Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

10C for Milton Keynes is early entry, 13:40 instead of 14:00 GA... I won't even make it there until 3pm so useless to me...

That may or may not make a difference depending on how it's done. Will there be a pit? If so do you get a band and cone and go or if you leave would you need to queue again festival style? Perhaps 10c tickets will have a band anyway... really just wanna know if it's worth going in early to get a band or not. If there's no band I've no intention of hanging around the front all day so ill just enjoy from afar and maybe get as close as comfortable for pearl jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

NothingMan wrote: »
    That may or may not make a difference depending on how it's done. Will there be a pit? If so do you get a band and cone and go or if you leave would you need to queue again festival style? Perhaps 10c tickets will have a band anyway... really just wanna know if it's worth going in early to get a band or not. If there's no band I've no intention of hanging around the front all day so ill just enjoy from afar and maybe get as close as comfortable for pearl jam.

Email said we will get a 10C wrist band which will allow entry 20 minutes before GA.
    As you said, this *should* be enough to get a pit spot. If so, I would imagine exit and reentry should be fine. Depends on the size of the pit I suppose, and how many 10C tickets were sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Pre flight pints in the airport now,next stop Amsterdam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Anyone heading to see them over the next few weeks enjoy, Jealous and still praying for an EV date here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pendulum
    Nothingman
    Breakerfall
    Corduroy
    All Night
    Animal
    Got Some
    Mind Your Manners
    Given to Fly
    Who You Are
    Lightning Bolt
    Even Flow
    Swallowed Whole
    Sirens
    Light Years
    Evacuation
    Wishlist
    Porch
    Encore:
    Low Light
    Thin Air
    Sleeping By Myself
    (Eddie Vedder song)
    Footsteps
    Come Back
    Jeremy
    Better Man
    Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2:
    Go
    Why Go
    Supersonic
    Sonic Reducer
    (Dead Boys cover)
    Alive
    Indifference

Not a bad start to their tour anyway. Would love to get Low Light, wishlist, Jeremy, Who You Are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Just back from Amsterdam. Great show, Eddie had a knee injury so he wasn't moving around too much. Great energy from the crowd & a nice touch from Eddie when he was introducing Animal, talking about the 5 against 1 lyric & referencing the 5-1 scoreline between the dutch & spain at the world cup, went down well with the locals :)

Fantastic setlist, but in particular Jeremy, RVM & Footsteps where spectacular, hope someone has them uploaded to Youtube.

Roll on Vienna & Berlin next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Haha Eddie was on the ball there with that reference.

Just home after a very eventful few days in the Dam,brilliant gig too!!

I thought that set list was top notch myself,got to hear a few songs I had yet to see them play. Buzzing for MK in a few weeks now!!

Just back home from a great week in Amsterdam. Night 2 was my favourite, but both gigs were out of this world. The standing area was the most packed I've ever experienced at a PJ show, plus some of those Dutch guys are really fúcking tall! I've read some reviews mentioning a lack of energy from the crowds, particularly for Night 1, but that was not my experience of the gigs. Down in the middle of the floor the energy was high, and I've got the aches and bruises to testify to that!

I was hoping for 'Release' to open Night 2, but will never, ever complain or get tired of hearing 'Hard To Imagine'. So many highlights for me over the 2 nights - 'Nothing Man', 'Who You Are', 'Light Years', 'Low Light', 'Footsteps', 'Come Back', 'Sonic Reducer', 'Hard To Imagine', 'Severed Hand', 'Getaway', 'Immortality', 'All Or None', 'My Father's Son', 'Black', 'Blood' - Even as i type now I can't believe I got to hear all of those at 2 gigs.

Eddie's knee seems to be fúcked, but his voice was in great shape, more so for Night 1 IMO. Of course there were about a million instances of wrong/mixed up lyrics, but it wouldn't be a PJ gig if there wasn't :D The band were tight with some lovely solos from both McCready and Gossard. Matt Cameron is an unfaltering machine, he definitely guides the lads through some of the more rare tunes with his exact drumming and knowledge of the songs, funny since he has probably been playing such tunes for a shorter amount of time than anyone else in the band! (except Boom of course.)

Each night the band came on about 8.10pm and finished at 10.55pm, about 2 hours 45 minutes of a set both nights. Apparently they played 61 songs over the 2 nights, with 55 unique ones and just 6 played at both shows. What a band, this is why I love them. Roll on Berlin next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Cool review thanks:)
    I've booked Vienna and Berlin..and managed somehow to not book a flight home..hope some money falls from the sky before monday :)

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    Cool review thanks:)
    I've booked Vienna and Berlin..and managed somehow to not book a flight home..hope some money falls from the sky before monday :)

Beg, steal, borrow or swim David, you know it'll be worth it :pac:

I'm doing all three. And more :)
    San Siro in Italy tonight. I still can't believe they're doing this

I'm doing all three. And more :)
    San Siro in Italy tonight. I still can't believe they're doing this

Some size of a venue for the lads to be playing in, would love to be there. I have 10c tickets for Trieste but won't be making it (hmm might do the euro-millions tonight!) and it is also gonna be in a big stadium.

