Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sure hope they hit Ireland next year... not sure about EP, but I'd love to see them live.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

they'll be back. Hopefully this sumer..it wont be the O2 though im bettin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

david75 wrote: »
    they'll be back. Hopefully this sumer..it wont be the O2 though im bettin

Yeah would be good to see them somewhere else. A marlay park gig with Glen Hansard and someone else maybe? ( I know people aren't really a fan of marlay but it's handy for me and that's all that matters :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Yeah would be good to see them somewhere else. A marlay park gig with Glen Hansard and someone else maybe? ( I know people aren't really a fan of marlay but it's handy for me and that's all that matters :p)

Fan of Marlay alright, Glen Hansard, not so much.

I think it'd be great to have them back, don't think they'd need to go for a festival though, they have enough pull to fill the O2 on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

I'd say its almost a guarantee at this stage that Hansard/The Frames would make an appearance (be it support or guest) when they play here again. Two of my favourite artists ever so I would be over the moon!

I'd hate to see them in Marley Park because the sound and set up is absolutely atrocious. I could take an EP appearance but I would need to be in a campsite by myself all weekend because I wouldn't be able to stop talking about them in the lead up to/after the gig!

Just got Vs in the post on Vinyl today. The effort they put into the sleeve designs is brilliant. Christ I wish I made the trip to see them this summer :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Jesus, you really are a fan, eh?
    I'd say its almost a guarantee at this stage that Hansard/The Frames would make an appearance (be it support or guest) when they play here again. Two of my favourite artists ever so I would be over the moon!

I'd hate to see them in Marley Park because the sound and set up is absolutely atrocious. I could take an EP appearance but I would need to be in a campsite by myself all weekend because I wouldn't be able to stop talking about them in the lead up to/after the gig!

Just got Vs in the post on Vinyl today. The effort they put into the sleeve designs is brilliant. Christ I wish I made the trip to see them this summer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm not sure how you would expect the sound to be much different at EP to Marlay park?

Having said that, I'd definitely take them at EP too, but only if it's a proper 3 hour slot like at Werchter this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Jesus, you really are a fan, eh?

That's an understatement. A healthy obsession is how I would describe it.
    I'm not sure how you would expect the sound to be much different at EP to Marlay park?

Having said that, I'd definitely take them at EP too, but only if it's a proper 3 hour slot like at Werchter this year!

Sorry what I should've said was that I could take an EP set if it was going to be a 3 hour one. I'd just make sure I was in the pit.

Listening to the Leeds official boot...ragin i wasnt there...sounds like the best show in years..
    PM me if you want it..

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Re-living the Milton Keynes show just now,Jesus what a storming 3+ hours. Will be very interesting to see how their next touring pattern works out. I personally think EP is unlikely for them,they'd need half a day to play their full show at it!!

They certainly owe us an Irish show but I'd happily go anywhere in Europe to see them again,well worth the trip to Amsterdam and MK this summer. The US shows in October are just a stretch to far for me this year unfortunately

• Advertisement

US shows are never as much fun to be honest..

US shows are never as much fun to be honest..

I've no doubt this is true but I still won't be happy till I see them somewhere in the US,obviously Seattle would be the holy grail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

I've no doubt this is true but I still won't be happy till I see them somewhere in the US,obviously Seattle would be the holy grail!!

I saw them in Seattle and while it was good it's prob not a standout gig for me. At least not as much as at MK this year or in Ireland in 2000, or 2006.

fluke wrote: »
    I saw them in Seattle and while it was good it's prob not a standout gig for me. At least not as much as at MK this year or in Ireland in 2000, or 2006.

Really? Surprised at that tbh,I thought a hometown gig would have been a bit more special. I was at the other 3 gigs you mentioned and to be honest,they were sh!t hot!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

fluke wrote: »

Saw them at their 2 Key Arena shows in '09 too, and they wouldn't be in my top 10 tbh. MSG in New York was a little more "epic".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Found this yesterday.happy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Ah Slane 93, my first ever gig. Nice one! Great times!

Pearl Jem playing the Academy next month. Seen them before. They put on a good show.

Slane was their favourite gig that year apparently.

We're in Dublin why go home?

Deadly bootleg too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Slane was their favourite gig that year apparently.

We're in Dublin why go home?

Deadly bootleg too

Yea i had/bought that bootleg but god knows where it is now lol
    Stunning concert. They blew every one out of the water that day in just 45 mins.

if you go to pearljambootlegs.org, they have ALL the shows..cork, dublin 96 are both great too..

Cork was my first Pj show...millstreet...only about 3000 people at it...weird weird night spent alone in a little garden shed at the back of the venue cos all the B&Bs were booked up..still..great fun :)

• Advertisement

just listening to first song, why go..even tho its a sh!tty recording you can almost feel it..theyre at the top of their game here...hard heavy huge n groovy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Still have that Slane gig on tape, missed it as i was stateside but epic short blistering set.

Hi guys, I just put up a post in the gigs and events section regarding the Irish PJ Tribute 'Pearl Jem', hope you won't mind me repeating it in here for those who won't see it over there...
    Hi there,
    We've just completed a successful run of gigs in the U.K. and are looking forward to playing the following dates in Ireland between now and the end of the year, kicking off in Sligo tomorrow night:

Thursday September 18th: The Swagman Bar, Sligo
    Friday September 19th: Monroe's Live, Galway

Friday October 10th: Voodoo, Belfast
    Friday October 17th: Dolan's, Limerick
    Saturday October 18th: Academy 2, Dublin
    Sunday October 26th: Spirit Store, Dundalk

Saturday December 27th: Amplified Bar, Newry
    Sunday December 28th: McHugh's Venue, Drogheda

Tickets and further information available from www.pearljem.com/tour and www.facebook.com/pearljemalive
    Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I'm there!

So they played No code in its entirety last night.

Around the bend into given to fly. Bastards.

1.SMALL TOWN
    2.SOMETIMES
    3.HAIL HAIL
    4.WHO YOU ARE
    5.IN MY TREE
    6.SMILE
    7.OFF HE GOES
    8.HABIT
    9.RED MOSQUITO
    10.LUKIN
    11.PRESENT TENSE
    12.MANKIND
    13.IM OPEN
    14.AROUND THE BEND
    15.GIVEN TO FLY
    16.INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE
    17.CORDUROY
    18.MIND YOUR MANNERS
    19.BRAIN OF J
    20.INFALLIBLE
    21.EVEN FLOW
    22.GONE
    23.GARDEN
    24.PORCH

ENCORE 1

25.IMPROV SONG ABOUT MOLINE
    26.BEE GIRL
    27.IMAGINE
    28.IN HIDING
    29.LIGHTNING BOLT
    30.DO THE EVOLUTION
    31.JEREMY
    32.WHY GO

ENCORE 2

33.ERUPTION
    34.ALIVE
    35. ****IN UP
    36.YLB

10728888_10152464091687993_1221505258_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Played Yield the whole way through in Milwaukee.

10724177_564150073684889_1262432322_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Damnit, my favourite album...think its cool how they doing it! Imagine being a casual fan the gig they do Lost Dogs!

• Advertisement

Given to fly, acoustic...never thought id see the day :)

Advertisement