Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A day out with a difference / cheap weekend away.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

holly8 wrote: »
    thanks superscouse - just booked this 2 adults + 2 kids - May29-31 bank holiday weekend. Great offer - do we get a cabin and meals for the return Liverpool-Dublin trip also?

We all Liverpool supporters. My boys will go CRAZY when they hear this in just saw your post at 10.46pm tonight. We are booked now for the stadium tour too. What might be a good hotel nearby?

Slunk - through where did you book Jurys? Best price I can see on their own web site is 115 sterling.

Thanks again!!!!

GREETINGS FROM LIVERPOOL !

Yes you get the cabin both ways. Its is all that it seems to be. Dont expect loads of facilities, just get your grub, have a pint and go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

holly8 wrote: »

Slunk - through where did you book Jurys? Best price I can see on their own web site is 115 sterling.

Thanks again!!!!

otel.com. €109 Bed & English breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

Got this for the Heineken Cup final weekend, cheapest way across I reckon.

Was on this boat before after buying a car in Glasgow. We weren't expecting much, but were surprised by how well everything went. Don't be expecting top luxury, but at this price, it is brilliant.

Swampy wrote: »
    i did it once. was handy. one tip was that in the cabin (if it is the same boat) the plug was the twin roundy adaptor. European style plug.

Not now, it has standard three pin plugs.

Got off it at five this morning and as it was early, we unloaded and were away before the ulysesses and stena got in. Sometimes the queue to get out of dublin port is a pain in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

The offer is back on. You have till Monday 11pm to book.

http://www.norfolkline.co.uk/EN/Ferry_offers/dublin_sale/

Book from Friday 1st May until 11pm Monday 4th May 2009 and travel by 31st May 2009. Amendment fee of £25/€31 applies. No refunds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

This is a great deal. I might take advantage of it. Can I just ask though if there is much to do in Liverpool at 6/7am. If you come off the boat after having a full breakfast you might be a bit bored until the shops open at 9am. Is there maybe an IKEA or something near by that opens early? Or even better an early house :D

The nearest Ikea is in Warrington. 20 mins drive from Liverpool. Not open early though.

Store opening hours:
    Mon - Fri: 10am - 11pm
    Saturday: 9am to 10pm
    Sunday: 11am - 5pm
    (Browsing from 10.30 on)

I do this regularly and to be fair, there is very little open at that hour. However, there is quite a good ASDA in Bromborough which is 24 hrs, except sat night, and I usually hit there. It has pretty much everything from cds, to clothes to booze. If you want directions or sat nav info, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

bazwaldo wrote: »
    The offer is back on. You have till Monday 11pm to book.

http://www.norfolkline.co.uk/EN/Ferry_offers/dublin_sale/

Book from Friday 1st May until 11pm Monday 4th May 2009 and travel by 31st May 2009. Amendment fee of £25/€31 applies. No refunds.

I have just tried several dates and cant get the offer on any of them.

what dates?

Perhaps they are sold out?

Is there a match on in liverpool that day?

Did you use the code as directed?

Is the date before the expiry in May?

?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

what dates?

?????
    Working for me now.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Not working for me.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Not working for me.

what dates?

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

do you need a passport for this???

No passport to the UK, but they usually ask for photo ID for adults.

Booked the boat but luckily I checked before booking Jurys. They have no car park. Anyone know of a hotel nearby with a secure car park. Jurys offer a discounted rate for a street car park nearby. Dont know if I would trust an Irish car left over night in a street car park. May sound a bit much but rather be carefl than wake up to find my car wrecked

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

We're booked into the Crowne Plaza (2 adults + 2 kids) for 115 sterling B&B. They have a car park for 7.50 sterling per day (I can't find the pound sign on my keyboard).

I don't think this hotel is too far from Jurys, if that's the area in which you are interested. North of Albert Docks - from what I can see on the map.

Marriott has a B&B rate for 86 sterling if you are a member of the rewards club. Lots of availability for 2 adults but no family rooms left. They also have car park at 12.50 per day. BTW - Both have leisure centres. And can be cancelled up to 4pm day of booking.

Arrived back this morning after a long weekend. Very impressed with the ferry. Not the Hilton or anything but very clean and friendly staff. The cabin and bunks were bigger than I expected and are en-suite with a shower(tiny) although we were too busy sleeping to use it. The food was fine too, about what you'd get in a pub for carvery. Even though the weather was quite choppy last night, we never really noticed. We travelled with 3 young kids and they provided a travel cot without requesting it.

We were in bed by 10.30 and woken at 4.30. Obviously knackered but not too bad.

10/10 Norfolkline. I'll be booking again for June if they extend the offer. :)

Told yer so !

I am on it this Friday and next Friday as well.

Booked the camperline hotel. €60. Cheap and cheerful. On the docks and has car park. I am just wondering what can I do until I check into the hotel. Check In not til 2pm although once it gets to about 10ish i dont mind Ill park the car and ramble up town. Also, checking out sunday at 12.What can I do all day,bear in mind that one of us cant drink and the boat is not until 10pm.Even any attractions within reasonable driving distance. Also good nightclubs in liverpool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭Genghis

Details of the offer still on the site, but I think it has expired as per the conditions (i.e. the promo code is no longer working). Best price I could get was around €370 for this weekend.

Sounds like a great offer, though, I'll keep an eye out for it running again.

Advertisement