Enjoy tonight David and let us know how the gig went.

oh im not in milan!! just following it on FB..

weirdly average set for such a huge place!

oh im not in milan!! just following it on FB..

weirdly average set for such a huge place!

Sorry David, thought you were there!

I think the set for Milan was what it needed to be. In a stadium with up to 60,000 attendees, they would have had to play it safe with how many rarities they could throw in so as to not alienate the overwhelming amount of casual listeners there.

It seems like a greatest hits set peppered with the odd rarity, exactly what I would expect for such a huge show. Berlin next week however, better be a different story! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

stankratz wrote: »
    Sorry David, thought you were there!

I think the set for Milan was what it needed to be. In a stadium with up to 60,000 attendees, they would have had to play it safe with how many rarities they could throw in so as to not alienate the overwhelming amount of casual listeners there.

It seems like a greatest hits set peppered with the odd rarity, exactly what I would expect for such a huge show. Berlin next week however, better be a different story! :pac:

Hope that's not the case for Milton Keynes, 65k venue but also the last stop so could be special. Really looking forward to it now.

the last show is never special..the second to last show is always the special one..

Off to Vienna tomorrow..doing that and the ever brilliant Wulheide..the very best place to see the lads..i love it..

hoping the effing french air traffic controllers each get a dose of malaria...f*ckers go on strike if its effin raining..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aNt1X

Hi guys, can I ask if somebody can buy me a Sweatband from one of the next shows? (the red one with the lightning bolt)

I managed to get one in Trieste and it was a gift ... but I would like to get another one for me, and after the show they were sold out of course.

I live in Dublin and of course i would pay the whole price (item and shipping) in advance.

Thank you guys!

Pj could play the phone book at this venue and it wouldn't matter. That place is just magical.

This show was incredible. A little more generic than Vienna (how random was that set??? But it worked incredibly well)

They sound better and better every time. And I'm not being a fanboi. Brooklyn was tight but this and Vienna was a whole new level. They're gearing up to take on stadiums and I didn't think they had the chops for that but they do. They really do.
    Sound was a total mess in Vienna. Ed even commented on it being the second worst place for sound that they've played. But whatever they're doing with their sound isn't working.
    You can hear things defined but there's no body to it. It's not mixed together if that makes sense and matts kick is louder by far than jeff. This was all the way through Vienna then It stared again about half way through Berlin.

Other than that, two incredibly great shows. If you can, see them at wulheide.
    Everything about it is perfect and they seem to respond to that.
    Glad I went.
    Mind still blown

• Advertisement

Wuhlheide was amazing, as usual, last Thursday. There's just something about the venue that brings out the magic in Pearl Jam. Compared to the O2 World gigs in Berlin 2 years ago, this was already a better gig 3 songs into the night for me anyway.

I just can't get over the freedom of choice, there are about 30 stalls spread out around the venue, with a huge selection in drink and food for very reasonable prices. We waited at the top of the stands watching the floor fill up, taking it all in, and then 20 minutes before the boys came on we descended to the floor to get a great spot on Stone's side, comfortably without pissing any other fans off.

The sound was great but for one thing; Because we were on Stone's side and the sound engineer would pan the guitars in the mix to complement the aesthetic view of the stage, I was seriously missing some McCready tones. I spent a lot of the songs just imagining Mike's lead parts rather than getting my face melted off by them, but this didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the show. It should have, but there were far too many good things happening to not stop me from having the time of my life.

As for the songs, the ones that made it magical for me were In My Tree, Nothing Man, YOU FÚCKIN ARE!!!, Who You Are, Immortality, Sleight of Hand, Bee Girl and Crazy Mary. I got my hands on a setlist after the show to see that Leash was crossed out of the 2nd encore, but I got more than I ever thought I'd get with the songs they actually played.

That's me done for 2014 now. I got 2 serious shows in Amsterdam and a thunderbastard of a show in Berlin. I have 10c tickets reserved for Leeds but work is more than likely going to prevent me from making it. Enjoy Leeds and MK whoever of you are going over, by the looks of things the band and the sets are just getting better and better the longer this tour goes on. Age is not slowing them down and I'm already saving for 2016 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

the last show is never special..the second to last show is always the special one..
    Is that a joke? Cause I can confirm Seattle last december was amazing!
    :P

No joke. Eds own words actually.

That's deadly!!

It's great isnt it? he even got me during given to fly, which is my national anthem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Long time lurker in this thread..That venue is amazing..think eddie said at one stage they had played there 6/7 times ..next time im def there:) ..googled it and unfortunately its Kim Wilde:eek:
    Anyways spent the last 3 hours watching this awesome video:)

The Amsterdam boots are up on the PJ site folks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Any plans for an Irish gig?

I caught them in Auckland and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. They made it seem like they had only ever played one gig and this was it... very special.

Saw them again in the O2 and it wasn't the same. Although, the O2 is a rubbish venue. Never had a good gig in there besides Godskitchen's back in the 90's when it was The Point!

• Advertisement

so....

if Pj follow their touring pattern to date, they'll be in Ireland next summer...

can anyone say Electric Picnic?

Advertisement