unfer the sun on nuala carey, and then watch tubridy tonight

Advertisement