Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Petrol

Options
  • 25-04-2009 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Now 107.9 in Miltown Malbay, Co.Clare! Any comparisons around the country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

More or less the same in Carlow. Of course the price goes up as soon as I buy a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

106.9 in Batterstown, Co. Meath yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

105.9 in West Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

brent crude oil is about $8 a barrel dearer since the middle of March, about $52 vs $44
    Both of these are only an eyeball average, the daiy price variations are up to about $8 anyway

http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/companyresearch/100815/Brent_Crude/company_charts.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Cabinteely 108.9/ Kilmac 109.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Got a full tank in Sligo this morning at 103.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

109.9 the other morning in Dublin 24. I did see it for 105.9 last night in Dublin 16 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

104.9 on friday in Coachford, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

http://www.pumps.ie/

Showing average of 109.9!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Why is fuel so much at the mo, considering how low the price of oil ($60?) is i cant understand why petrol is only 10c cheaper than it was when oil was over $100 a barrel? Shouldnt it still be under the euro mark regardless of the new duties imposed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Hogzy wrote: »
    Why is fuel so much at the mo, considering how low the price of oil ($60?) is i cant understand why petrol is only 10c cheaper than it was when oil was over $100 a barrel? Shouldnt it still be under the euro mark regardless of the new duties imposed!

Well over 70c per litre is taken by the government in the form of taxes.
    Think of that as the fixed part of the price.
    The remainder jumps up and down with the price of oil and exchange rate with the dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I think you would need to compare the €/$ exchange rate now with what it was when oil was $100.

Within a 1 mile radius of here it varies between €1.05 (tesco) and €1.10 (texaco).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

For the simple reason that the petrol companies have decided to rip people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Bit of a price war in Arklow at the moment. The three petrol stations at the south end of the town are102.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

105.9 just outside Portumna yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Jim Martin wrote: »
    105.9 just outside Portumna yesterday.
    Should have gone that bit further, 104 average in Birr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

bmaxi wrote: »
    Bit of a price war in Arklow at the moment. The three petrol stations at the south end of the town are102.9.

Apple Orange and Tesco....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

balindine 102.9 yesterday at topaz

Huge differences - I saw somewhere between Portumna & Gort Saturday was 119!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

For the simple reason that the petrol companies have decided to rip people off.

They can put whatever price they want on it, or do you want them to let us decide the price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

They can put whatever price they want on it, or do you want them to let us decide the price?

They are still ripping people off. So the other post was indeed correct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I wasn't paying too much attention on the way to work this morning but I think:

Galway City
    Petrol: 109.9
    Diesel: 103.9

Ballinasloe
    Petrol: 104.9
    Diesel: 98.9

Will check again on the way home to confirm and also look out for prices on the edge of Athlone, in Craughwell and Derrydonnell. I think Athlone and Craughwell are cheaper than Galway but slightly dearer than Ballinasloe.

PS - It's funny how Galway City is dearer than towns far away in the county or towns in the likes of Mayo, Roscommon, Clare... when the oil is shipped into the Galway docks and has to be distributed (at an extra cost) to these other towns. Obviously rent and overheads might be slightly higher in Galway but there's not a huge deal of competition in Galway which would mean they should have enough custom to make up for this and charge the same as other towns. It should be at least on a par with other towns if not cheaper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

The dollar is getting slightly stronger against the euro now and the barrel of oil doesnt fully represent the cost of how much petrol would be. Purifying and the cost of transport would also need to be included into that. If the 5c increase in the october budget wasnt introduced some places would be under a euro right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Tesco Clonmel 101.9
    Amber Clonmel 101.9

Tesco Waterford 105.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

until we see changes in the crack spread, I'd imagine the price of gasoline will remain high relative to the price of distillate fuels (diesel & home heating oil).

Petrol actually up at the 110.9 mark at a few garages in Galway

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

KevR wrote: »
    I wasn't paying too much attention on the way to work this morning but I think:

Galway City
    Petrol: 109.9
    Diesel: 103.9

Ballinasloe
    Petrol: 104.9
    Diesel: 98.9

Will check again on the way home to confirm and also look out for prices on the edge of Athlone, in Craughwell and Derrydonnell. I think Athlone and Craughwell are cheaper than Galway but slightly dearer than Ballinasloe.

PS - It's funny how Galway City is dearer than towns far away in the county or towns in the likes of Mayo, Roscommon, Clare... when the oil is shipped into the Galway docks and has to be distributed (at an extra cost) to these other towns. Obviously rent and overheads might be slightly higher in Galway but there's not a huge deal of competition in Galway which would mean they should have enough custom to make up for this and charge the same as other towns. It should be at least on a par with other towns if not cheaper..
    Are they the same fuels? Some unleadeds are more expensive because of the additives added to them at the gantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Actually, the two Esso stations on the Connaught side of Athlone are usually among the cheapest in the country, Garbally oil in Ballinasloe make a point of being 1 cent cheaper then the likes of Corrib Oil or Topaz but even they have been out done by the above mentioned Esso.

flazio wrote: »
    Actually, the two Esso stations on the Connaught side of Athlone are usually among the cheapest in the country, Garbally oil in Ballinasloe make a point of being 1 cent cheaper then the likes of Corrib Oil or Topaz but even they have been out done by the above mentioned Esso.

Whereabouts are those stations? Are they much of a detour from the N6?

• Advertisement

Don't think you can get any cheaper than Tesco, unfortunately, they don't seem to have many pumps!

Advertisement