Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yale alarm and dialling out withou phone line

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

I install these and never have any issues with them. Motion detectors in the home would be the cheaper way to go but in terms of protection some one has to get in to activate the alarm. Wire free is more expensive but from reading other posts you have a wired alarm in the house. If this is the case then upgrading to a hybrid alarm might be your best option. This will allow you install wire free motion detectors plus have keyfobs on the system.

I would never recommend to anyone to install a yale alarm. It is a complete waste of money. The powermax complete system is good value for money compared to other alarm systems on the market. If you have got a land line in the house you can connect it to this for self monitoring the alarm plus remote access to the alarm.

Setting up motions on the system is easy enough to do also, your motion in the kitchen, living room would be set up as perimeter and the motion in the hall would be set up as delay. This would mean the motion in the kitchen, living room would be on when you activate the alarm for home or away, the pir in the hall would would tell you to disarm the panel when you walk in front of it. The pir on the landing would be off to allow you walk around up stairs at night, this is set up as interior.

The pir should not be directed at the windows, over radiators, beside vents to prevent false alarms. If money was not an issue I would go for the accessible windows and doors to be covered. This will give you more protection plus you will be able to have the alarm on at night and still walk around the premises.

It would not be possible for you to get the alarm monitored by a monitoring station as only certified alarms can be done this way.

If you have any more questions let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kpbryww

Hi,

Thanks for the information, just what I need. I will go ahead and purchase, from what I have read and from what you say the ProMax complete is all good. ( for what I need anyway).

Any idea what it would cost to have the alarm certified after I install or how much it would cost to have a certified alarm installer put it in for me?

Again thanks a mil. Have a good weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

It would not work that way. The installer would have to install it to the EN50131 standard for it to be certified.

I have sent you a P.M. re a price.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

He can install it himself & then get a company to inspect, make any changes if needed, & certify it.
    In the same way that we do when taking over a job.

Advertisement